Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
13
21
22
23
24
25
33
... LastLast
  1. #441
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    That doesn't even make sense. 20 positive reviews, 2 mixed, 2 poor and its at .4? Am I reading something wrong?

    Nvm looks as though its bugged, upon clicking "negative" it shows some 1900 poor user scores.
    Yeah, not sure exactly. Metacritic user scores are completely worthless though, just like amazon user scores or user scores anywhere. If a game has some feature the reviewer doesn't like, even if it's a fun game, the reviewer will often give it the lowest rating possible. Absurd.

  2. #442
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I cant believe some of you guys are taking this post seriously. Look at his post history every thread he makes and post is about how wow is being dumbed down and is dying and that the only people who still play are fanboy addicts. he doesnt even play wow
    Amazingly if you look at the threads he's created, he has far, far more threads that are locked than open. The guy simply likes to post obvious flamebait. It should be obvious in some of the stuff he comes out with in this thread alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

  3. #443
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Way fucking better than Cataclysm at least.
    Why do people say that Cataclysm was bad? It was the same exact thing as WotLK, which gets pretty high praise on these forums.

  4. #444
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Yeah, you probably don't know much about Norse mythology / culture then because it dominates Wrath. Ulduar alone is 90% Norse mythology.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 11:13 PM ----------



    No, of course it is racist. Was Wrath pandering to the Norse? If you say that it was not, then you cannot say that MoP is pandering to the Chinese because it is THE EXACT SAME SITUATION. You are being very racist there.
    No, Wrath was not pandering to Norse, because Wrath was about Lich King, not Norse, which is why its' name was Wrath of the Lich King not Wrath of Thor or Tears of Odin or Hills of Vanaheim or Hazy Mornings of Asgard or .........

    Yes, MoP is pandering to Chinese market because what we have today is Mists of Pandaria with pandas and Chinese culture as the central theme element.

    So, no they are not the same thing.
    They know how to milk the cow.

  5. #445
    I didn't think Cata was that bad until Dragon Soul. Not a fan of that raid. Loved T11 and T12 though.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 01:24 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by alba007 View Post
    No, Wrath was not pandering to Norse, because Wrath was about Lich King, not Norse, which is why its' name was Wrath of the Lich King not Wrath of Thor or Tears of Odin or Hills of Vanaheim or Hazy Mornings of Asgard or .........

    Yes, MoP is pandering to Chinese market because what we have today is Mists of Pandaria with pandas and Chinese culture as the central theme element.

    So, no they are not the same thing.
    The name Mists of Pandaria has fuck all to do with China. Nothing whatsoever to do with China. It is true that a lot of Pandaria has Chinese themes, but not all. It is also true that Wrath of the Lich King had Norse themes, but not all. They are the exact same. Suggesting otherwise is blatant racism.

  6. #446
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    you realize those are just opinions right? you can think of them as being "expert" if you think that helps you make your point but it doesn't. they added an entire new continent with TONS of new content that i guarantee you none of the people rating it(high or low, doesnt matter) have seen. when the expansion is over and the new one is about to come out, that is a good time to rate it, doing it before that point only makes you look like an ass.

  7. #447
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,948
    and yet is still gets an 80+ scorers. May be lower but barely.

  8. #448
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozez View Post
    *huge facepalm*
    people's opinions is factual data on the quality of the expansion is it?
    What a complete copout of a response. It's the same argument being used over the SWTOR forums by fans in denial, "Peoples opinions can't be used to judge the quality of a game ergo; you can't say SWTOR was a flop and MOP falling short of expectations".

    I suppose you could use that same line to argue that Daikatan or DNF were better First Person shooters than Bioshock, because y'know. . peoples opinions don't mean squat and all.

  9. #449
    Cataclysm hemorrhaged millions of subscribers despite Blizzard giving away millions in free shit to just feebly try and hold onto them.

    Mists of Pandaria would have to pretty much lose everyone for it to be 'substantially worse' than that piece of shit.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

  10. #450
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    I didn't think Cata was that bad until Dragon Soul. Not a fan of that raid. Loved T11 and T12 though.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 01:24 AM ----------



    The name Mists of Pandaria has fuck all to do with China. Nothing whatsoever to do with China. It is true that a lot of Pandaria has Chinese themes, but not all. It is also true that Wrath of the Lich King had Norse themes, but not all. They are the exact same. Suggesting otherwise is blatant racism.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but Pandaria is basically Chinatown of WoW.
    It has nothing but Chinese elements, even the name is from Chinese panda bears obviously. And the new awesome fluffy cuddly pandaren are the Chinese panda bears.
    Wrath had Lich King and his undead legions as the main theme. Norse was a side flavor nothing else, whereas pandas are the dominant main element of today.

    They are totally different, suggesting otherwise is being unable to comprehend the obvious difference. The only way they could be the same is if there was no Lich King in Wrath and if Norse was in his place, but that is not how it was. Or maybe you think Lich King and his undead armies were part of the Norse mythology ?!
    They know how to milk the cow.

  11. #451
    Quote Originally Posted by alba007 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but Pandaria is basically Chinatown of WoW.
    It has nothing but Chinese elements, even the name is from Chinese panda bears obviously. And the new awesome fluffy cuddly pandaren are the Chinese panda bears.
    Wrath had Lich King and his undead legions as the main theme. Norse was a side flavor nothing else, whereas pandas are the dominant main element of today.

    They are totally different, suggesting otherwise is being unable to comprehend the obvious difference. The only way they could be the same is if there was no Lich King in Wrath and if Norse was in his place, but that is not how it was. Or maybe you think Lich King and his undead armies were part of the Norse mythology ?!
    Chinatown? Yeah, I hit that nail on the head. Why do you think your racism is ok? It's not ok.

    The dominant, main element of MoP is the Horde vs Alliance conflict. Have you even played the game at all? Panda bears are beloved world wide, not just China, so that's laughable. Wrath of the Lich KING (viKINGs were well known for having kings) was just as much about Scandinavia as MoP is about China. Every zone in Northrend is based on an element of Scandinavia from the tundras to the fjords to the hot spots to the glaciers to the mountains. It was all deliberately based on North mythology including the raids (the original raids that is, Naxx was from Vanilla and doesn't count) and dungeons. Ulduar was a HUGE shout out to Norse mythology as was ToC and ICC.

    You clearly don't know much about Chinese or Norse mythology. You really don't understand that the situations aren't just similar, they are IDENTICAL.

    Lastly, yes, a huge portion of the undead in WotLK was based on Norse mythology such as the Val'kyr.

  12. #452
    Moderator Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Posts
    20,403
    Quote Originally Posted by alba007 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but Pandaria is basically Chinatown of WoW.
    It has nothing but Chinese elements, even the name is from Chinese panda bears obviously. And the new awesome fluffy cuddly pandaren are the Chinese panda bears.
    Wrath had Lich King and his undead legions as the main theme. Norse was a side flavor nothing else, whereas pandas are the dominant main element of today.

    They are totally different, suggesting otherwise is being unable to comprehend the obvious difference. The only way they could be the same is if there was no Lich King in Wrath and if Norse was in his place, but that is not how it was. Or maybe you think Lich King and his undead armies were part of the Norse mythology ?!
    Again, so?

    I'm still waiting for someone to give me any reason why this is in any way a "bad thing". All the expansions have clear themes. This happens to be this one's. Why does WoW have to remain culturally "pure" to Western mythologies and concepts? Why is this an issue in the first place? That's what I don't get. It's a fantasy setting that draws heavily from real world influences. Why is China a forbidden source of concepts?

  13. #453
    What's a "metacritic"? Also since when is a B failing?

    P.S. If you didn't want to upset people why not just name it "critics don't like MoP" instead?

  14. #454
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    Someone get a ban off for trolling.

  15. #455
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    expert critics e.g. IGN
    I hope you're joking.

  16. #456
    metacritic needs to get horrible brain cancer, shot through the head, burned, and be put in a hole filled with spikes.

    That may be a bit extreme. But metacritic is a cancer, and needs to die already. Same with scores.

  17. #457

  18. #458
    Quote Originally Posted by LuminousAether View Post
    Chinatown? Yeah, I hit that nail on the head. Why do you think your racism is ok? It's not ok.

    The dominant, main element of MoP is the Horde vs Alliance conflict. Have you even played the game at all? Panda bears are beloved world wide, not just China, so that's laughable. Wrath of the Lich KING (viKINGs were well known for having kings) was just as much about Scandinavia as MoP is about China. Every zone in Northrend is based on an element of Scandinavia from the tundras to the fjords to the hot spots to the glaciers to the mountains. It was all deliberately based on North mythology including the raids (the original raids that is, Naxx was from Vanilla and doesn't count) and dungeons. Ulduar was a HUGE shout out to Norse mythology as was ToC and ICC.

    You clearly don't know much about Chinese or Norse mythology. You really don't understand that the situations aren't just similar, they are IDENTICAL.

    Lastly, yes, a huge portion of the undead in WotLK was based on Norse mythology such as the Val'kyr.
    The fact of the matter is Wrath had Lich King (not Norse), who has nothing to do with Norse kings, as the main element, whereas panda expansion has pandas which are China's native panda bears as the whole world knows, and Pandaria, which is basically the Chinatown of WoW. Blizzard can have whatever they wish in the game, but everybody does not have to like it.

    The fact that you are basically saying in your post that "Vikings had kings so Lich King may be Norse" makes me think you cannot be older than 12. It's an incredibly pathetic logic, actually it's not even logic.
    Norse had kings =/= all kings, including the Lich King, are Norse. Jeez, I cannot believe I had to explain that...
    They know how to milk the cow.

  19. #459
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Thanks for the laugh.

  20. #460
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    How many people do you think gave a negative review because of a "ZOMG kungfupanda casualcraft" mindset?
    ^ This right here, I bet "Half" those so called "critics" took one look at the pandas said "Ewwww childish" and rated badly. -.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    I speak my mind, I don't sugar coat it and I don't read replies because most of the time it's someone who apparently "got their feelings hurt".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •