Deleted

Best way to get gold with jewelcrafting?

Hey i was wondering how i can earn gold with jewelcrafting i currently have 600 in jewel crafting.

hope you guys will help

Haven't played MoP yet but if JC is like it was the last two expansions then it's great to prospect ore, sell the green quality uncut gems one by one and cut the blue quality gems into the main stat everyone is after. Strength and agility gems would always be the best money maker.
    Be careful though as this varies from realm to realm. On alliance Proudmoore I could safely spend all my gold on ore, prospect and cut etc then come home from work with a full mailbag and 3 /reloadui later and have a very nice profit.
    Switching to horde Illidan, this method did not work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually the only one selling level 12-20 and 40-55 amulets and rings. Sells quite fast too. TBC socketable level <-66 jewelry also sells for a nice amount of gold.

Also Wrath blue and epic gems are always in low or non-existent supply, and people using brutal/sunwell gear will want best gems available.

If you have enchanting, just check what level dusts and essences are in short supply, and do some disenchanting ^^

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Things are still a bit skewed by it being the beginning of the expansion, but I'd imagine once the market settles down and raid finder becomes more readily available we'll be doing the same things as in previous expansions. The price distribution is likely to be more even this time though (ie. you won't find everything but reds worthless anymore) due to the large amounts of secondary stats on some gems being better than the lower budgeted primary stat gems for a lot of specs.
    Given that green quality gems have a chance to be perfect cuts (which are now just as good as rare gems), it might be more profitable to cut those as well and hope to get lucky, but we'll have to wait and see.

Aside from that you can make a lot of money cutting meta gems at the moment if you have an alchemist friend/alt transmuting them for you, and the companion pets made using spirits of harmony are likely to be a very lucrative way to spend your motes for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by FatRastafarian View Post
    Haven't played MoP yet but if JC is like it was the last two expansions then it's great to prospect ore, sell the green quality uncut gems one by one and cut the blue quality gems into the main stat everyone is after. Strength and agility gems would always be the best money maker.
    Be careful though as this varies from realm to realm. On alliance Proudmoore I could safely spend all my gold on ore, prospect and cut etc then come home from work with a full mailbag and 3 /reloadui later and have a very nice profit.
    Switching to horde Illidan, this method did not work.
    Actually, seeing as the perfect uncommon cuts have the same stat as rare quality gems, it is actually more profit in buying cheap uncommon gems and cut them for perfects, and sell those. I just vendor the uncommon cut gems I get

Quote Originally Posted by dumkin View Post
    Actually, seeing as the perfect uncommon cuts have the same stat as rare quality gems, it is actually more profit in buying cheap uncommon gems and cut them for perfects, and sell those. I just vendor the uncommon cut gems I get
    Yeah.

I'm averaging a perfect cut every 11 gems in some of my worst cases. Just finished buying all the Tiger Opals on my servers auction house at 4g 9s a gem. Collected 363 out of my last gather and managed to come out with 37 perfect potent cuts. Even undercutting everyone else like an asshole I was able to net 180g a gem with all of my auctions selling within the 12 hour put up mark.

363 x 4g9s = 1484g67s
    37 x 171g16s(after AH cut) = 6332g92s
    326 x 85s(non-perfect cuts sold to vendor) = 277g1s

Spend: 1484g67s
    Return: 6609g93s
    Profit: 5125g26s

Took me ~5 minutes of AFKing to cut them. Didn't have to camp for gems. Just bought them during peak. Obviously this all depends on both luck and server prices for green quality gems. Tiger opals can be expensive as others probably do this quite often. I also had luck with Alexandrites and cutting Perfect Vivid (PVP power+resil) cuts and selling them but they seem to be flooded at night now with most of my market success being during the day but I still net ~150g a cut on them on a good day.

Deleted
    what gem uncommon(green quality) gem should i cut with tiger opal i dont quite understand how to make perfect cuts

Deleted
    I think the cut you should go for varies on a per server basis. But the perfect cuts happen automatically. Just cut a stack of green quality gems in the cut you want, and then you will get at least perfect cut, unless you are unlucky.

Quote Originally Posted by fc0712 View Post
    what gem uncommon(green quality) gem should i cut with tiger opal i dont quite understand how to make perfect cuts
    as u cut uncommon gems you have a chance to cut a perfect version of that cut

Deleted
    just cut 71 tigers opal and only got 3 perfect cut gems

Deleted
    Must say they really turned jc on its head. Hard enough to get people to buy byt the excess gems from research make it really hard to sell styff against the dumpers.