Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Depends on your talent choices, on your tier situation (4p?), your meta gem, your stats etc.

Let's say you have good gear, 4p and meta gem and so you've gone a haste build with EM/PE then the simple priority which you will lose dps on from not optimizing during certain conditions or simming is:

ST
    LBx5msw
    Wolves
    SS/SB (stormblast is when you're in ascendance form)
    FS with unleash flame buff (this comes from using unleash elements)
    LL with 5 searing flames (this will almost always be the case via it's cooldown if you have searing totem attacking the target)
    UE
    ES

So let's go again in super simple form.

ST > Lbx5msw > Wolves > SS/SB> FS_UF > LL > UE > ES

If your gear isn't great and you've gone UF which means a mastery build you will go (also no 4p)

ST > UE > Lbx5msw > SS/SB > FS_UF > LL > ES

I can totally understand with an alt, or offspec not wanting to get too deep into the more complicated facets of the spec though :P
    Last edited by xap; 2013-05-10 at 02:42 AM.

The feel I seem to be getting with Enhance is that is scales a lot depending on gear so I should probably go sim different talent choices. I have a basic idea of what I need to do now though, Thanks.

So as far as current 5.3 ptr build goes, does the balance among our lvl 90 talents change for PvE?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    So as far as current 5.3 ptr build goes, does the balance among our lvl 90 talents change for PvE?
    I haven't done any testing yet as it's still PTR and things could always change, however based on the current changes there should be no change to the level 90 talents, mostly for the case that there aren't any changes that really affect those talent choices. The only really notable changes at this time are the weapon damage increase to SS and LL - which might pull them ahead of say UE_UF, MSWx5_LB, and EB due to how hard they should hit and we want them on CD as quickly as possible, to not delay them at all. Are there changes that I'm not seeing that you're referencing in terms of the level 90 talents?

In addition the LB movement change is also really welcome as I know that I personally hardcast LB a ton (running UF talent) so being able to move and hardcast a 3 or 4 stack MSW on the move is extremely helpful for me.
    Last edited by Aretoo; 2013-04-30 at 05:12 PM.
    Asrel - Shadow Priest <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind
    Aretoo - Havoc DH <Last Attempt> US-Whisperwind

BCP API: Unable to download player from 'http://cn.battle.net/api/wow/character/朵丹尼尔/Iggie?fields=talents,items,professions&locale=en_US', reason: Internal server error.

Have a raid in an hour. Wanted to sim to see what talents are best. Running PE/EM currently, but I have a feeling it isn't my best setup. No idea why im getting that error when I try to import...

http://www.battlenet.com.cn/wow/zh/c...4/Iggie/simple
    Last edited by iggie; 2013-05-01 at 11:15 AM.

What about this random drop mace from ToT with 2.4 speed :S i just got it yesterday with Coin and dont know what to feel about it.
    I think any HC weapon would be better than this and its HC TF

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...renie/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Speks View Post
    What about this random drop mace from ToT with 2.4 speed :S i just got it yesterday with Coin and dont know what to feel about it.
    I think any HC weapon would be better than this and its HC TF

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...renie/advanced
    Based on the various sims I've run, even though it's 2.4 it still matches up with other weapons. You'll probably only replace it with your BiS HC TF.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me if the new Glyph of Lightning Shield functions from Static Shock from Unleashed Fury and SS/LvL aswell as when you are getting targeted by something or just the latter?

[Quick Whinge]

Monks and mages AoE got buffed and enhances didn't

(As they were in the same boat as us)

[/Quick Whinge]

Quote Originally Posted by xap View Post
    [Quick Whinge]

Monks and mages AoE got buffed and enhances didn't

(As they were in the same boat as us)

[/Quick Whinge]
    Our AoE did get buffed. The increase of SP from AP directly buffs our FN and CL damage.

"Mental Quickness now converts 65% of the Shaman's attack power to spell power, up from 55%."

Okay but what about the GCD's required to get going?

Our ramp up time is stupid.

The ramp-up is still the same. I'm reserving judgment, until I see how it performs, in-game.

Would you rather just push 1 button for good aoe on 3+ mobs like a lot of casters have and what monks have? At least our AoE isn't as clunky as a Ret Paly's. I personally really like how our AoE is set up, we can shift our rotation to focus on specific amount of mobs - use A for single target B for 2 mobs C for 3 mobs and D for 4+ mobs - it's really nice to have flavor to our rotation and it's not just "oh good here's an aoe pack that we just spam one button for until they are dead". On a sustained aoe pack we can do a lot of damage, and our ramp up time is not that bad, it really just takes one FS+LL to get going then just spam FN and CL, not really bad imo.

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightout View Post
    Would you rather just push 1 button for good aoe on 3+ mobs like a lot of casters have and what monks have? At least our AoE isn't as clunky as a Ret Paly's. I personally really like how our AoE is set up, we can shift our rotation to focus on specific amount of mobs - use A for single target B for 2 mobs C for 3 mobs and D for 4+ mobs - it's really nice to have flavor to our rotation and it's not just "oh good here's an aoe pack that we just spam one button for until they are dead". On a sustained aoe pack we can do a lot of damage, and our ramp up time is not that bad, it really just takes one FS+LL to get going then just spam FN and CL, not really bad imo.
    On a isolated scenario it not bad, but missing just one Lava Lash and you just screw everything, our AoE is not as bad as it was, but the punishment for mistakes is too great for the rewards for doing it right. IMO the should remove Lava Lash interaction with our AoE and just use Fire Nova to spread Flame Shocks, adjusting numbers as needed.

And we don't change our "rotation" that much for AoE, most of the time you just add Fire Nova for the rotation and use Chain Lightning instead of Lightning Bolt.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Would you rather just push 1 button for good aoe on 3+ mobs like a lot of casters have and what monks have?
    Yes, please!

At least our AoE isn't as clunky as a Ret Paly's. I personally really like how our AoE is set up, we can shift our rotation to focus on specific amount of mobs - use A for single target B for 2 mobs C for 3 mobs and D for 4+ mobs - it's really nice to have flavor to our rotation and it's not just "oh good here's an aoe pack that we just spam one button for until they are dead". On a sustained aoe pack we can do a lot of damage, and our ramp up time is not that bad, it really just takes one FS+LL to get going then just spam FN and CL, not really bad imo.
    Bear in mind, that I'm one of the few people who doesn't have much of a problem, with our AoE. Yes, it sucks on low-health mobs, but all that amounts to, is e-peen. When it comes to large packs of high-health mobs, I've been able to do strong AoE damage.

All of that being said, I really don't know what you're talking about, with us being able to shift our rotation, to focus on 2, 3, or 4+ mobs. Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    All of that being said, I really don't know what you're talking about, with us being able to shift our rotation, to focus on 2, 3, or 4+ mobs. Huh?
    It's really just simple changes, like as you get more mobs you start using your UE buff for FN instead of FS, using CL and FN. I mostly was just saying how for some classes it's simply "is there one mob? do X" "is there more than one mob? do Y" where our single target to aoe rotation has a little more to it.

So, the new enhancement guide on IcyVeins says that Echo is definitely worse than the other two choices for its talent tier...

...however I cannot find a single source that agrees on this. I rather like the playstyle of UF and EoTE, has it really been outdone by EM and PE that badly?

Quote Originally Posted by Dystopian View Post
    So, the new enhancement guide on IcyVeins says that Echo is definitely worse than the other two choices for its talent tier...

...however I cannot find a single source that agrees on this. I rather like the playstyle of UF and EoTE, has it really been outdone by EM and PE that badly?
    Ever since patch 5.2 EotE is really only good for AoE - not sustained single target dps. I was a big fan of EotE+UF because of the playstyle, so I just moved over to AS+UF and while I'm certainly not pushing bleeding edge dps like I could if I was using EM+PE, I'm putting out pretty decent numbers and not hurting my guild runs. EotE really just falls behind mostly because of how this tier favors haste so much with the RPPM trinkets and the legendary meta that it make EM and AS just so much better.

Update for this guide to 5.3 would be nice, if there are any major changes to be made.

10+ Year Old Account
    hi there, i would like to update my shaman in terms of gems, talents and would like to ask you all for help.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nette/advanced this is my shaman, its just an alt and enhancement is only offspec so i'm not really up to date with whats best or not.

also i would like to ask a question. today i got Gaze of Gara'jal which is a massive upgrade over my 483 set helmet. but since i guess the t14 2pc is too strong, i dont know if i can replace it that easily. the only way to not lose the 2pc would be using the 483 set shoulders i've got in my bags. but that would be a downgrade too as i'm wearing ilvl 503 shoulders already.

please pardon my bad english. i hope someone can help me improve my shaman