Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTitan View Post
    K, thanks Ember. And, in the case of 2 targets, will using my MW stacks on CL be better?
    Apologies, on the late reply.

If you're going for maximum dps/damage on recount, then CL is going to provide for more total damage, with multiple targets. But, if you're going for a burn, where adds are present (Primordius, for example), then it would be detrimental to use CL, as it would hit for less on the one add you really care about. The only time I'd recommend using CL on this type of example, would be if you needed to do some burst off-healing, with ancestral guidance. In that case, for the 10-second window that AG would be active, you'd want to use CL, since the greater damage = more healing. Then, once AG was done, you'd go back to LB.

Another example would be council. At the start of the fight, it's fairly common to have 3 of the 4 bosses in close proximity. I swap to CL on that, for e-peen meter padding. But, if I have to jump on an empowered boss, then I'm using LB, to get that one boss out of their empowered phase, more quickly.

On raid trash, however, CL to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    Apologies, on the late reply.

If you're going for maximum dps/damage on recount, then CL is going to provide for more total damage, with multiple targets. But, if you're going for a burn, where adds are present (Primordius, for example), then it would be detrimental to use CL, as it would hit for less on the one add you really care about. The only time I'd recommend using CL on this type of example, would be if you needed to do some burst off-healing, with ancestral guidance. In that case, for the 10-second window that AG would be active, you'd want to use CL, since the greater damage = more healing. Then, once AG was done, you'd go back to LB.

Another example would be council. At the start of the fight, it's fairly common to have 3 of the 4 bosses in close proximity. I swap to CL on that, for e-peen meter padding. But, if I have to jump on an empowered boss, then I'm using LB, to get that one boss out of their empowered phase, more quickly.

On raid trash, however, CL to your heart's content.
    just a quick addendum, Chain Lightning don't get buffed by the flame buff of Unleash Fury
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    just a quick addendum, Chain Lightning don't get buffed by the flame buff of Unleash Fury
    Right - if you take UF, as your tier 6 talent. With the UF talent, I'm not sure if LB or CL would do more damage, with only 2 mobs, especially after the 5.4 patch reverts UF to a 30% "buff" to LB.

So for enhance I have the LFR versions of

Talismon of Bloodlust
    Rune of Re-orgination
    Bad Juju

Which 2 should I use?

About opener: If in melee range, open with SS and regular priority, if not, open with UE > FS right?
    Sig by Listrata

Quote Originally Posted by Wooting View Post

Talismon of Bloodlust
    Rune of Re-orgination
    Bad Juju

Which 2 should I use?
    For a haste build I think that Talisman of Bloodlust and Bad Juju would be the best choice, but only with a sim to be sure.

About opener: If in melee range, open with SS and regular priority, if not, open with UE > FS right?
    I open with Unleash Elements, Searing Totem, Ascendence, then if I am in range Lava Lash, then Flame Shock, works for me, not sure is the right way.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Deleted
    How much of a DPS increase aprox. does the meta gem give us? (I'm at 500 ilvl) and to get to use the gem I need to get a 502 head (meaning i'd have to break my t14 4pc bonus), so i'm trying to figure out if it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooting View Post

Talismon of Bloodlust
    Rune of Re-orgination
    Bad Juju

Which 2 should I use?
    What Lav said. Rune is terrible, for us. Replace talisman with rentaki's as soon as you can.

- - - Updated - - -

In general (and if you're using EM/PE), then yes. If you take UF, then UE becomes your highest priority.

Thanks ember, and 1 more thing, the priority says:

7 FS Flame Shock if UF is up and FS is not
    8 LL Lava Lash with 5 Searing Flame stacks
    9 LB_T15_2 Lightning Bolt if you have 2-set T15 and MSW>4
    10 FS_UEF Flame Shock if the Unleash Flame buff is present
    If I take PE, #7 just becomes FS if it's not up correct?
    Sig by Listrata

#showtooltip
    /cast Capacitor Totem
    /cast Totemic Projection --with talent ofc
    useful on fights like Megaera to throw stunning totem

Thanks ember, and 1 more thing, the priority says:

If I take PE, #7 just becomes FS if it's not up correct?
    Flame shock still gets buffed by Unleash elements baseline, what talent you take doesn't change it.

Hey hey, how do you enhancers feel about reforging just a little off exp and hit caps?

Right now, askmrrobot puts me under exp cap by 0,06% and hit cap by 0,09%. As far as I know, it should still be better than getting over those caps, but does that require much more attention to the rotation perharps? Just wanted to know how others feel about it.

Also, ouch. These nerfs on LL and SS . Was our gear scaling and especially weapon scaling too high?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Hey hey, how do you enhancers feel about reforging just a little off exp and hit caps?

Right now, askmrrobot puts me under exp cap by 0,06% and hit cap by 0,09%. As far as I know, it should still be better than getting over those caps, but does that require much more attention to the rotation perharps? Just wanted to know how others feel about it.

Also, ouch. These nerfs on LL and SS . Was our gear scaling and especially weapon scaling too high?
    As of now, I wish I could get rid of hit and Exp, so much of it it's disgusting

However having the two capped are v.important, I'd advise staying at the caps at the very least, nothing more frustrating than a missed stormblast or stormstrike debuff at a key moment.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    As of now, I wish I could get rid of hit and Exp, so much of it it's disgusting

However having the two capped are v.important, I'd advise staying at the caps at the very least, nothing more frustrating than a missed stormblast or stormstrike debuff at a key moment.
    I keep seeing people talk about missing a spell in a "critical moment", have any example of those? I can't really think of a very important moment where the 3-4s of SS debuff would be catastrophic. I guess you could miss two in a row, but that's REALLY badlucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Hello everyone! I have some questions regarding spirit wolfs and elementals. In earlier expansions you had to have both of them out when poping BL, in order for them to get the buff aswell. Is it the same case now, or has it changed? When they have gotten BL, and then despawn, can they get a second BL buff next time I bring them out? Or does my cooldown share with them?

Also, since I'm some what of a noob at enhancement (first expansion playing it), anyone want to have a look at my geming? I have been reading the guide and some posts, and I get some what confused wheter to gem for haste or keep my agility gems. Taucar at EU-Moonglade (since I cant post any links).

P.S Sorry for my bad English

Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post

Just keep in mind that those numbers mean you'll miss an attack 0.09% of the time, and that a boss will dodge an attack 0.06% of the time, even if you're behind it. Both of those are less than a tenth of a percent. AMR is suggesting that, based on what it sims to be highest dps for your gear.

I've never had a problem being slightly under the cap. It would have mattered on a fight like heroic Halfus, where you positively, absolutely HAD to interrupt, but on normal or lower current content, you're not going to see a penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by drupps View Post
    Hello everyone! I have some questions regarding spirit wolfs and elementals. In earlier expansions you had to have both of them out when poping BL, in order for them to get the buff aswell. Is it the same case now, or has it changed? When they have gotten BL, and then despawn, can they get a second BL buff next time I bring them out? Or does my cooldown share with them?

Also, since I'm some what of a noob at enhancement (first expansion playing it), anyone want to have a look at my geming? I have been reading the guide and some posts, and I get some what confused wheter to gem for haste or keep my agility gems. Taucar at EU-Moonglade (since I cant post any links).

P.S Sorry for my bad English
    I'll let someone else address the gemming question, but as for the wolves and elementals, just keep in mind that they don't get your BL buff. You get the BL haste buff, and they, in turn, scale dynamically off of your stats. So, the bonus there is that the timing of popping them (before or after BL) doesn't matter - only that their duration coincides with you having BL. Same thing with the EM talent.

The only time they could (indirectly) benefit from a 2nd BL, during one boss encounter, is if you, yourself, lost the sated debuff. So, if you die, and are battle-ressed, or you ankh, or if it's a really long fight that goes past the 10 min sated debuff duration, then YOU can benefit from a second BL, and they, in turn, scale dynamically off of your increased stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I'll let someone else address the gemming question, but as for the wolves and elementals, just keep in mind that they don't get your BL buff. You get the BL haste buff, and they, in turn, scale dynamically off of your stats. So, the bonus there is that the timing of popping them (before or after BL) doesn't matter - only that their duration coincides with you having BL. Same thing with the EM talent.

I know this is the gospel...and I shouldn't question it......but are we 100% sure on this?

From my own anecdotal evidence, I know that I burst higher by hitting my "EM Macro" [EM/Synapse Springs/Berzerking] before I cast FET than if I hit the FET then hit the macro.

I've seen this many times....and my raid will usually then hear me yell "Shit I screwed up my burst again..."

Deleted
    Oh nevermind, I had it the other way around ^^
    Last edited by mmoc69cf4a717c; 2013-08-14 at 11:49 PM.

That's what we all know to be true...but just not what I see from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by zwaax View Post
    With the PE-talent your FET and EET will act as guardians, making them scale dynamically off of your stats, without the talent they will snapshot your stats when popped. I'm not sure about the Feral Spirit... but they probably snapshot your stats when popped.
    About as incorrect as you could possibly be.

They're pets with the talent / guardians without. Both scale dynamically. Feral Spirit scales dynamically, too.