Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Tired of this garbage community

I just cannot stand the PvP community anymore, and while I doubt it's much different in PvE, I'm considering to just quit.

I've been 2400 from season 9, to 11, and have achieved T2 in every season. It so happens in Season 11, it was Gladiator. It's not my fault I happened to get the title. Now the sheer amount of harassment I get is just really draining me from really wanting to keep up anymore.

People spread rumors about you, you get these dumbass whispers saying "you bought your title" and so on. But the true kicker is when people play with you, just to play like a scrub, and spam trade or guild chat about it. Naturally people believe these scumbags, because they're not the ones with the big title.

But it was never like this before I had this stupid Gladiator title.

Did you make a big deal about it in trade? Also your name reminds me of a mmo champ troll thread starter.

who cares what they think, I say screw them all.
    Games don't make people violent. Lag does. Release delay does. Dumb people do.
    Nostalgia is the enemy of rational thought.

Deleted
    yes i have the same thing. got hero of the ally and now every1 says thats not hard to get u can buy it blabla..:S

I thought sure this was going to be about League of Legends when I saw the title. Who cares if people actually think you're good. Play for fun. Trying to impress people in this game seems like a waste of time, especially when people will always favor the more interesting story. What's more interesting: you earned your title, or you bought it?

Fun side note, I knew a mage who bragged about being 2400+, when it was actually a little known secret that Vileroze played his account.

Quote Originally Posted by Saisen View Post
    who cares what they think, I say screw them all.
    It goes a long way with the rumors, as it prevents people from wanting to play with you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Did you make a big deal about it in trade? Also your name reminds me of a mmo champ troll thread starter.
    There's a reason for the second one.

The reason for the first is probably related, as well.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

I never start drama, and I happened to get the title with an unpleasant composition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I never start drama
    And yet you call the thread "Tired of this garbage community".....

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    And yet you call the thread "Tired of this garbage community".....
    I see what you did there. We should update this with a poll!

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't talk with randoms. Simply don't. Usage of the public channels for anything but business is bad.

There are many people that hate on me for being who i am, but there are even more people liking me for that.
    If i would have to give a shit about every single hater out there i might just aswell sell my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Don't talk with randoms. Simply don't. Usage of the public channels for anything but business is bad.

There are many people that hate on me for being who i am, but there are even more people liking me for that.
    If i would have to give a shit about every single hater out there i might just aswell sell my account.
    Are you good or famous? If so, please elaborate so we can discuss.

The "community" is the same pretty much everywhere on the internet, if it helps you feel any better. And I can only see it getting worse.

Best to just ignore the haters, because they're bound to exist. It's the sad part of success, even in real life; there will always be someone who will try to destroy you out of sheer jealousy. And internet amplifies it... anonymity makes for an effective catalyst for D-baggery.

I don't see a single reason to spare a single second worrying about what some randoms, to whom you don't owe anything, say about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you good or famous? If so, please elaborate so we can discuss.
    I'm made about 16000 posts on the EU battlenet forums solely within the Rated Arena and Rogue section. Many people know me and i've played at 2500MMR/against and with R1 players. But my armory doesn't reach further than 2200 played, that leads people to attempt trolling aswell as boosting accusions and all the stuff around it.

However, most people on the forums respected me for the fact that i mostly posted to help others with proper advice on PvP related matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I'm made about 16000 posts on the EU battlenet forums solely within the Rated Arena and Rogue section. Many people know me and i've played at 2500MMR/against and with R1 players. But my armory doesn't reach further than 2200 played, that leads people to attempt trolling aswell as boosting accusions and all the stuff around it.

However, most people on the forums respected me for the fact that i mostly posted to help others with proper advice on PvP related matters.
    See, you're a good guy, and a far superior player than me. I've done some really stupid shit in the past, and haven't done a fraction of the kindess you help others with.

I know you're trying to help, but you don't understand the magnitude of harassment I get, and I'm very sensitive, so it's even worse.

Thank you though.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the good players I know are respected and everyone looks up to them...

You must piss a lot of people off. :L

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i got really mad when blizzard nerfed the existance of PvP honor weapons for the sake of PvE without ever doing that favor for the sake of PvP with PvE weapons.

Basically it comes down that i got permabanned over my not so subtle choice of words (mind you, that was really the only one time i did that, because i was and still am furious about that) But knowing Nakatoir, he was kind enough to "Ignore" my thread and let it be. I got banned by another mod. And even though Nakatoir could get me out (Once again, got a perm ban over something retarded before not worth talking about) i don't think i want to bother simply because i'm too angry with blizzard.

If you have a bad rep, there is no escaping it, is there?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a bad rep, there is no escaping it, is there?
    If you want to start over, change your name and server.

Don't blow it twice though.

Deleted
    From experience you get a lot of knobheads in the PvP community, but at the end of the day as long as you know you yourself are a good person then none of it really matters.