New Keyboard help/advice

Hi all, I'm in need of some help/advice. I'm looking to replace my current gaming keyboard (Razer Tarantula) due to wear/tear and (mostly rofl) wanting a full backlit board... But I'm totally at a loss as to what to replace it with. It seems like there isn't anything that really meets what I need/want besides a 250 keyboard... soooo I'm coming here to hopefully find something that will work.

Here is the list of must haves for the keyboard:

Fully Backlit (color doesn't matter, though + if it's customizable color)
    At least 1 row of Macro Keys (5 minimum)

and most importantly that is what is throwing this whole search to here...

SOLID wrist rest integrated into keyboard itself

It's really that last bit that is the hardest part it seems... For example the Logitech G110 would be perfect, but the wrist rest seems to be just cheap plastic that you snap on. Due to the setup I have (and certain comfort issues) it's really got to be a solid piece at the least, and if it was integrated into the keyboard like on the Tarantula that would be best. I know you can get ones that go up next to your keyboard online, but I need it to physically connect to it due to the setup I have. It can't just snug up or the keyboard sit on top of it (like a Vespula Mousepad).

So if anyone know of any keyboards (or any rests that physically join to the keyboard) I'd appreciate it. So far the only thing I've found that seems to hit all the buttons in the Razer Deathstalker Ultimate (WHY can't the normal have macro keys!?!) but even though I could afford it 250 for a keyboard seems so much... and thats BEFORE any debate about Mechanical vs Chiclet keys!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=corsair%20k90

Although I've heard issues regarding the keyboard from some forum gurus who use it, I'd still recommend it.

If you really don't need a backlit keyboard then I'd suggest the Mega G Unit
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

K90 without question. Don't take my word for it. Read some of the professional reviews on it, or watch Linus love all over it on Youtube.

edit: Although, actually you CAN take my word for it because I own it. It is one of my favorite investments, aside from water cooling, that I have made for my computer.

Edit: Actually, nvm. I'm going to pass on the k90. The backlighting from video reviews is HORRIBLE. I'm sorry but even if it was a god keyboard that would give me an instant "Win" button that killed everything around me... for 100+ bucks I expect much better backlighting that doesn't bleed all over the place.

Plus I don't think the wrist rest will work even with its screwing in. It really needs to be integrated into the keyboard (aka 1 piece) to work. Again think the Deathstalker or Tarantula, but not 250 bucks
    Last edited by Tomec; 2012-10-15 at 08:26 PM.

The G110 wrist-rest, for what it's worth, feels a whole lot better than it looks.
    I prefer separate soft wrist rests though.

Having tried a k90 for a couple of weeks (bought one for gf) I am completely sold. Hands down best keyboard I ever played on. Going to a g15 feels cheap now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tomec View Post
    Edit: Actually, nvm. I'm going to pass on the k90. The backlighting from video reviews is HORRIBLE... for 100+ bucks I expect much better backlighting that doesn't bleed all over the place.
    The backlighting bleed is because the keys aren't in recessed cavities. They're just designed to hover over a flat baseplate; it isn't a lack of quality.

The wrist rest is an interesting requirement. I'm not sure if I know of anything quite as chunky as your Tarantula, but you might consider looking at a Microsoft Sidewinder. I don't really like to recommend pricey non-mechanical keyboards, but that's definitely one of the better ones out there (and it's not overly expensive either). It's a one-piece unit with something of a palm rest to it with backlighting and some macro keys. Aside from that, I'm not sure I even have an alternate suggestion. Seems like today's market definitely prefers the stripped-down and compact design, so hopefully this'll do it for you.

I'm also curious: What necessitates a onepiece board like this? Are you playing from a gaming chair or something?

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    The backlighting bleed is because the keys aren't in recessed cavities. They're just designed to hover over a flat baseplate; it isn't a lack of quality.
    Ok, that makes more sense... but it still doesn't change the fact if I don't like it and I'm going to be spending 100+ bucks on it...

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I'm also curious: What necessitates a onepiece board like this? Are you playing from a gaming chair or something?
    Yes and no... 90% of the time I'm playing in a Laz-e-boy on my TV rofl. Though I'm not 100% sure if I'd say it "requires" it anymore as I can learn to type without it again, I mean I have used a "short" keyboard before and maybe if I find a 3rd party nice and secure wrist rest for comfy on lap... Which I'm sure will help with the health of typing on a keyboard so much!

I'm just not too sure if I could live with the backlight thing as it seems like it'd just wash out your vision which defeats the purpose of backlighting imo. Though I do kind of like the snap/screw of the wrist rest.