Deleted

Disc or shadow for pvp?

As the title says, im looking at getting into a bit of pvp - which would be a better choice to learn to pvp on atm?
    Ive only healed pvp before on my hpala, so I'd be learning either spec at pvp (can play both pve).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget Holy! Do you want to heal things or kill things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow. It has some solid burst healing output if you need it and it does some heavy dps once you learn how to play. Right now disc is in the toilet, especially for PvP, with the recent changes. You can get away with doing PvP as holy but you'll need to do more work to be on par with what disc should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceda View Post
    Shadow. Right now disc is in the toilet for PvP,
    Pretty much this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Don't forget Holy! Do you want to heal things or kill things?
    I heal as holy in pve, but I thought it wasnt viable for pvp :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aceda View Post
    Shadow. It has some solid burst healing output if you need it and it does some heavy dps once you learn how to play. Right now disc is in the toilet, especially for PvP, with the recent changes. You can get away with doing PvP as holy but you'll need to do more work to be on par with what disc should be.
    Ah thanks, I'll probably go shadow then

I played Disc all Cata, and was going to tough it out, but after some arena and just getting right f'd up and typically dead in under 30 seconds, I've jumped onto the shadow bandwagon. You will survive WAY longer as shadow then as Disc... how f'd up is that?

And shadow can do some pretty mad off heals. Have brought teammates from ~15% health to full in 2 flash heals. Sick. Totally broken right now.

And for BG's I have been messing around with Holy. A bit of a glass cannon healer. Can't see it viable outside of random-bg's but it's fun in an uncoordinated environment. Can put up some massive numbers, and be competitive with resto druids and holy paladins on the scoreboard.

shadow seems to be legit, it's really fun to play as well
    It's not the great who are strong...
    It's the strong who are great...

Deleted
    Shadow is pretty much godmode right now in 3s and disc is almost unplayable.
    get a good mage and a restro druid and you got the strongest and most solid comb of the expansion.bm combs, especially bm warri pally are better right now because they have insane burst because blizzard screwed up with the numbers againe, but it'll get nerfed and then there is no other comb as good as shadow mage druid. the comb has tons of cc, heavy burst, okay substained damage, and can survive almost anything with the shadow offhealing, voidshifting etc.