Thread: Science!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I used to like science, then I got some strange chemical called sodium chloride in my eye during a chemistry class, the burning lasted for hours. I have eschewed the discipline in general since that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    I used to like science, then I got some strange chemical called sodium chloride in my eye during a chemistry class, the burning lasted for hours. I have eschewed the discipline in general since that day.
    That damn table salt always messing stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Bill Nye got me into it at a young age. Who else enjoyed watching that show?
    Bill Nye is srsly awsum, loved that show. Always good to have something like science presented to kids in a way that isn't belittling and actually teaches them something.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Social Science.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I like Social Science.
    Unpure!

15+ Year Old Account
    Astrophysics and physics for me, hoping to get a Masters in Astrophysics before i "grow up"
    When i was a kid it was all dinosaurs and shit ^^
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Unpure!
    [XKCD picture]
    Yes, let's start this debate! sarcasm
    Scientists should stick together and only give friendly jabs. Like how Physics can't stop people from feeling depressed. Ha!
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I've studied a whole bunch of both philosophy and history of science, so I have more than a passing familiarity with science and scientists.
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is my current life and my future.

Currently studying for a PharmD, so mix of physiology and biochemistry with a focus on drug interactions and pharmacokinetics/dynamics. Depending on this coming election and the next few years for whether or not I'll be staying in the US, might also go on to specialize in psychiatric medicine.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Was probably far past the 0.6-2.0% isotonicity that is most appealing for the human eye
    Last edited by Kasierith; 2012-10-15 at 04:25 PM.

Deleted
    Finished my BSc Human and Medical Science. I can't stand chemistry though so parts of the course were a nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
    I'm currently doing my Bachelor of Science at the University of Melbourne (Australia)...[/I]

I'm curious what a "Bachelor's of Science" actually refers to. Science is....well, it's pretty darn broad. What specifically are you studying?

10+ Year Old Account
    We used to have a rhyme in Chem 101

Little Johnny took a drink, and then he was no more
    For what he thought was H2O, was H2SO4
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    science is full of win! i did physics to A level, and a lot of my uni degree consisted of units covering physics and chemestry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    We used to have a rhyme in Chem 101

Little Johnny took a drink, and then he was no more
    For what he thought was H2O, was H2SO4
    Haha that's great.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Haha that's great.
    Almost as good as scaring people with the dihydrogen monoxide thing.

Or trying to explain to a moron why Kryptonite is a chemical impossibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    I'm curious what a "Bachelor's of Science" actually refers to. Science is....well, it's pretty darn broad. What specifically are you studying?
    Bachelor of Science (in Belgium) refers to any academic bachelor,which means it was earned at University-level. The naming is used for any higher education that trains you to be a scientist, as opposed to higher education that prefers you for a specific job.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

I have a BS in computer science and a PhD in physics. I'm more of a "research lab" type than a "professor" type, but I'm still at the early stages of my career. I'm actually interviewing for a new position right now, wish me luck!

I love how geeky and cool science is, and it's so much better when you're actually DOING it. I've had a ton of great "Science, bitches!" moments.

An interesting side effect is the kooky questions you get from the general population about the supernatural. o.O

Science is cool, but I'm not passionate about it.

I'm working towards a Bachelor of Science degree in Physics with a specialization in Astrophysics, as well as a minor in mathematics. After that I plan to teach for a few years and decide if I want to go back to work on a PHD.

There was a chemistry teacher at my high school who did just that. He taught for a number of years before going back for his PHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Deleted
    I like political science, even have a degree in it, but also psychology and to a certain degree sociology since they both have a connection to my field of study.