Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Preparation for Storm Legion

Thought I would make a thread detailing some of the stuff you should be stockpiling for the expansion. Maybe this is based on beta testing, maybe it's just common sense, NDA's might prohibit me from being more specific so take this with a pinch of salt

1) Platinum - real no brainer
    2) Planarite - still the basic planar currency
    3) Inscribed Sourcestone - Unlikely to be the epic currency of choice in SL, but you can convert it to Planarite so stockpile it
    4) Favor - if you're into PvP anyway
    5) Master Craftsman Marks - some rumours they're used to buy SL recipes, take with a pinch of salt.
    6) Artisans Marks - same as above.
    7) Lucky Coins - same as above, but for items not recipes. Again, pinch of salt.

Crafting materials are likely to be useless, replaced with a new tier. Getting good gear is only a method of leveling faster or seeing current content.

Can't think of anything else, let me know if you guys can divulge anything without breaking the NDA or if I have inadvertently broken it

10+ Year Old Account
    Crafting marks and Lucky coins have some use that may change beyond Beta. Hang on to them for now.

I'd also suggest leveling as many alts as possible now, while everyone is returning and prepping for the expansion. The minute your characters hit 50, they'll have access to all of the PA your main has. With new talents, souls and options, you might find yourself preferring a different class or playstyle when SL hits.

I agree with the ult idea. With so many changes, it will be a blast seeing them all. I am saving till 1.11 drops to continue leveling however, as the idea of really play testing while leveling upwill be pretty sweet.

I would say ultimately, Plat, planarite and ISS would probably be your best bet. Just stock up on those three.

Deleted
    Stocked up plenty of lucky coins for the new items in Storm Legion as well, also filling the freezer slowly with food O_O

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I've like never used my Master Craftsman marks. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    The video on gamesspot says crafters will be in line for making dimension items not sure when they plan to let us or what level the goods will start at, also levelling proofs means I will be stocking some crafting mats

For warriors keep a mage alt in the wings. It seems like we are in for a bumpy ride with class buffs and nerfs on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    For warriors keep a mage alt in the wings. It seems like we are in for a bumpy ride with class buffs and nerfs on the way.
    That's cool, I'll actually have my warrior alt in the wings with my cleric main, because I think the warrior changes look pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    That's cool, I'll actually have my warrior alt in the wings with my cleric main, because I think the warrior changes look pretty awesome.
    For Clerics be sure to have a crap ton of mana pots. Seems like some stuff went live that will increase Mage and Clerics anger level. Word on the forum grapevine lol

For Clerics be sure to have a crap ton of mana pots. Seems like some stuff went live that will increase Mage and Clerics anger level. Word on the forum grapevine lol
    Well, unless they pulled the ability that regens mana from clerics, I think I'll be alright for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    7) Lucky Coins - same as above, but for items not recipes. Again, pinch of salt.
    Considering they're used to buy cosmetic items only (pets, costume gear, mounts, etc.), I think we can safely assume that Lucky Coins will remain the same currency yielding the same types of rewards.

---------- Post added 2012-10-17 at 01:02 PM ----------

Well, unless they pulled the ability that regens mana from clerics, I think I'll be alright for now.
    If you're talking about Aggressive Renewal, you have to spend 44 points in the Inq tree before receiving it, as opposed to speccing into it pre patch.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    If you're talking about Aggressive Renewal, you have to spend 44 points in the Inq tree before receiving it, as opposed to speccing into it pre patch.
    No, there was another ability. Not sure if it's being included with 1.11 or part of SL so if anyone knows for certain I'll let them talk about it.

No, there was another ability. Not sure if it's being included with 1.11 or part of SL so if anyone knows for certain I'll let them talk about it.
    There's Righteous Deliberation. 10s channeled cast that rejuvs 5% mana per second. That's also an Inq ability for spending 24 points in the tree. Again, not sure if that's what you're talking about, but it's the only mana regen my Cleric has.

As for Pure's assessment of mana, I went 3 minutes on the test dummy before I even got a whiff of the 50% mark in my mana pool.

So that's people reading one change, not associating it with the other changes, and freaking out over nothing before testing it in game. People just like you.....

Sometimes, a change is made, like an increase in energy or mana cost, because they changed how much mana you receive from stats and how fast that mana regenerates. The end result is about the same as before, you are just spending more mana because you have more an regain it faster. If you only look at the fact that you are spending more, of course you will freak out.

There's Righteous Deliberation. 10s channeled cast that rejuvs 5% mana per second. That's also an Inq ability for spending 24 points in the tree. Again, not sure if that's what you're talking about, but it's the only mana regen my Cleric has.

As for Pure's assessment of mana, I went 3 minutes on the test dummy before I even got a whiff of the 50% mark in my mana pool.
    Yeah, Righteous Deliberation is the one (I only know it from the description). Seemed like all caster cleric specs had access to it, and it seems like a very powerful tool for regenning mana whenever, especially given that it has no cooldown so you can get a few ticks every here and there without worry.

Wasn't sure if Pures assessment of mana was on the money or not, but I know about Righteous Deliberation and that seemed to almost entirely negate the need for mana potions outside of a few very prolonged, chaotic situations.

Yeah, Righteous Deliberation is the one (I only know it from the description). Seemed like all caster cleric specs had access to it, and it seems like a very powerful tool for regenning mana whenever, especially given that it has no cooldown so you can get a few ticks every here and there without worry.

Wasn't sure if Pures assessment of mana was on the money or not, but I know about Righteous Deliberation and that seemed to almost entirely negate the need for mana potions outside of a few very prolonged, chaotic situations.
    Even Druids and Shamans have a form of Righteous Deliberation, so it isn't just casters. But, yeah, even if you have 2 or 3 seconds of downtime, you'll be able to regen mana. But, like I said, my Inq could have gone 6+ minutes before needing to use any form of mana regen.

Even Druids and Shamans have a form of Righteous Deliberation, so it isn't just casters. But, yeah, even if you have 2 or 3 seconds of downtime, you'll be able to regen mana. But, like I said, my Inq could have gone 6+ minutes before needing to use any form of mana regen.
    Yeah, I'm not too worried about it given the tools we have available for mana regen. We'll see how it plays out though, we don't have feedback about how it works at 60, so that's all up in the air at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering they're used to buy cosmetic items only (pets, costume gear, mounts, etc.), I think we can safely assume that Lucky Coins will remain the same currency yielding the same types of rewards.
    They buy something else in SL as well btw I checked it on beta but saying what exactly breaks the NDA I would guess.