Price Arc of Darmoon Faire Cards - down now up later?

I'm wondering if, what with the Faire over and the ink trader allowing trades for Starlight inks, if now is the best time to buy cards and put together a deck. I'm thinking that soon all the starlight ink that has been ink traded will be gone, and by then the Faire will be close to here again, and that now is a good time to buy cards. I'm wondering what others think. I have zero problems personally waiting until the Faire is here again to have my deck.

I'd say buy now, and hoard whatever cards you're still producing. Make complete decks and either sell the deck on the weekend of the Faire or trade in and sell the trinket later during the downtime.

That said you are never going to see prices like this past weekend again. If you weren't selling cards/decks this past weekend you missed the boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    If you don't have any scribes and are asking purely from a buyers standpoint then I'd say now is the time to buy. Cards cost to make about 10x what a stack of herbs cost; I'd use that and add about 1k to determine whether I buy or not. The demand and prices will go up in the week before and of the next DMF, so don't wait until then. Also, don't wait and end up working yourself into a corner by attempting to build a deck yourself just to get stuck paying 20k for your last card on the last day of the fair.

I'm thinking along two lines. My main needs a deck. And I also have some capital to invest and I've seen some cards as low as 2k. So I'm willing to speculate on cards/decks. In addition I have a scribe making a card every day, and I'm wondering whether to sit on those cards or sell them now. I have like 80k. I have a number of alts so I was thinking the worst thing that happens is I end up holding on to trinkets for alts that they may have for the whole xpac. I just don't want to get stuck buying cards now that will drop even more later, but I doubt that will happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, how long are you guys going to be holding onto your completed decks? I have a Trinket made of every type except the Str Tiger Deck made that I would like to sell for max profit, but check the AH prices every day, they seem to be dwindling slowly.

Starlight Ink down to 115g on my server right now. Prices are dropping fast and holding cards you can't turn in for a month as ink prices tank is real risky.

Completed decks will be worth more than decks since nobody wants to wait a month. But even completed trinkets are going to feel the pinch as ink and card prices drop.

on my server herbs/ink is down, cards and trinkets stayed the same since you can still only make 1 card a day. its always been : when darkmoon faire is in town, card prices go UP, trinkets go DOWN. when darkmoon faire is NOT in town, card prices go DOWN, trinkets go UP.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

There is something else that you need to factor in that's never been a factor before: LFR. As people gear up for the next month, they will get into LFR and get LFR trinkets. If a player has two LFR trinkets, while a Darkmoon trinket might be an upgrade, it's going to be much more difficult for them to justify spending the gold to buy it when they've already got two perfectly good trinkets already. There's never been an LFR at the start of an expansio giving out freebie epic trinkets before, and that will definitely be a factor into how desperate people are to spend 5 digit gold on a trinket.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    There is something else that you need to factor in that's never been a factor before: LFR. As people gear up for the next month, they will get into LFR and get LFR trinkets. If a player has two LFR trinkets, while a Darkmoon trinket might be an upgrade, it's going to be much more difficult for them to justify spending the gold to buy it when they've already got two perfectly good trinkets already. There's never been an LFR at the start of an expansio giving out freebie epic trinkets before, and that will definitely be a factor into how desperate people are to spend 5 digit gold on a trinket.
    This is true. However, keep in mind that trinkets are very, very limited in Mogushan Vaults. In fact they only drop off the final 2 bosses, which are only coming out this week in LFR. Furthermore the chances of you winning a trinket from LFR is very, VERY low. People will be willing to pay to get that 476 trinket that won't drop, especially since certain ones are considered BIS for most classes until heroic HoF, in particular the Relic of Xuen for classes that value main stats over secondaries (hunters).

Also, the Jade X Figurines have been confirmed by Blue to not drop from the trash before Elegon in LFR as they do in reg/heroic, even though the items exist.

Quote Originally Posted by zirgalan View Post
    I've completed my deck today, finally

May be a stupid a question but I never before crafted a darkmoon trinket;

The darkmoon faire ended last friday, Do I really need the faire up to be able to get my trinket??
    You'll have to wait until the next DMF comes around.

DM Cards are a little different this round seeing as Scrolls are soul bound, but assuming each scribe does his or her dailies they'll have 30 by the next DMF. If you're a scribe, make the cards before DMF rolls around, herbs will be cheaper. If you're trying to make a deck, I would just watch the market. Cards tend to go down in price when the DMF isn't around.
    Last edited by Yisile; 2012-10-16 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zirgalan View Post
    I've completed my deck today, finally

May be a stupid a question but I never before crafted a darkmoon trinket;

The darkmoon faire ended last friday, Do I really need the faire up to be able to get my trinket??
    yup you have to either find someone that has the trinket and trade them the deck for it, plus extra gold, or wait the month til the faire comes back around
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Yep, unfortunately so.

I hope to have a deck or two by the next one, trade in for rep + sell trinkets.

What are the DMF trinkets actually going for? I've been trying to sell some the last few days, even going below average by a bit and not getting much interest. Are there just too many LFR trinkets out there?