Gara'jal Heroic and Prot Warriors

My guild is currently progressing on Gara'jal 10 heroic and out prot warrior seems to be taking quite a bit or dmg compared to me (blood dk). Unfortunately our progression logs are private and would be slightly inaccurate due to phasing anyway. Here's the rest of our comp.

Available DPS
    - Frost DK
    - Ret Pally
    - Lock
    - Fire Mage
    - Shadow Priest (can flex to disc)
    - Feral druid (can flex resto)
    - Hunter

Primary Heals
    - Holy Pally
    - Resto Shman

We've hit enrage several times, but only while 3 healing and when we tried 2 healing the damage got a little nuts, especially when both heals couldn't go down to the spirit realm and couldn't regen efficiently.

I'm wondering for any prot warriors who've either cleared or made some good progress on this fight how you are balancing good tank dmg (which is kind of necessary for this fight) and mitigation of dmg going out on voodoo dolls.

I understand there are several different ways to glyph / reforge / prioritize abilities for warriors and that there is no cookie cutter spec / rotation when it comes to the current progression. I'm wondering if anyone can share their experiences and how they've been able to be most effective as prot on this fight for heroic and what they tend to prioritize here including reforges, glyphs, spec, and rotation. Thanks!
    Last edited by burbon; 2012-10-15 at 05:57 PM.

One thing I did was make sure I had the Safeguard Talent and as soon as I came out of the spirit realm from a banish I would Safeguard the current tank to reduce the damage on 3 people in the raid since he is linked with 2 others. Make sure you get a shattering throw off within the first 15-20 seconds of the fight so you can do another during BL.

Healer communication is ESSENTIAL on this. Also, watch the timers for when a new vodoo doll is going out so that healers are not trying to go into the spirit realm and then bam, they are dolled.

^ Safeguard is great for helping the current fixated tank, but you should also remember to use a 60 rage barrier before safeguarding. Also, while your warrior is MTing, I found that focusing almost exclusively on barriers helps voodoo damage (if he's got good rage generation, i.e. decent hit/expertise) as the voodoo damage going to the other players in the raid is AFTER absorbs (meaning, if the boss hits for 100k on the tank, 70k would normally go to each of the dolls. However, lets say the tank barriered 60k of the damage, 70% of the remaining 40k, or 28k would go to the dolls. (28k vs. 70k) * 2? Yeah no brainer there)

Deleted
    That said, the most lethal bit is the shadow attack which cant be absorbed however it can be blocked
    Blood DK's are currently in the strongest position MT wise, especially for a fight like Gara'jal but I would say the difference is probably more pronounced in 10 man than 25
    The damage intake seems pretty fine provided you get a good uptime on shield block, which is why for this fight I have gone into an expertise and hit cap reforge

Can anyone confirm whether or not mass spell reflect has any effect on this fight?

Shield Block is king on Garajal, compared to Shield Barrier, like Eddy said the damage is blockable but not absorbable (at least not his specials). I chained CDs on myself along with externals. If you start tanking as a warrior, don't use Shield Wall until the dolls are up on people, it's a massive waste. After Shield Wall was over I used Demoralizing Shout + Demoralizing Banner and when those were out I would get Ironbark from our Resto Druid followed by Sacrifices from our Paladins (Holy + Prot).

If you can have a Resto Druid with 4piece pvp set it's really nice with 90s shorter cd on Ironbark, the key is to be able to chain cds on yourself when you're tanking as well as using your own utility cds for your tanking partner (Safeguard and Banner). If you're able to almost always keep a CD on the tank, it shouldn't be too hard it's a massive DPS race though.

We used a Holy Pally and Resto Druid healing and a Disc healing with Smite (Attonement). The Shields and Pain Suppressions from the Disc Priest obv. helped as well.

Another thing to note is that your tank with dolls will also take damage from the people that has dolls on them, so they can use personals to reduce the damage on the tank as well.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head, good luck with the kill!
    Probably the biggest thing that rppm trinkets include is the feelings of rage and joy of an unstable bi-polar person when your dps sways back and forth faster than a pregnant woman's emotions.

armory - retired