Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So any chance Guo -lai halls will ever be fixed?

Ive been into revered with Golden Lotus faction since last Tuesday and was given a quest line to find things from the 'Thunder King' such as a spear and a helm. The helm is in Guo lai halls but the quest has been bugged almost a week now.. at least in US stormrage. I can see the helm but cannot interact with it. The Mogu statues in the hall seem to be standing around (but moving)in phase.. meaning you cant target them but theyre there. I have had several daily quests in there where I had to kill the quillen dog guy, and some big spider ( a no show).. also bugged since last week. Just hoping this can be resolved so I can finish the quest line and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've submitted multiple bug reports on the issue. it not only affects the quest you mentioned, but any daily quests which require you to kill specific mobs in the halls, as they end up phased as well.

i don't think that there is much you can do except wait until it's fixed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Must have been a recent bug, I had no issues completing any of the quests in the vale except for the stones of power one the first week.

Deleted
    The quests seem to work on some realms, such as Dentarg EU I hear. That goes for the Thunder King one atleast, the Wulon (I think that's the Stone Dog's name) one is just all round buggy.
    I dunno how exactly the "Thunder King" quest works on some realms and not others.. It's just what I hear.

Weird. I have completed this quest just recently and had no issues with it?Are you sure it's been a week, cus I'm pretty sure it was fine a week ago O.o

I completed the quest myself a week or so ago with no problem, but a guild mate who finished more recently is having the same issue.

Though if you have a willing guild mate (or even a friendly quester in the area) you can at least get credit for the quests in there by grouping up with them while they do the killing. It's what I've been doing for my stuck guildie.

I submitted a ticket about the helmet and they told me they were given permission to give out the quest item in the mail. I got it in the mail and completed it.

Someone was telling me that people are intentionally breaking the Battle-Helm quest by interacting with the helm object but not looting it, causing it to be bugged for everyone until realm restarts, etc. No idea if that's true or not but it could be the case.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

15+ Year Old Account
    It was bugged for the first few days for me, but I tried it on Friday and it worked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Someone was telling me that people are intentionally breaking the Battle-Helm quest by interacting with the helm object but not looting it, causing it to be bugged for everyone until realm restarts, etc. No idea if that's true or not but it could be the case.
    Yeah right... just another myth...

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    It was bugged for the first few days for me, but I tried it on Friday and it worked.
    Still bugged on very much every realm according to wowhead... and the last "fix" - fixed every known "solution" to do the quest, so
    the only way to do it atm is to make a ticket and get an auto reply with quest item...
    ANother step of FAILDARIA...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    it bugs on some servers only - i solved the problem getting xrealm-invite and finished it off. try to seek from forums some help (dont ask me cause its bugged on stormreaver EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I submitted a ticket about the helmet and they told me they were given permission to give out the quest item in the mail. I got it in the mail and completed it.
    Could you please give the details about your ticket please? Like what did you say? Because 3 gms in a row are saying "Use submit bug form" and "better luck next time".

Deleted
    GUYS TRY THIS- i also had this problem and i figured out what i did wrong. Upstairs in the hall of tiles is an npc that you need to talk to (very easily missed) in the Hall of Tiles. He then runs downstairs with you and activates the mob and makes the helm lootable.

Some of you will have genuine bugs with this quest but for the most part i am guessing people have simply missed talking to the guy upstairs.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post

It was bugged on my realm the first day I could do it, which was probably the 2nd day anyone could if they hit 90 before the 2nd day. Submitted a bug report and the next day it worked. I received a msg in my mail today that siad something was recovered from the "twisting nether" but there was nothing in it and I dont remember not getting loot so maybe that was it. I didnt get the item b/c I had already completed the quest.

I found that if i have the helm quest is phases the halls. Just dropped it and did my normal dailies. Went back in later with it and it worked fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I bet a lot of you aren't talking to the NPC to start the whole event. There's an NPC right in the door of the area leading to the helm. It activates an event and you have to fight a 90 elite and 2 other mobs in order to loot the helm.

Yes problem seems to be if you "lose" the NPC on the way to the helm.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    ANother step of FAILDARIA...
    A bugged quest is such a critical problem that the entire expansion pack is almost a failure? .... Nice one!

I put in a ticket and got the quest item in the mail. I think its the fastest way to complete it atm

Quote Originally Posted by tehTyrant View Post
    Yeah I bet a lot of you aren't talking to the NPC to start the whole event. There's an NPC right in the door of the area leading to the helm. It activates an event and you have to fight a 90 elite and 2 other mobs in order to loot the helm.
    I talked to the NPC... 3 times... he just disappears when he gets close to the helm and you never get to fight anything.

Btw is this the quest that gives you the epic ring?