Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Your working tactics for Gara'jal (10m Normal) ?

Considering we had about 50 wipes on this dude now, trying to 2 heal it but just can't make the enrage timer I'm going to come ask what -your- working tactics are for this bossfight.

We tried to do all sorts of different rotations for the spirit totem, but it's always such a close enrage... 8% etc.

Replace your bad dps with good dps.

After wiping during the same %ish as you, we changed from 3 healers and 2 "main" tanks to 2 healers and 1.5tanks.

We used:
    2 healers (druid+shaman)
    1.5 Tank (warrior+deathknight(DK in DPS gear, going first so the warrior tanked enragephase))
    2 Shadowpriests
    2 Elemental shamans
    1 Mage
    1 Warlock

Our rotation was roughly: Eleshammy+Shadowpriest+Druidhealer in first, then Mage+Warlock+Restoshammy.
    Remaining two DPS was fillers for Voodoo doll pretty much.

Doing this we cut down to 5:22 fight time, down from 6:01 and enragewipes at 8-15% regular.

Bloodlust at start gave us 10-15% easy. Having everyone out with all cooldowns procced is a lot more dps than in frenzy phase where people might also be inside still, already have increased haste from coming out and taking interrupts from the adds spamming shadowbolts.

Other than that, maximize dps is really all that you can do. IF your healers have an easy time, tell them to stay in longer spamming the DPS, this will increase the buff they get (we usually have the buff on 18-23%).

Hello, we've struggled quite a bit with the fight once in a time. Also using 2 healers didn't do it.
    Instead we came back to our original 2 tank 3 healer 5 dps setup. Basicly what we do is that PRE POTION!->start fight->Hero cooldowns usage and burst.

When first totem phase comes. We send 1 top dps in, with one average. The healer use quick heals on the top dps and he'll jump back into normal realm right away. This is because in the start you really dont need to deal so much with the adds. But the extra ~25 sec the top dps with buff from spirit realm will be critical. In-fact. Try push it even harder by doing the same thing with 2nd spirit totem. Send another high dps with another average dpser. Heal the high dpser up and he'll go out nuke the boss.
    * NOTE!!: DO NOT SEND IN PPLS WHO JUST'VE BEEN INTO SPIRIT REALM!!!!! * Only do that if vodoo dolls fucks up.

Oh just a heads up. keep a track on "Banishment" tracker. When its cast vodoo dolls will be reapplied on new ppls. If some are called for spirit realm and gets a vodoo doll it'll end up in downtime changing ppls ;-) Good luck, you'll make it!!

EDIT: Perhaps i wrote kinda messy, sorry for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomed View Post
    Replace your bad dps with good dps.
    +1

This is first gear/skill check boss in MV. If you can't kill it, you don't have any chances on e.g. Elegon. Gear up or find better dps. My group is not super one (just killed Elegon after 50 wipes and we are Group 2 in my guild), but we kill it in 2nd or 3rd try first week and one-shot in second week.

If u can't beat enrage timer with 6 and a half dps you need to get better gear. Or replace bad dps. And 8% isn't close...
    Last edited by dzidek; 2012-10-16 at 11:25 AM.

2 Healers (Monk / Paladin)
    Warrior and Monk Tanks
    Mage, Warlock, Rogue, Hunter, Shadow Priest and Ele Shaman DPS.

Pre Form 2 Groups to go inside (2Dps, 1 Healer in each), have a vocal and aware raid leader to call if they need to be replaced due to the Debuff (Voodoo Doll is it called?)
    Pretty much follow the tacts of putting people inside when they should be, save Time-Warp until just before he hits the Frenzy Phase (He hits Frenzy at 20% so we popped at 25%). Make sure your DPS have cleared out as much as possible inside before the Frenzy thing starts, get everyone stacked just as he hits 25% and nuke like hell basically.
    We had a few sub 5% wiped on the day of release when 3 healing hitting the 6 min Enrage but 2 healing it this week we roflstomped it pretty hard

And like someone said, it can be a tight DPS check, so make sure you take your best.

Dreadlord
    use 2 healers, make one shadowpriest/oomkin/ele shaman + rotate other healer if theyre oomish
    bubble up the tanks on voodoo dolls
    profit

ie - dont waste 3 people to getting spirit realm!!

We simply went 2 healers with 1 off heals. Our two main healers were Monk/Druid with an Elemental Shaman that would heal whenever one of the Healers was in the spirit world. That way we were able to keep up with only 1 healer out (even when the Druid was very under geared) and keep the DPS rolling through out the fight. We ended up killing him with about 30-45 sec left on enrage i believe.

I also agree with the above about making sure the pure DPS that you bring are "Good", each of our DPS was pulling 55k - 70k the lowest being the tanks with around 35-40k. Our strat with the totems was simple.. we would rotate the 2 main healers (assuming voodoo doll would let us) and then we would have DPS just step in, usually 4-5 each time, so it would choose the closest 3 of the 5. IF someone really needed mana or wanted the buff for DPS, they would just call out and we would make sure they were in the next one. As with all fights, communication is KEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Considering we had about 50 wipes on this dude now, trying to 2 heal it but just can't make the enrage timer I'm going to come ask what -your- working tactics are for this bossfight.

We tried to do all sorts of different rotations for the spirit totem, but it's always such a close enrage... 8% etc.
    we were in the same situation with a few wipes 3-5%, just believing we could push dps a bit... Still we didn't, so I had to try and make changes...

The one that got us a kill was skiping the first totem with only a healer going down... had a resto druid and disc priest!

With 2 healers you cant really avoid going down much... Still You can send a mage and your worst dps down there...
    Make sure your mage uses Nether Tempest...

The fight can be probably improved with a better usage of the buff you get downstairs!
    Last edited by elderamy; 2012-10-16 at 11:45 AM.

use 2 healers

hop the tanks (and bubble as tank if he's a pally).

I'll not give arsey comments like the rest.

1) Go thru the armory of ur raiders and slap them all if they aren't properly gemmed, enchanted and reforged.
    2) Prepot
    3) Make sure the healers get max stacks of the buff on dps that cross over
    4) Make sure dps max their buff, that means blowing CD's when they come out of the spirit realm and not going back while they have an active buff
    5) At 30%-25% clean up the spirit realm as much as possible, stack on exit, BL and pot again and nuke for all you are worth.

If you have all the mechanics down and you still hit enrage then the dps need to step it up. I personally think talent choices matter for this fight. For instance a mage can glyph some to be longer duration longer CD. I'd go with short duration and short CD so I can match my buff with CD's more often. Other classes may be in the same spot. Have a looksee.

Goodluck.

tanks can help kill some of the adds inside the shadow realm when they get banished. there's enough time before your time runs out to kill the severer of souls.

on my dk i pulled out army and ghoul before the banishment and they get ported in with you. when the adds were clustered, drop a d&d on it, they drop very fast.

Make a proper rotation for the dps, the two first to go down have to have time to dps the boss with their dps buff up, and then take the third totem so the second group can have time to dps the boss with their dps buff up, so alternate the dps going into the phase.

Tell your healers to continue healing people even over 100% life in the phase, their dps goes up the more heal received, regardless of life percentage.

Get your tanks to have a proper CD rotation when voodoo dolls are up as the voodoo dolls take the same damage as the tank takes. have your healers use their tank cooldowns often.

There is absolutely no reason to have more than 2 healers on this fight, you get near unlimited mana with the regen buff in the phase. As long as your healers are capable of communicating over vent to know who can go down when, the boss is a free kill. we killed it with a disc priest and a druid on the first week, and we're not particularly good players.

Our strat after 8 wipes or so (thats high balling it as well)

We sent in 2 constant dps who felt comfortable with bursting adds in there with decent aoe (hunter & frost dk) and rotating our 2 healers. Sometimes one of the dps or healers would get voodoo dolled so we'd send a back up for each (our hunters back up was ele shaman & dk's backup was ret pally).

We saved lust for the soft enrage 20%. If I remember right we actually wiped to the hard enrage once, the other wipes were due to first seeing the fight & voodoo doll damage to other raid members. After the healers stopped derping we were able to get past it easily.

Best tips I can give is make sure your healers aren't afraid to spam they're costly mana spells when they're outside as they'll get insane mana regen and spam big heals inside to get them topped off then themselves topped off and people should be able to return. This means that the 2 dps are alone in there for a matter of 10 seconds & the 2 healers are outside keeping people up.

Healers should only be worried if the last 20% is taking longer than it should. When I healed this I basically spammed sck through the 20% & keeping renewing mist up & spending chi with uplift. At the end of the fight I was at about 120k mana.

I dont want to be one of those idiots saying that the fight is easy, but to be honest this fights is fairly simple.
    Iam almost sure that this comes down to, some of your raiders failing to reach the dps requirements.
    If you cant beat this guy, you will have a REALLY hard time on Elegon. So replace the lowest 1-2 dps´s and go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Boombrew View Post
    I dont want to be one of those idiots saying that the fight is easy, but to be honest this fights is fairly simple.
    Iam almost sure that this comes down to, some of your raiders failing to reach the dps requirements.
    If you cant beat this guy, you will have a REALLY hard time on Elegon. So replace the lowest 1-2 dps´s and go again.
    Seriously, what the fuck is up with posters? Help them to improve. Everyones advice here is just to ditch and replace.

Comments like "lol, if you are struggling with morchok heroic, wait till you reach spine hc l2p noob!" are so helpful too.

We had lots of trouble with assigned groups destroying the totems. Lots of mix ups, mainly because of dolls.

Then we decided to send only 2 of our best melees into the spirit world everytime a totem pops, for the burst damage. Went down on the first try.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

The Patient
    Disc priests are amazing for this fight, if you've got one. Also, not sure if this is your problem, but when people are in the spirit realm, every time they get healed they get more of the buff, which gives them haste mastery and crit and restores healer mana. So have your healer spam the crap out of them in the spirit realm. My DPS was telling me the buff caps at 22%.

We didnt have any problem with this fight at all tbh.

We used hero on start and noone goes into spirit realm before hero is over.

You want to rotate the 2 dps you send in every time due to the damage buff they get. If you keep sending in the same people the damage buff will never be used for dpsing boss = you might wipe to enrage so just always send in different dpsers. If you have some raid cd's you can also just skip the last totem and burn the boss while rotating cd's when the healers feel the need for it.

If you still wipe with 2 healers and while using the damage buff to dps the boss you probably just have to tell your dps to learn how to play their class :/