Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They need to add moba style announcing. Not this homosexual elf crap.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Granted I don't PvP but seriously who decided on the PvP Announcer voices?! They sound like cheesy American sporting commentators... Kinda near impossible to take serious
    The woman doing the arena announcing is the only one that even remotely sounds like what you're suggesting.

I don't really expect I'll ever be hearing any of these sounds though anyway.

This whole complaint has a very "wus wiv 'ese funny accents, fant'sy games should sound like jolly ol' England 'ey should" aspect to it, which I find very amusing.

I wasn't criticizing TOR to the extent you're sticking up for them. As a single player game, it was amazing. I played Operative (James Bond type character for those that don't know) who did things Blizzard would never have touched in game. In Star Wars I got laid, worked with the enemy, and killed my superiors for no good reason. All of it was completely within my choice. In Azeroth I got various poop quests. It's really no contest of which questing experience is better.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    People defending TOR in a WoW thread are below redemption
    Fixed.

The Huttball commentating was laughable, and not in the good way. Nobody cares that it shares cheesy roots with the original franchise.

In retrospect, I guess it was befitting the rest of the game.

Bah, I gave them way too long to fix their %$&*^ before unsubbing.

e - agree with the poster above me, was a fun single player experience (played Marauder - Darth Baras story was fantastic) but that only reinforces that they should have continued their KOTOR legacy rather than produce that failure.
    Retired GM of Temerity - US Top 50 raiding on a strict 3 nights since Ulduar. Check us out!
    https://www.wowprogress.com/guild/us/hyjal/Temerity

I enjoy playing the devil's advocate
    Last edited by mckinneathe; 2012-10-16 at 12:44 PM.

I like it. Most pvp games out there have an announcer. They are way cooler but this is the style of wow so Im fine with it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    People criticizing TOR in a WoW thread are below redemption, not to mention anything sports related in Star Wars has always had a touch of humor in it, see pod racing in Episode I. Hutball announcer is funny and in the Star Wars comic mood, since a lot of SW is copied from real life stuff and transposed in its sci-fi universe.

As for "cheesy American accents" OP, would you prefer cheesy Chinese accents like the ones pandaren have instead? I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have complained then.
    TOR itself, as a single player game is great. It fails as an MMO.

Also, citing the bolded part, I have no respect for your opinion : P

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoxus View Post
    That was my exact observation. The announcer almost sounds depressed when he says 'the horde is victorious' vs 'the alliance is victorious'

Is it really that hard to use the same inflection on both factions?
    I wouldn't be surprised if every battleground gets an announcer for each faction.

If you listen, the EOTS announcer is clearly a Blood Elf and exclaims quite happily that "The Horde is victorious!", while his "The Alliance is victorious" is somewhat disdainful.

Orc / Night Elf for Warsong.
    Forsaken / Human for Arathi
    Orc / Dwarf for Alterac Valley
    Blood Elf / Draenei for Eye of the Storm
    (something?) / Human for Strand.
    (something?) / Human for Isle of Conquest
    Forsaken / Gilnean Human-Worgen for Battle for Gilneas
    Orc / Dwarf for Twin Peaks
    Panda / Panda for Temple of Kotmogu
    Goblin / Dwarf-Gnome for Silvershard.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted

The only problem with the announcer is it turns any "battleground" into a gaming event instead of an actual battle. Battlegrounds are suppose to be actual locations in the world that are being fought over. Would be kinda silly if you saw an announcer with a megaphone while watching a braveheart battle or the battle of helms deep.

Then again, I'm not a lore person and any bit of dignity of ally vs horde has been long, long gone. So it doesn't bother me. Just doesn't fit really. Perhaps the capture the flag ones.

if this voice "breaks immersion" for some of you, what the hell does a raging player do to you? do you go into shock?

stop rping in BGs

Deleted
    I hope they have the dota announcements (which to my knowledge are Quake 3 announcements)

Godlike!
    Rampage!
    I just logged in to comment on that. Those are from Unreal Tournament and I don't know who the first faggot was to name that announcer pack "Quake Sounds" in CS, but he was friggin wrong and thats where the confusion about those comes from. So to clarify they are from UT not Quake

What are you guys talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

I don't understand why every time blizz does something you have to complain about it and make a post? you sound like a whiny little brat. If you don't like what the game has to offer, THEN DON'T PLAY IT. It's that simple.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cmon people I'm sure there going to let us turn it off if not, We have addons for that already really. If the worst happens; We can just play the game ''Mute'' haha

Oh and apparently some of you are oblivious to the front page - Go check it out It's pretty cheesey haha

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I'd like this, actually. Would need a lot of work on the voice actors, though.
    Their used to be a mod called that did exactly that, and it was customizable so you could use whatever sound files you liked, cannot remember the name of the mod but the original sound files were ripped from mortal kombat.

i think these might actually be pretty helpful in bgs. *real pvpers* have the sound turned off anyways lololol

Riko is the only announcer i want.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Granted I don't PvP but seriously who decided on the PvP Announcer voices?! They sound like cheesy American sporting commentators... Kinda near impossible to take serious
    well, pvp is cheesy and kinda near impossible to take seriously, so seems to be a very good choice.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Administrator is the best announcer.

"Listen up! THESE are the rules of Huttball!"

Damn, having to type that out actually makes me miss that game a little.