Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Conquest points.. did I miss something?

I can't get over 1350 conquest points. I did both random bgs and arena's, and it seems they both share the same cap of 1350. The only way to get to 1650 is to do rated bgs. I can't find any blue posts about it and my friend says it's a bug.

Any news?

did you WIN your bgs?

Apparently random battleground and arena caps are shared now. If you don't have a decent arena rating, your only options are to take the 300 point loss or do rated battlegrounds for the rest. This bias towards RBGs is a little annoying.

From what I've read it's a bug. You need to do random BGs first to get 300 points then do arenas to cap it off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    did you WIN your bgs?
    OH MY GOD, I HAVE TO ACTUALLY WIN THE BGs?

Yes, of course I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    From what I've read it's a bug. You need to do random BGs first to get 300 points then do arenas to cap it off.
    No, actually, that's what I did. Got 300 points from the call to arms (Isle of Conquest) and then "tried" to finish it off with arena's. Now it still says capped at 1350.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrasibion View Post
    OH MY GOD, I HAVE TO ACTUALLY WIN THE BGs?

Yes, of course I did.

No, actually, that's what I did. Got 300 points from the call to arms (Isle of Conquest) and then "tried" to finish it off with arena's. Now it still says capped at 1350.
    Yeah they're shared again apparently =/

Hasn't 1350 always been the cap unless your Arena/RBG Rating is high?

Deleted
    Random Battleground and Arena conquest cap is now 1350 shared. You can see this by opening your PVP tab and hovering the progress bar in the Conquest tab. Need to increase your cap with rating or finish the rest with Rated BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    Random Battleground and Arena conquest cap is now 1350 shared. You can see this by opening your PVP tab and hovering the progress bar in the Conquest tab. Need to increase your cap with rating or finish the rest with Rated BGs.
    Was this changed from last week? Because I definitely got 1650 Conquest points last week with a combination of normal BGs and very low rated Arenas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    Was this changed from last week? Because I definitely got 1650 Conquest points last week with a combination of normal BGs and very low rated Arenas.
    I actually just asked a friend to check, and he guarantees me he did the same, 1350 conquest from randoms, and the rest from arenas. At this point I'm honestly not sure if that's how it's supposed to work, or if the cap is supposed to be shared, however from the PvP tab I would assume it's meant to be shared. Waiting to see if someone could finish the last 300 points this week.

Saw a post on wow forums and guy asked a GM. He said it was a hotfix and the 1350 cap is intended

Quote Originally Posted by jaimelannister View Post
    this was hotfixed yesterday on wednesday in the morning(european servers) to my surprise i was stuck with 1450 max. this week. The max without high arena rating or rbgs is 1350 now. My bad that i did not max my points earlier like tuesday so i could still reach the cap.

pretty bad change, cause i did not read anywhere an announcement and had no time for preperation as i had to do all the dailies and ini runs for a decent weapon. Totally sucks. i think instead of rbg focus they should focus on 2vs2 and balance this arena bracket, its the most played bracket as its easy to find a friend to play with especially if someone drops wow and you need to search again and again. I hate searching for ppl in this game its so annoying, as they do not play this game forever as i do. :P

Why would they do that ? it was fine that way and it gave incentive for people who didn't need honor to do bgs. I dinged yesterday so there's no way im going to find an rbg and even if I get above 1600 rating I have to wait till next week. Why change something that worked that affects the casual player. Not typical of blizzard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    Saw a post on wow forums and guy asked a GM. He said it was a hotfix and the 1350 cap is intended
    Would you mind linking this post? I haven't seen it.

Deleted
    I've had 1650 cap since the start of the season. RBG, arena, random bg, call to arms - didn't have any problem getting capped.

Well I did, the first week, when you could only get capped by winning random bg's. Hell.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    The bug was your ability to (sometimes) get above 1350 by doing random BGs first. A GM told me that it was actually 2 different bugs, and sometimes worked at different times of the day; he actually didn't know the answer first and had to go ask someone else. But it looks like it was fixed this Tuesday, and now there aren't any more lucky ways to get past 1350.

Quote Originally Posted by Morsker View Post
    The bug was your ability to (sometimes) get above 1350 by doing random BGs first. A GM told me that it was actually 2 different bugs, and sometimes worked at different times of the day; he actually didn't know the answer first and had to go ask someone else. But it looks like it was fixed this Tuesday, and now there aren't any more lucky ways to get past 1350.
    It wasn't a "bug". There are two different caps listed. It didn't have anything to do with the time of day and it didn't matter if you did arena first or BGs first. You had 3 "caps" that were the amount of points you could earn from each of the 3 conquest-point-awarding activities, and you had a total cap that was the maximum conquest points you could earn in a week. You could reach that total from any combination of the 3 activities before, in any order. They just changed how it works this week without giving any announcement or reasoning. It worked perfectly fine and made sense for 3 weeks before this change. In-game GMs are customer service and are generally pretty ignorant of the reasoning behind gameplay or balance changes.

All they changed was that now when you earn arena points or random BG points, those points count against BOTH arena and random BG caps, so that the only way to go beyond the arena/random BG caps is to do rated battlegrounds. People are inferring that this is to push more people into rated battlegrounds, but until we get some kind of confirmation from Blizzard we don't know for sure one way or the other.
    Last edited by ildon; 2012-10-18 at 04:15 PM.

If someone isn't able to get a high enough rating to get past the cap problem, it's going to be quite hard for them to get an invite to an RBG team. I really don't understand Blizzard's logic here - as someone already mentioned it also kills the incentive to join random BGs for many if they're already capped.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ildon View Post
    It wasn't a "bug". There are two different caps listed. It didn't have anything to do with the time of day and it didn't matter if you did arena first or BGs first. You had 3 "caps" that were the amount of points you could earn from each of the 3 conquest-point-awarding activities, and you had a total cap that was the maximum conquest points you could earn in a week.
    All wishful thinking on your part. The 3 "caps" aren't independent; they're there for display purposes to remind you where your points came from. Random BGs were always intended to count against all 3 caps. This was inconsistent, and sometimes people were about to get random BG points without it counting against arena, but that was a bug, and now it's fixed.

I really hope they didnt lower the cap to 1350 for playing normal bg's.

If this is again a way of Blizzard to push people into RBG then that's pretty sad. The step from normal bg's to RBG's is just to big for most of the people I think. Many people dont like the high pressure games.
    Last edited by Mayden; 2012-10-20 at 10:19 AM.