Deleted

Still Farming For Zin'rokh

Hello everybody,

With the introduction of cross-realm zones and the novelty wearing off of the expansion I've seen dozens of people back in the Eastern Kingdoms doing Archaeology, no doubt some of them farming for the coolest sword in the game, Zin'rokh, Destroyer of Worlds.

So, in the spirit of the original thread, let's share our stories of how long we've been farming and for what reason, to keep ourselves entertained while flying around the map.

Me, I completed 450 troll solves past skill 450 during Cataclysm, with no sword proc. After acquiring Lightbreaker Greatsword from heroics and the next upgrade being Starshatter from Elegon, I decided to resume farming Zin'rokh for transmog. Currently sitting at over 580 troll solves with no sword.

How's it going for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be that guy but I got it on my second solve. I'm still waiting for the shield and the tolvir staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Just passed 600 troll solves without the sword.
    Anyone else notice the price of Troll tablets skyrocketing lately?

Deleted
    357 solves then content surpassed it and gave up.

15+ Year Old Account
    I gave up after like 20 or 30.

God bless all your souls!
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

It's been a while since I've done any surveying but I think I have 600 plus solves on 3 characters each. I have heard of people worse off though!

Deleted
    It's funny that having leveled archaeology to 525+ on 4 different characters and having farmed for the sword for quite a while, I haven't had a single 359 epic item proc, from any race. MOP didn't change much for this profession.

I've 150 troll relics and no sword. (Also missing the tol'vir sword, staff, and bug mount), but have everything else in Kalimdor. I know I had around 150 fossils and 300 tol'vir and close to 500 night elf sites.

One trick though is if you do the new archeology stuff, you can turn the completed artifacts in for old fragments. I won't say it is more effective than just going back to the old world, but at least you get the new stuff while you do it and can get serpent mount/archeology dailies done at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanyuu View Post
    One trick though is if you do the new archeology stuff, you can turn the completed artifacts in for old fragments. I won't say it is more effective than just going back to the old world, but at least you get the new stuff while you do it and can get serpent mount/archeology dailies done at the same time.
    Yes, but 5-9 fragments per artifact is not just inefficient, it's a total waste of time. The reward should be around 35-45 to be worth it at all. The only reason you'd be delighted was if you were farming for the new achievements, then these would just be a bonus. But if blizz's intention was to get people to farm in Pandaria instead of the old world they've been doing for a good while, they're doing it wrong. Pandarian digsites also often include high-level monsters that take time away from effecient farming.
    Last edited by mmoc9c3b5902e7; 2012-10-18 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    Yes, but 5-9 fragments per artifact is not just inefficient, it's a total waste of time. The reward should be around 35-45 to be worth it at all. The only reason you'd be delighted was if you were farming for the new achievements, then these would just be a bonus. But if blizz's intention was to get people to farm in Pandaria instead of the old world they've been doing for a good while, they're doing it wrong. Pandarian digsites also often include high-level monsters that take time away from effecient farming.
    Well at least it is a bonus for doing the new achievements. Plus you can do other things like look for rares while you fly around in the new zones. At least doing the new achievements aren't a total waste of time.

I guess while doing Tol'vir and getting stuck having to fly all the way to Azshara for night elf sites (or desolace/stonetalon), I felt like a huge amount of my time was wasted flying around. Pandaria is much smaller at least. Pretty sure I got a 12 fragment box as well, which is a tiny bit better.

Yeah, it isn't great. Yeah, I wish the lorekeeper stuff worked in the old world. (I'd kill to teleport randomly to a dig site or be able to reset them.)

I've leveled Archeology across 3 characters, and not once have I had anything I actually wanted. *pulls hair out*

Deleted
    I'm having a really bad streak regarding Troll Tablets (keystones), I haven't received a single tablet in at least 20 troll digsites. The AH on my realm is also dry. Guess I'm getting paranoid and just having really bad luck but... Has anyone managed to get a troll tablet from a digsite in the Eastern Kingdoms while at skill level 600 within the past 24 hours?