15+ Year Old Account

Heroic Stone Guard 10 man - Jasper Chains

Hi, been trying this tonight with the guild, we do well with everything but the one problem we have is the chains. How are other guilds dealing with this?

Sometimes we just can't break them in time for the tiles. Should we spread on every single jasper petrification and break all chains at once or only break certain ones?
    Last edited by Solidito; 2012-10-17 at 11:37 PM.

Deleted
    When two dps classes have chains they can just both go and click the crystal and put the tiles down at the same time - just move together.

You'll never have the whole raid chained so just send whoever is free to go get the tiles. Not much more I can say :/ If you have a link between 2 melee I'd leave that be, break the others when you have jasper petrification. I found after the initial panic the chains are not that bad

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Should we spread on every single jasper petrification and break all chains at once or only break certain ones?
    This exactly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by intu View Post
    When two dps classes have chains they can just both go and click the crystal and put the tiles down at the same time - just move together.
    We didnt even bother to break chains at all. Just communicate who will lead and who follows when u are going to spread tiles.
    Last edited by mmoccfc971c6c9; 2012-10-18 at 07:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chains suck.

When 2 healers are linked: Never break them. It's the best thing.

When a healer is linked with a melee or when melee is linked with melee (in case you really bring 2 melees here... it's really not ideal): Never break them.

When 2 ranged dps are linked: Break them if you want... or just run and do the tile-lighting together.

When a ranged dps is linked with a healer: Try to break the chains. A non-tank healer with a lot of instant casts can run and light crystals as well. Tank healers, however, will need to remain stationary, so another dps will need to fill in for the one that is linked to that healer.

In short: When two people are chained together who aren't bothered by them and/or can make it work, leave them chained. You're avoiding nasty surprises of "I was lighting up the tiles 20 yards away when I got linked to the tank healer" and the likes. Being linked isn't so bad when you get to huddle up to the right person.

Have I already mentioned that chains suck?

I previously said that I hate cobalt the most. After last night, I'm not so sure anymore which one I hate the most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    When a healer is linked with a melee or when melee is linked with melee (in case you really bring 2 melees here... it's really not ideal):.
    Killed it last night with 3 melee 2 ranged with chains, it was annoying but perfectly doable.

And yea chains do suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    You'll never have the whole raid chained so just send whoever is free to go get the tiles.
    I have to disagree with that bit. Last week (this was part of the combo the US got) when we killed it, some attempts they would take absolutely forever to do jasper petrification and we did have everyone except the tanks linked. It's not very common, but it can happen. But yes, jasper chains sucks. Went from struggling with it last week to one-shotting this week because there were no chains to impede tile lighting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well we downed it first try today thanks for the input, we just spread everytime on jasper petrification to break chains regardless of who had it. Also got around 4 stacks on the chains before petrification.