Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Soloing TBC raids as fury

I recently tested fury and the first thing i saw was the extrem selfhealing.I thought that i maybe able to solo some TBC raids.

Do you think its possible?
    "In our world those who dont care about the rules are called trash but those who dont care about their friends are even worse than trash."

Deleted
    doubt it, maybe with tank gear tho.

Deleted
    I solo Karazhan, Zul'aman and Magtheridon for some easy gold.

Tried Gruul and Maulgar but uh Maulgars Warlock friend spams Deathcoil, the healing and hex.. if someone comes up with a way to solo this, holler at me

That's as fury with 11 mastery base + I use the Mastery pot. Only thing that even gets me under 50k is Magtheridon really.

yeah i solo Kara and ZA and 2 man BT and SSC every week for extra gold

Karazhan is pretty easy to solo regardless of your spec. I can burn through that with a standard PvE fury build. I haven't tried to solo ZA yet, but I've done it with a 5-man group of 85s who weren't in awesome gear or anything, and it was super easy with that, so I'd imagine it could be solo'd easily enough as well. You're talking about trash you can mow down and bosses that have maybe a hair over half a million HP but won't be hitting you that hard.

Tried Gruul, but I couldn't get past Maulgar. I kept getting sheep spammed/death coiled all over the place, and they were healing while I was CC'd. You can equip a PvP trinket and get out of that once, but they'll just sheep you right away again and then you're hosed. You might could 2-man it, but if there's a way to solo that fight as a fury warrior, I haven't found it yet, unless it involves being really really awesomely geared and able to blow one of those adds up in a heartbeat. I'm significantly better geared now than I was last time I tried, so I may give it another shot sometime.

Mag is a little tricky but doable. Once you get all the channelers down, it becomes pretty easy. The tricky thing is burning the channelers down fast enough before they start getting their heals off. I could _almost_ do that back when I was fresh 85 in lower level blues/greens, so if you're decently geared you should be able to blow them up pretty easy. You can interrupt one of their heals, but when there are four others hitting heals as well it can get kinda tricky. Hyjal's trash is definitely soloable, but I haven't tried to solo the first boss in there yet. From what I understand, his frost tomb ability does pretty insignificant damage at 85, but his death and decay still kinda hurts if you don't get out of it.

Of course there are some fights with mechanics that don't really allow for soloing regardless of how well geared/specced you are, ie first boss in Black Temple with those spikes he does (you have to have someone else to get the spikes off you, not only to keep you from dying but in order to pop his shield).
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2011-02-17 at 09:48 PM.

I have only soloed MC and Kara as the old raids. I havent even tried ZA. Back in TBC I only did like 3 bosses from there as I was in a casual guild.

Is doing ZA at lvl 85 Fury warrior easy or is there still something to take into consideration when doing the place?

Might add this place to my places to farm.

Wonder if they will hit loot vendor prices with nerf bat at any point. Though I guess theyve only done that once for Dire Maul North end boss loot.

MC, ZA, ZG, Kara and the likes.. i farm them on a regular basis with my gf (priest) and i dont think ssc, bt would be much of a trouble

but we are still looking for a way to 2man the bwl razorgore encounter.. any tricks you could share would be very appreciated.

I'm able to solo Void Reaver and Solarian in TK, and Hydross in SSC. Combined with what you get from trash this is an easy 1k. However, I'm in full epics and Void Reaver requires consumables for me and full buffs, along with the 18k engineering self-bubble. If I had two epic weapons that I could throw Mending on, I'm sure it would be a lot easier. Hydross also requires massive frost resist gear.

Maulgar might be possible if you can blow up the Warlock in just a few seconds, but even then, the High King's disarm will murder you. Gruul, however, is a tank and spank and easily soloable if you can get past Maulgar.

Btw Razorgore is glitchy right now and blizz is aware of the issue. Not impossible, but luck-based.
    Last edited by Accaris; 2011-02-18 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accaris View Post
    I'm able to solo Void Reaver and Solarian in TK, and Hydross in SSC. Combined with what you get from trash this is an easy 1k. However, I'm in full epics and Void Reaver requires consumables for me and full buffs, along with the 18k engineering self-bubble. If I had two epic weapons that I could throw Mending on, I'm sure it would be a lot easier. Hydross also requires massive frost resist gear.

Maulgar might be possible if you can blow up the Warlock in just a few seconds, but even then, the High King's disarm will murder you. Gruul, however, is a tank and spank and easily soloable if you can get past Maulgar.

Btw Razorgore is glitchy right now and blizz is aware of the issue. Not impossible, but luck-based.

How did you get VR? I went in a few days ago and had no success as prot. The constant arcane ball spam pretty much overwhelmed me.

People assume prot is better for soloing because of the mitigation, but 99% of the time that's just not the case, especially for enemies that do magic damage.

The key to killing Void Reaver is to literally kill him before he kills you. In other words, as much DPS as possibly.

Start with charge into Thunder Clap and Demoralizing Shout (because you won't be able to cast either of those after that,) get 3 Sunders up (which will thereafter be refreshed by Glyph of Colossus Smash,) and then spam the crap out of him. I pop Enraged Regeneration a little bit early to get the full effect, and when he knocks you back, Heroic Leap back in to squeeze off a little extra damage. You won't have time to use Enraged Regen again during the fight (he'll kill you before it cools down,) so that's why Mythical Healing Potion and Grounded Plasma Shield are essential for me. If I had two weapons with Mending, I wouldn't need them.

This will all be a moot point in full 372+ gear. The combination of extra DPS and an extra ~300 HPS from the extra Stamina will make it trivial.
    Last edited by Accaris; 2011-02-18 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    yeah i solo Kara and ZA and 2 man BT and SSC every week for extra gold
    how much extra gold?

To everyone who said they solo Zul'Aman, how is that possible since u need 5 people to open the door?

Can someone here tell me how the FUDGE you can solo ZA? You get 4 other people and then you kick them?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Can someone here tell me how the FUDGE you can solo ZA? You get 4 other people and then you kick them?
    You dont need 5 people to open the door anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r3nd View Post
    how much extra gold?
    For Kara alone, you get ~3k from vendor, selling cloth, selling primal manas (60-80g each on my server)

Quote Originally Posted by Umlüx View Post
    but we are still looking for a way to 2man the bwl razorgore encounter.. any tricks you could share would be very appreciated.
    Lightwell.

Edit: Have her drop a [glyphed] Lightwell early and every time between MC's that it's off cd. You kill the adds while she does the orb.
    Last edited by thedankson; 2011-02-18 at 09:36 PM. Reason: details

Quote Originally Posted by snodge View Post
    You dont need 5 people to open the door anymore
    Since when? Didn't work when I tried in 4.0.3
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Karazhan isn't that great, I usually come out with about 500g. Primal manas don't sell on my server. I don't know how you came up with that 3k number... even if you somehow got 10 primal mana from it, by your own admission that's only 800g at most, add on another 500g from bosses, and cloth isn't that great either.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda1337 View Post
    Since when? Didn't work when I tried in 4.0.3
    Did you bang the gong once and then let go? Because that won't do it. Click the gong once. Your character will keep hitting it, until the event starts. You haven't needed 5 people for years.
    Last edited by Accaris; 2011-02-18 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Accaris View Post
    People assume prot is better for soloing because of the mitigation, but 99% of the time that's just not the case, especially for enemies that do magic damage.

The key to killing Void Reaver is to literally kill him before he kills you. In other words, as much DPS as possibly.

Start with charge into Thunder Clap and Demoralizing Shout (because you won't be able to cast either of those after that,) get 3 Sunders up (which will thereafter be refreshed by Glyph of Colossus Smash,) and then spam the crap out of him. I pop Enraged Regeneration a little bit early to get the full effect, and when he knocks you back, Heroic Leap back in to squeeze off a little extra damage. You won't have time to use Enraged Regen again during the fight (he'll kill you before it cools down,) so that's why Mythical Healing Potion and Grounded Plasma Shield are essential for me. If I had two weapons with Mending, I wouldn't need them.

This will all be a moot point in full 372+ gear. The combination of extra DPS and an extra ~300 HPS from the extra Stamina will make it trivial.

Yeah, i killed all the trash as fury but figured VR would be a tough setup. When the blood frenzy nerf hit my prot survivability for soloing went down the drain. I'll give him another whack as fury. I'm not as geared as you but with a little RNG and a well timed ER I think I can pull it off.

Deleted
    As far as gold goes:

Entire MC, Entire ZA, entire Karazhan and Magtheridon yielded around 2.5k gold this week before selling Netherweave cloth or the Primal Mana which brought in another 300g orso.