View Poll Results: Do you personally consider falling in love a curse or a blessing?

Voters
134. This poll is closed
  • A Curse,

48 35.82%
  • A Blessing

56 41.79%
  • Indifferent

30 22.39%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In this selfish fucked up world, it is definitely a curse. Enough said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    curse. 150% curse. especially when you fall in love with a relative. when she rejects you (and she will do it), it makes things so awkward on family meetings.
    Yeah when I was a teen I had this thing for my aunt...

Depends on the person you fall for. If it's someone who doesn't share the feeling then tough luck...

10+ Year Old Account
    Right at this moment, a curse as I am a few years away from having the financial outlook good enough to be able to support a family. Give it three years then it will be a blessing.

Though, I imagine if I fell for someone now who would faithfully wait 3 years for me to be fully ready, then that person would likely be infinitely more than I deserve and a blessing anyway.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    It becomes a curse eventually. Your not going to be with them forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since its mmo-champion, most people are negative and will say curse. Love is a blessing unless it goes bad. If it never goes bad your blessed for the rest of your life!
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    It's a terrible flu that ends up after 2 years(biology is actually involved here), regardless of leaving or staying with the person at matter. If you are staying it's worse. You will come to a day where you won't be able to stand each others' presence, and talk about your boring, bland current life. This form of marriage we have today(which is the least common in the entire human history) is what's making people miserable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indifferent, never felt it.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    Since its mmo-champion, most people are negative and will say curse.
    Because people in real life people are too scared to admit what they believe, since they don't want to become rejected by society, a society which includes a whole lot of people who have the very same thoughts, but they blindly follow a social custom. To lie to yourself, just to make everything seem nice and cute.

It's like posing in a picture. Fake.

I am not saying that that kind of "love"(try loving someone obese without having a fetish for it, then we'll talk about how real love is) is not possible. But it's deranged to promote it like this when it's so rare.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-10-18 at 06:45 AM.

Deleted
    It's a blessing if the person you fall in love for, fall in love to.
    Otherwise, It's a curse. So I dont answer the poll

10+ Year Old Account
    Indifferent. It's nice to have, but it can be a negative influence on your life, too, especially when things inevitably fall apart. I personally don't miss that kind of thing very much these days, too much hassle.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It can be both, whereas it is more of a curse to me. Once I see that I like a girl too much, I quit contact with her because I know we couldnt be together anyway at this specific point in time. Too bad this point is already lasting for 24 years.

I would say a curse. There are just to many stupid rules nowadays. I also try my best to avoid that stuff.

double edged sword. It's probably the emotional state where you're the least possibly in control of your own happiness and sadness. Ups and downs, like a rollercoaster, yet we persist because the mating instinct is stronger than our common sense or fear of rejection .
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It's a little of both, though i have intentionally gone out of my way to make sure that anyone that i thought i started having feelings towards wound up hating and leaving me alone, since that's what would have happened in the end anyway. Save the time and save them any chance of pain if they were going to end up feeling the same toward me.
    I still feel it, and currently feel it, just don't tell them and act indifferent about it if they ask.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Double Edged sword, It can be either depending on who you choose to be with.

Deleted
    A blessing if it's mutual, a curse if it's unrequited.

Deleted
    curse mostly a burden and alot of pain can turn you blind to all logic and reason when it comes to the one inlove with and chances often seem slim both feels the same way or that it will last in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both, it can be a blessing whenn its answered and turns into a great relationship.
    But its a curse whenn that doesn't happen.

I also believe real love is very rare, alot of people yust get togheter with someone out of social pressure.