Issue with color on nvidia 560ti

Couple things i am seeing. For starters what color is the background on wow insider for most? For me i get navy blue in IE9 and i get black in FF16. that one is puzzling. but the bigger problem i see is when looking at the sky in wow, the main game i play, i see the sky as circles of color, actual defined circles ov varying shades. With the ATI i had before this, i did not get those rings.

I have everything running in YPbPr on a viewsonic monitor 1080p.

Are you using a hdmi or dvi cable from your card to your monitor? Also, did you install the latest drives for your 560 ti?

Yes have the latest drivers, and useing HDMI cable. I do have a DVI to HDMI cable if needed but the monitor only accepts HDMI so no choice on that.

Hi there,
    im using a 560ti aswell and the background on wow insider is navy blue for me aswell (in ie9) but the sky in wow just looks normal.
    although i dunno if this have anything to do with it but lately my pc started to pop up screens saying that my colour setting where not optimal and slowed my pc down. have you gotten that aswell? im not sure if its related but as soon as i updated my drivers it stopped showing up
    You are worth every single breath on this earth and just because it might seems like the end of the world, trust me it will get better.

You can check the Nvidia control panel and make sure nothing got changed there for color. Those settings should be good on default and don't need to be adjusted.

Next I would look at the monitor and it's settings in the lcd menu. Color settings should be there. You can reset the lcd options to default. See your viewsonic manual on how to do that.

Lastly reinstall the latest drivers for your 560ti again (even if you already have them).
    Last edited by c0rnel; 2012-10-18 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DiParagon View Post
    Looks like wow is set to 16 bit color depth.
    Try typing in the following in-game:

/console gxDepthBits 32
    /console gxColorBits 32
    /console gxRestart

folowed those instructions, still exact same result.

Hmm, okey.. Check if your display is set to 32 bit. In the nvidia control panel go to Display -> Change resolution -> Color depth.
    If you have multiple displays make sure to select the correct one first at the top (or just check all of them)
    Last edited by Unknown User; 2012-10-19 at 01:21 AM.

It is in fact at 32 bit (highest)

Oh, no idea what could be wrong then. Sorry.
    I guess you could try deleting/renaming/moving config.wtf to reset all wow settings in case something is messed up if you haven't already tried that.
    Is it only wow that has issues? The wow insider thing sounds more like a browser bug since you're getting the correct color in IE.

I would agree except as i said, it did not do this with the ATI 6850. Colors blended thru transitions fine. I refuse to use google, i dont like being tracked. FF was doing the blue but i could see those same lines from color changes, now its showing black after a fresh windows install. As for the wow thing, again fresh install, but did it anyways and still same result. thinking im just gonna find a way to get another ati and ditch this nvidia.

Doesn't like being tracked but links his skydrive which includes his full name. That said pretty sure that's just how the wow skyboxes look (they've never been high quality by any means).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082082179

This thread contains blue posts which seem to agree with me and this link can act as a replacement for your picture if you don't want people knowing your name:
    Code:
    [URL=http://imgur.com/fw9WG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fw9WGl.jpg[/ IMG][/ URL]
    just copy/paste everything in there then remove the space between / + URL and / + IMG.

point taken about the skydrive, though it does not have my full name. that said thankk you for the info, wont worry about wow but what about FF showing different colors?

oh and by tracking i mainly am talking about the tracking system to clutter up my browser with adds about singles in my area.