Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Patient Crunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Clarkston, MI
    Posts
    213

    Aspect of the Fox Being Removed in Patch 5.1

    Hunter (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Aspect of the Fox has been removed.
    Steady Shot, Cobra Shot, and Barrage can now always be cast on the move.
    Lynx Rush has been changed. Lynx Rush is now a bleed effect that causes damage every 3 seconds over a period of 15 seconds, and stacks up to 9 times.
    Bestial Wrath no longer grants Hunter pets immunity to crowd control effects, and instead now breaks existing crowd control effects when activated.

    Looks like Aspect of the Fox is finally being removed, thoughts on this?

  2. #2
    High Overlord Marg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    156
    It was unexpected for me, but i still quite like the change. I think i will enjoy never having to stand still!

  3. #3
    Inc more jumpers

  4. #4
    with the new talents it made AOTF useless all you needed to do was just disengage and web

    tbh fox was pretty useless and i wonder what they will replace it with

    OT i have this feeling the whole house of cards that the new talent system brought is now falling wow really needs to have 2 seperate systems from PVP and PVE
    Last edited by Brummiehorde; 2012-10-18 at 06:14 PM.

  5. #5
    So why don't they just increase hunter base damage by Aspect of the Hawk's % and remove the entire concept of Aspects from Hunters?

    Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack are the only aspects that are a choice at this point. Hawk will be up 100% of the time and only swap for a run boost.

    No more aspect choice necessary
    No more ammo
    No more pet feeding
    No more pet loyalty

    I understand it simplifies the class, but to what extent? "Quality of life" is often used as a label to cover "make it require less thought"

    I understand taking out unnecessary PITAs (I never liked having to pay for my damage with arrows. DPS had GPS; gold per shot) but at the same time it makes me sad to see the classes becoming so identical.

    Hunters are basically just mages with a different cast animation and spells that do different damage types.

    Hopefully they'll come up with actually interesting aspects.
    Since we have no dead zone, but our dodge is laughable and we have 0 parry, perhaps monkey could come back?
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  6. #6
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dutch
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    So why don't they just increase hunter base damage by Aspect of the Hawk's % and remove the entire concept of Aspects from Hunters?

    Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack are the only aspects that are a choice at this point. Hawk will be up 100% of the time and only swap for a run boost.

    No more aspect choice necessary
    No more ammo
    No more pet feeding
    No more pet loyalty

    I understand it simplifies the class, but to what extent? "Quality of life" is often used as a label to cover "make it require less thought"

    I understand taking out unnecessary PITAs (I never liked having to pay for my damage with arrows. DPS had GPS; gold per shot) but at the same time it makes me sad to see the classes becoming so identical.

    Hunters are basically just mages with a different cast animation and spells that do different damage types.

    Hopefully they'll come up with actually interesting aspects.
    Since we have no dead zone, but our dodge is laughable and we have 0 parry, perhaps monkey could come back?
    What you are saying is true. But we are stuck with too much hotkeys for most basic hunter players and with the amount of focus regen we have, you could just remove the whole aspect and not add anything off the aspect to other abilities. I rarely use it in PVP. Tho PVE is different, so far I have not seen a lot of move while CS or SS is needed.
    We are in this game together, make it work.

  7. #7
    Seems like they are dumbing down hunters more and more first they take away ammo, then make it so you start out with a pet and take away our melee weapon ect. ect. a little longer and we will not even feel like a hunter

  8. #8
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,292
    Pretty cool imo, yeah it makes Hunters easier to play but there will always be other things to separate bad ones from the good.

  9. #9
    nice but NOT NEEDED change to aspects and casting CS/SS on the move
    I was ok then they made autoshot on the move but this is too much
    Anyway its a buff and i guess any buff is better then nothing !

  10. #10
    High Overlord Crimsonfiend76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    193
    being that i started my hunter in TBC, i was well used to having to deal with carrying extra ammo in bags, not to mention always having to shell out gold for the best kind, that said, i would welcome back the implementation of equiping a 'type' of ammo in our off-hand slot. we'd still have infinite ammo, but our dmg would scale depending on the grade of ammo you equipped (which may or may not have different a...if anything it would scale along with scopes and provide an added revenue stream for engineers.

    OT, aspect of the fox wont be missed, with the revamped talent system and priority rotation, i rarely if ever needed to stay in fox for longer than a couple of shots in pvp.

  11. #11
    overdue change!
    finally you have your focus regen on the move at low level, what i criticised when i heard during cata beta this aspect would have been learnt too late in the leveling process

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Hopefully they'll come up with actually interesting aspects.
    Since we have no dead zone, but our dodge is laughable and we have 0 parry, perhaps monkey could come back?
    In fact all aspects should be only utility or defensive, but nothing directly related to dps.

    2-3 utility and 2 defensive aspects would be fine. Then you would also have to choose according to the situation, and macroing them into other abilities would make little to no sense at all. There should be an aspect for meele or physical damage reduction, one for magical damage reduction, the movement speed aspect we already have and a two more, utility or healing related.

  13. #13
    Bloodsail Admiral Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    Seems like they are dumbing down hunters more and more first they take away ammo, then make it so you start out with a pet and take away our melee weapon ect. ect. a little longer and we will not even feel like a hunter
    There was nothing 'smart' about ammo. You just bought as much of the best ammo available to you and bought more when you got low and that was it.

    They made it so new hunters start with a pet so that they start with one of the defining aspects of the class instead of having to wait until level 10.

    They took away our melee weapons because they removed the minimum range and we could hit targets in front of us, making melee weapons redundant, since we only had one damaging melee ability left. And despite no minimum range, I still kite melee in PvP because I don't want them hitting me, so I still feel plenty like a hunter.

    Removing Aspect of the Fox and making it so that casting Steady Shot/Cobra Short and Barrage on the move baseline means I have one less keybind to worry about. What I am curious/worried about is what might be happening with our other Aspects.

  14. #14
    I swear I'm the only person who really hates the removal of Fox. I seriously liked the aspect system, and now all that's left is Aspect of the Hawk and Aspect(s) of the Move-Slightly-Faster.

    We've lost Wild, Beast, and now Fox. They made the argument at one point that they didn't like Fox/Hawk switching because hunters apparently just macro'd it into their instant/cast shots. No, lazy hunters did. So the solution is to just give everybody that lazy solution? :/ I really don't like it.

    I guess the bonus is that I gain an extra keybind, which is certainly a nice thing in the expansion of a trillion keybinds.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  15. #15
    A long overdue change.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarevoc View Post
    In fact all aspects should be only utility or defensive, but nothing directly related to dps.

    2-3 utility and 2 defensive aspects would be fine. Then you would also have to choose according to the situation, and macroing them into other abilities would make little to no sense at all. There should be an aspect for meele or physical damage reduction, one for magical damage reduction, the movement speed aspect we already have and a two more, utility or healing related.
    I think I like this more as an idea, and it seems to be closer to the path they ended up choosing for Shaman and their totems. If you're just going to keep one thing on 99% of the time for a static (boring) buff, why not just bake it into the class? I actually forgot about Monkey, but I did like Wild, and always wished (when playing my Hunter instead of my Druid main) that it also gave a swim speed buff. >.>

    Maybe Hunters in general are fancier gamers and all use those crazy Razer mice, but like stingc2 said Hunters already have too many buttons in my opinion. Plus a lot of them are Engineers, I know mine is anyway and that was inspired by my Hunter friend who was one, too, and that adds tons more buttons from DPS boosts to fun stuff. Maybe it's 'cuz I've always played a "dumb" spec like Balance, with its 5-button rotation and not much else, but I can appreciate slimming down you guys' actionbars and consolidating unnecessary abilities.

  17. #17
    Well instead of using aspect switching macros like people use in PvP (and maybe PvE), you won't need those macros anymore. It's a good change if you ask me.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU





  18. #18
    I suspect one of the reasons for this change was to make Iron Hawk more appealing for PvP.

  19. #19
    Keyboard Turner Madhavi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    6
    I've heard some people say that this is an attempt to bring hunters more in line with other dps, but I really don't feel like this will make much of a difference. Unless you were a hunter that stayed in Fox for an entire fight, how many of your shots were actually missing that Hawk AP buff? Especially since they put aspects back off the gcd...I dunno. It makes it a bit simpler, but I don't know that we needed that. *shrug*

  20. #20
    Only downside is I use sidestep or jump to stop my cast, and now I must bind or use esc.

    I think it would be cool if we got an aspect of the turtle, kind of like rogues with sym or warlocks with glyph. Basically something that makes our pets scale similar to a real tank. IE: Health, avoidance based on attack power, etc. Also, implement the tier 5 bonus into talent or aspect of turtle. Then of course reduce hunter damage to compensate by like 20% or whatever (+ the loss from hawk).
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-10-19 at 03:09 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •