Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    That and also the mentality that "I will vote for this party because I will vote for this party" mentality, where even if the candidate is saying he's going to start a war with the world, the people won't vote for the other party, just because they said they would vote for the other one.
    The problem is this: one party in entrenched in religious zealotry, sexism, and racism. The other party is the Democratic party. There really isn't a choice if you care about this country and the people around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    That may be because you are recognizing the core ideas that drive the republican party. Your spin is laughable, and accusing me of having no courage and exercising no critical thinking is ironic at best - most certainly hypocritical.

If you aren't aware that these are the issues republicans use their power to push, you are in a state of willful ignorance. And if that is the case, you should stop posting your mindless rhetoric here.

Here's hoping, anyway.
    Here, let me try it your way: "No u!"

Look, another fancy chart!

Look at when spending spikes. Such pretty colors... I especially like the rising cost of Health Spending.

Charts are fun, because you can find one that suits you anywhere. Also, the GDP of America has declined significantly since the 80's because of overseas manufacturing. In the 80's we all blamed Japan. Somewhere in the 90's China took over, but we didn't notice because of the Dot Com boom; funny how that didn't last forever. It's well known that our economy has become a consumer economy. Not as much is made in the U.S. like it was post WWII, but if a GDP chart suits your argument, hey, go ahead and use that. Blame the Presidents that were elected during that time, and not the consumer habits or increased taxation of manufacturers that drove business' overseas.

My Roman history professor told us it wasn't the Goth's that caused the fall of Rome, it was the trade with China. "Silver for Silk" is what he called it. Since a silk Toga was so much more comfortable, all the wealth of Rome disappeared down the silk roads, and it's hard to maintain an empire without cash.

Food for thought, no matter who wins the presidency.
    Last edited by Vashdakari; 2012-10-18 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    The republicans believe that:

This is coming from a college-educated straight white male. I'm going to apologize to the few of you who can't handle the truth up front: retreat to your security blankets / fairy tales if you need to.
    You forgot: Feasting on poor people's babies.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    "No u!"
    Your reply shows just how "highly educated" you are.

At least grow a backbone and admit what your party stands for. I think you may be surprised to learn how many (mostly southern, white, uneducated) people agree with you when you come out and tell the truth about what your party stands for. Your party leaders may not even have to talk out of both sides of their mouths anymore

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 07:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KDSwain View Post
    You forgot: Feasting on poor people's babies.
    Turn it into a joke when you can't form a rebuttal with facts.

These are the agendas that the republicans themselves push when they come into power. If you are really a republican, you should be proud of the things they work so hard to try to accomplish.

Oh give me a break with the "tax cuts are expenses" bullcrap, that only works if you buy into the premise that all income belongs to government and they allow us to keep a portion of it and consider that a government expense.
    Huh? I think you responded to the wrong person there buddy. At no point did I ever say anything remotely about tax cuts being expenses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    Somewhat difficult to define Obama as a "failed" President given the situation in American politics, Democratic President, Republican House = clusterfuck. That was never going to get ANYTHING done, but the whole "he's done nothing in 4 years" argument is redundant when ultimately if he wanted to get a bill through saying "I declare that there are 60 seconds in a minute" the Republicans would have vetoed it.
    Explain Jan 2009 - Jan 2011 when the Dems controlled both houses, including a super majority in the Senate for a pretty long time.

Go....
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

Explain Jan 2009 - Jan 2011 when the Dems controlled both houses, including a super majority in the Senate for a pretty long time.

Go....
    Watch this, it explains a lot about it. It's actually a very balanced report on both candidates. Also worth noting that Romney would cut funding for documentaries such a this one.

Last edited by lizon; 2012-10-18 at 11:53 PM.

Your reply shows just how "highly educated" you are.

At least grow a backbone and admit what your party stands for.
    They're not my party, but I am glad at least that I got more out of my education than a smug disdain for reality and a dependence on identity politics. Those work real well when you're keeping score in a debate, but what people like you forget is that politics has real consequences, outside feeling like a superior big shot for being more arrogant and dismissive than your opponent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Explain Jan 2009 - Jan 2011
    The Democrats tried to compromise with the republicans and the republicans strung them along until it was too late, then blocked anything and everything they could when they came into a majority.

Now please explain how the republicans managed to turn a SURPLUS into a DEFICIT and preemptively started a war with a country that had nothing to do with the attack on American soil that was used as a justification. If you could also explain why they forced Colin Powell to lie about WMDs for further justification, that would be swell.

---------- Post added 2012-10-18 at 07:55 PM ----------

They're not my party
    More irony from you, coated in outright lies. You think the tea party is not connected to the republican party in any way? Please tell me how I am wrong about these things:

The republicans believe that:

-We should always be at war.

-We should profit from our prisoners.

-We should take away all regulation and unions, then let businesses do what they want to their employees, including hiring children.

-Gay people should not serve our country in the military.

-Gay people should not have the same rights or protections as straight people.

-Women's reproductive rights should be determined by men.

-If you are not white, you should always be treated with suspicion.

I can go on. They are not the party to vote for if you care about this country and the people around you.

They are the party to vote for if you are a white male who looks out for himself above all others.

This is coming from a college-educated straight white male. I'm going to apologize to the few of you who can't handle the truth up front: retreat to your security blankets / fairy tales if you need to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kind of disappointed in you, OP. I was hoping you'd stick around and participate in the discussion of topics you feel so strongly about.

But, nope. "I'll just leave this here: Obama's destroying America."

10+ Year Old Account
    The Democrats tried to compromise with the republicans and the republicans strung them along until it was too late, then blocked anything and everything they could when they came into a majority.

Now please explain how the republicans managed to turn a SURPLUS into a DEFICIT and preemptively started a war with a country that had nothing to do with the attack on American soil that was used as a justification. If you could also explain why they forced Colin Powell to lie about WMDs for further justification, that would be swell
    To be honest with you, this is the last response to any of your posts I will make. Frankly, you represent what I described earlier as a cult mentality. Nothing I can tell you will make any difference in your thinking. So why would you think I would waste any of my valuable time to debunk your assertions, even though they are false and misleading? I hope your hatred keeps you warm all winter....

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    When Mitt Romney produces actual numbers and publishes a plan, I'll consider him.
    It involves making the military budget even MORE bloated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnevis View Post
    Kind of disappointed in you, OP. I was hoping you'd stick around and participate in the discussion of topics you feel so strongly about.
    When they can't debate with facts or logic, they turn to fallacies and outright lies. It's hard to defend a position when you're constantly making it up as you go, simply to have a cover for your racism / sexism / bigotry.

More irony from you, coated in outright lies. You think the tea party is not connected to the republican party in any way? Please tell me how I am wrong about these things:
    "Irony coated from outright lies" - give me a break with the purple prose, lol. Anyway, I don't know where "You think the tea party is not connected to the republican party in any way? " is even coming from, as I've pledged no allegiance to either, nor have I denied the association between the two. Are you just like fabricating my side of the argument or something, like playing chess with yourself? Well, whatever, I'm not going to spend an entire conversation correcting your wild, anti-intellectual assumptions about my views, I'll save my energy for someone with a little more intellectual integrity who doesn't rely on straw men quite so much.

As for your next request: You think I'm going to try to correct the entire Democrat playbook of half-truths and outright deception here in this topic when it's coming from a person of your caliber? Give me a break.

You need a serious reality check dude. Not even with your politics, but just with this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    When they can't debate with facts or logic, they turn to fallacies and outright lies. It's hard to defend a position when you're constantly making it up as you go, simply to have a cover for your racism / sexism / bigotry.

Now that's not fair to the conservatives that are here talking about it.

To be honest with you, this is the last response to any of your posts I will make. Frankly, you represent what I described earlier as a cult mentality. Nothing I can tell you will make any difference in your thinking. So why would you think I would waste any of my valuable time to debunk your assertions, even though they are false and misleading? I hope your hatred keeps you warm all winter....
    "Cult mentality" - you know what's funny is these sort of people actaully remind me of that chick from Westboro Baptist Church, who goes on TV for discussions, ignores absolutely everything that was said and just plows on with her outrageous platform with a completely straight face. Ha, and now I"m making myself laugh.

Now please explain how the republicans managed to turn a SURPLUS into a DEFICIT and preemptively started a war with a country that had nothing to do with the attack on American soil that was used as a justification. If you could also explain why they forced Colin Powell to lie about WMDs for further justification, that would be swell.
    Simple political tactic: repeat something enough times, no matter how BS it is and supporters will chug the Kool-Aid, believing it to be fact.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    why would you think I would waste any of my valuable time to debunk your assertions
    First of all, it doesn't seem that your time is so valuable if you can continue to mass post your garbage here on a gaming forum.

Secondly, let's be honest here. You don't try to rebut any of the points I've made because you have no rebuttal. If you told the truth about how you feel, you would be labelled as a racist / sexist bigot - and rightly so.

When your party chooses to use what power it has to push anachronistic social agendas and support almost exclusively rich white males, intelligent people take notice.

Enjoy your constant state of willed ignorance, I hear that sand tastes great to people filled with hate.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Lets not forget what actually constitutes the majority of our deficit. The Bush tax cuts which Obama was forced to extend to get the Republicans to agree to anything and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I might be crazy here, but I don't think Obama's name is Bush so those aren't his cuts and he wasn't President in the early 2000s when we went to those wars.
    Nah your right.
    Thing about these far-right winged nuts is that they don't understand that policies from previous presidencies have effects on the current presidencies, and that the current president can only do so much to fix the issues.