LastLast

Stampede damage, pure and simple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQCP1fnC9Mg

Armoury me if you want, for those who want to know my stats:

29.16% pvp power, 41.24 with rapid fire up
    28.35% mastery, 38.35% with spirit beast buff
    23337 attack power, 36348 with pvp trinket up
    14.88% crit, 19.12 with pvp trinket up

this test was done against a druid in full pvp gear, no form, no cooldowns.
    Cooldowns used by me:
    Stampede, Rapid fire, Bestial wrath, on-use trinket 5105 agility.

As you can see in this video (quality is crap, sorry for not having a massive gaming rig but it's still visible) I did just over 286k damage.

Remember this is not the damage from stampede alone since recount is a bit buggy and doesn't split the damage between the pets equally.

So really stampede by itself is doing about half of the damage there as stampede summons 4 pet's that do 25% of the main pet's damage (4*25=100).

Therefore stampede is doing around 140k damage over the course of 20 seconds with every cooldown I have available popped.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions about stampede so people can start whining about other ways hunter's are OP like... wait, why are we still considered OP now?

Lynx Rush 200k+ dmg over 4 sec.

:>

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Lynx Rush 200k+ dmg over 4 sec.

:>

yeaaaaaaaa...no

want me to make another video showing how bullshit that is too?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    yeaaaaaaaa...no

You're showing just your pets damage, and doing none yourself. You put out quite a bit of damage during BW also. I understand that's what this thread is about, but you aren't factoring in your damage, which adds to the burst.
    Last edited by Conatzer; 2012-10-19 at 11:32 PM. Reason: clarification

yeaaaaaaaa...no

It's not bullshit. I'm assuming this Video is about the PvP QQ that people have been posting. If so you're 100% right about Stampede. With that said the culprit to our burst IS LR/Readiness. By a large margin. You can make a video if you like, but you would be wasting your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Conatzer View Post
    You're showing just your pets damage, and doing none yourself. You put out quite a bit of damage during BW also. I understand that's what this thread is about, but you aren't factoring in your damage, which adds to the burst.
    remind me: what is the title of this thread again?

I made this video for all the people posting in the hunter and pvp forums going "OMG STAMPEDE SO OP, NERF IT PLS"

I can quite confidently say I know how my class works and when these people start posting stuff like that everywhere it just makes me a little miffed since what they write might actually be believed to be true.

Also few people stating pets can solo healers: absolute hilarious bullshit

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    It's not bullshit. I'm assuming this Video is about the PvP QQ that people have been posting. If so you're 100% right about Stampede. With that said the culprit to our burst IS LR/Readiness. By a large margin. You can make a video if you like, but you would be wasting your time.
    LR is garbage in 3v3 and with the rabid nerf it barely does 120k ish damaged unless you're stupidly lucky and get crits.

Stampede damage isn't huge, however using it with that, plus you attacking, plus frequent kill commands, and lynx rush..... its alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Stampede damage isn't huge, however using it with that, plus you attacking, plus frequent kill commands, and lynx rush..... its alot.
    Right! But so many people just cannot understand this and assume stampede is killing them when actually the hunter is using blink strike/rush, kill command, glaive toss and arcane shot.

People see 5 healthbars appear and clog up the screen and just panic instead of ccing something and using defensive cooldowns. Majority of players complaining about hunters now are just bad.

200k damage in a Lynx is a pretty hyperbolic number. Pets don't have 100% crit rate.

Having just done a bunch of arena games I can say that Stampede pets are, for some reason, doing 100% damage per pet in arena. But not anywhere else.

i need to find some people to test wargames with me, really want to know where this whole pet ignores resilience silliness is coming from.

i need to find some people to test wargames with me, really want to know where this whole pet ignores resilience silliness is coming from.
    It's a rumor started by a combination of screenshots of cooldown stacking hunters Blink Strike/Lynx Rushing low res/low armor people, and Stampede pets doing full damage. Everywhere I've seen pets are doing roughly expected damage, and the only outlier is arena Stampede.

Deleted
    Illana, I don't think anyone remotely cares about what your findings produce, the fact remains that Beast Master hunters (who gives a sh*t what ability they're using) can global other classes THROUGH their survival cooldowns while you're not even LoS, and this crap about "Just CC the pet" isn't possible until 5.1 hits.

You are officially the most deluded individual in the whole of WoW if you can in your right mind say that Beast Master hunters and Stampede is not broken.

Just as you posted a video, there are many other videos on the internet (read: youtube) depicting the complete opposite of what you're saying.

Heck, there's that Kripparian video of him wearing PVE gear, killing people while he's behind a friggin' pillar with just stacking cooldowns and letting Stampede go to town.

Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Illana, I don't think anyone remotely cares about what your findings produce, the fact remains that Beast Master hunters (who gives a sh*t what ability they're using) can global other classes THROUGH their survival cooldowns while you're not even LoS, and this crap about "Just CC the pet" isn't possible until 5.1 hits.

If you are officially the most deluded individual in the whole of WoW if you can in your right mind say that Beast Master hunters and Stampede is not broken.

Just as you posted a video, there are many other videos on the internet (read: youtube) depicting the complete opposite of what you're saying.

Heck, there's that Kripparian video of him wearing PVE gear, killing people while he's behind a friggin' pillar with just stacking cooldowns and letting Stampede go to town.
    and another sheep joining the BM HUNTERS STILL OP bandwagon

kripps vid was made before rabid nerf. If you know what that means you wouldn't have posted this, though since you did you're just quite clearly clueless.

It's impossible to have pets solo kill a healer when the hunter is not in los, it's just NOT possible unless they're afk. What your claiming is complete bullshit after the nerf: plain and simple.

every video released that shows hunter one button macroing or kill people instantly was BEFORE THE NERF, this video i made is AFTER THE NERF making this video relevant and all the other ones you like to reference to irrelevant.

remind me: what is the title of this thread again?

I made this video for all the people posting in the hunter and pvp forums going "OMG STAMPEDE SO OP, NERF IT PLS"

I can quite confidently say I know how my class works and when these people start posting stuff like that everywhere it just makes me a little miffed since what they write might actually be believed to be true.

Also few people stating pets can solo healers: absolute hilarious bullshit

---------- Post added 2012-10-20 at 12:48 AM ----------

LR is garbage in 3v3 and with the rabid nerf it barely does 120k ish damaged unless you're stupidly lucky and get crits.
    You either don't actually PvP, or you have no idea what you're talking about. LR is above and beyond the best skill we have in terms of burst. If your LR is only doing 120k I suggest you get some more gear. With that in mind, it's not just the damage that needs to be factored, it's the time in which the damage happens. Not to mention your pet still does all of his normal attacks while doing LR.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    You either don't actually PvP, or you have no idea what you're talking about. LR is above and beyond the best skill we have in terms of burst. If your LR is only doing 120k I suggest you get some more gear. With that in mind, it's not just the damage that needs to be factored, it's the time in which the damage happens. Not to mention your pet still does all of his normal attacks while doing LR.
    So just cause it continues it's normal attacks somehow makes the damage due to lynx rush =S? Not sure what you're trying to get at here.

it's 9 attacks that happen over 4 seconds and on a pvp geared player it will crit for around 20k per rush with everything popped and with our 25%ish crit rate that will average it out to around 112k damage, obviously you can do more damage if you get lucky and less if you are unlucky.

You want me to do a video on lynx rush just so you can see how much damage it REALLY does after rabid nerf?

My gear is fine, armoury me if you want.

Plus in 3s getting all 9 hits on one target is pretty rare.

Deleted
    I am going to agree. People are getting carried away and ignoring facts. Illana is making a good argument. Feel free to do your own objective tests.

The macro vid making the rounds is stupid and misleading. Try doing the same thing yourself. As you go up in rating there are many ways temas deal with the pets and you. Some of them are interesting. Met a warrior who jumps around to avoid pets, Druids and Paladins have easy cd and defense. dps classes plan their cc well. Its not braindead as many make it out to be.
    Last edited by mmoc839c7d7be3; 2012-10-21 at 02:01 AM.

Deleted
    I also agree that lynx rush is really strong. I use it myself, guilty. I popped bestial and lynx rush i got cced but my pet still completes tht lynx rush and brings the players hp to half... which arguably is a problem, myb when you lynx rush and get ccd, ur lynx rush should stop at least. Thats the whole problem. The problem with stampede is just the healing which has been fixed... And since they decided to make lynx rush a dot, tht lynx rush problem has even been oversolved .. so ill still say nerfing bm best immunity was too far. bad idea!

This video doesn't show much at all. We all know that stampede isn't the problem (though technically it is part of the problem), the problem is the combination of CDs that Beast Master Hunters possess. You could post another video showing just Lynx Rush, or another with just Bestial Wrath, etc, but all that proves is that that single cooldown on its own isn't OP... which we all knew. It's the combination of the CDs that's the problem.

I have never, ever complained about any particular class or spec being OP, but the amount of 3s games I've had over the last couple of days where we've lost to BM hunters destroying either myself or one of my team mates in almost no time at all is ridiculous. If you have been watching Kripp's streams of arena recently where he pops his CDs near the beginning you can see quite clearly how he is doing an absurd amount of damage compared with everyone else. He even plays with a warrior and absolutely dwarfs his damage. And by absurd I'm talking about Wrath globalling levels of absurdity. I'm half tempted to spec Blood to survive the burst and then annoy the opposite team for 45 minutes.

BM hunters at the moment are basically beast cleaves without the enhancement shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by flashur View Post
    This video doesn't show much at all. We all know that stampede isn't the problem (though technically it is part of the problem), the problem is the combination of CDs that Beast Master Hunters possess. You could post another video showing just Lynx Rush, or another with just Bestial Wrath, etc, but all that proves is that that single cooldown on its own isn't OP... which we all knew. It's the combination of the CDs that's the problem.

I have never, ever complained about any particular class or spec being OP, but the amount of 3s games I've had over the last couple of days where we've lost to BM hunters destroying either myself or one of my team mates in almost no time at all is ridiculous. If you have been watching Kripp's streams of arena recently where he pops his CDs near the beginning you can see quite clearly how he is doing an absurd amount of damage compared with everyone else. He even plays with a warrior and absolutely dwarfs his damage. And by absurd I'm talking about Wrath globalling levels of absurdity. I'm half tempted to spec Blood to survive the burst and then annoy the opposite team for 45 minutes.

BM hunters at the moment are basically beast cleaves without the enhancement shaman.
    yeah you're another one who actually understands how hunters work. You'd be surprised about the amount of QQ about "pets soloing healers behind pillars" that was a direct quote i shit you not.

The problem is cd stacking like you said and i'd rather just have stampede removed completely from the game. It's just a glorified DoT that takes shape in 4 pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    So um... what does it matter when it's still bugged in arena?
    proof? evidence? screenshots? videos?

you have none