Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wish the freaking BoA staves didn't cost a total of 7 spirits to make. I mean, the freaking OH fan takes one. I understand that because the thing has more utility with it being a BoA item and that it provides a quest to regain 10 of the scrolls put in to it that it should cost a few more... but 7 seems kind of overkill.

I do agree that they should have more venues for spirit usage overall, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I found it, it was not what I though it was. It was a recipe to not having to use Scroll of Wisdom to make Darkmoon Faire cards. Sorry for the confusion
    Last edited by Schaapa; 2012-10-22 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Failure :(
    Surrounded by idiots

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the main reason behind it is because of the cards. Slows down the production a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by purplet View Post
    You get the rep for the buckle while completing the prequests for the dailys so please stfu with that
    Kyparite goes for 3-4g on my server, so the recipe is like 80g. So stfu with that too, please.
    You can buy the living steel from the AH and sell the buckle for 150-250g of profit easily, multiple times a day.
    You can produce epic BoE armor base only on your farming and not on time. That can be godly for your main, not so good for a prof twink not earning harmony.
    So ... stfu with your Blacksmithing aint a good moneymaker, for your main its an awesome profession and you can make a lot of gold with it.
    I agree though that its an awfull profession for the lonely profession alt waiting to click the daily cd once a day!

On INscription, theres nothing to complain i guess, yes its not fair to have to wait a bit longer for the stuff but its nice things and you can still get them with more farm equating the profit on time with the other professions very well.

On inscription there is no guess about it, there is nothing to complain about, so stfu with that.
    No where did I say BS was a bad profession, so stfu with that.
    No where did I complain about BS, so stfu with that.
    My point went over your head, here it is simply every profession has it's up and downs obviously bs was my example. I can just as easily point out all the perks of inscription, ease of leveling (leveled inscription in one day for less than 3k gold on my server 1-600) so cheap and easy that I actually made an additional 2 85's inscriptionist the next day, massive profit on dark moon cards, cheap mats for shoulder enchants which sell extremely well and boa staves you are able to use for you alts and lets not forget the offhands which sell as well. Herbs are down below 30 gold a stack on my server. Hehe people still even buy the mysterious fortune cards and cata herbs are practically free.

No nothing is wrong with inscription, it is the only profession I have more than one of and no herber/gatherer.

Now stfu please.
    Last edited by Puffinstuff; 2012-10-22 at 08:24 AM.

Deleted
    The ink doesn't really bother me since ink is cheap and easy to make. The Spirit of Harmony cost, on the other hand, does bother me.

I'm not saying that scribes don't have some nice things to make, every profession does. All I wanted to say with this thread was that 5 spirits of wisdom to ignore a one day cooldown is a discrepancy from Alchemy and other professions with one day CD's.
    Personally I think that should be changed, it's that simple. Whether or not we have other things that are nice is not as relevant. Yes Darkmoon Cards are good for now, give it a few months and they won't be worth much.
    I just think that it's stupid to have us be the only profession that has to pay more for a one day CD. Especially considering we're not going to be selling our fans for much when people actually get raid gear. Inscription has an initial push at the start of the expansion and will slowly slip as this expansion progresses, your belt buckles, spellthread, leg armor will stay around the same because of the spirit/CD while our shoulder enchants (even though we are the only ones producing them) will devalue slowly since they are just pumped with mats. Already prices have slipped to 300-500g while most other leg enchants are holding pretty steady.

Quote Originally Posted by Talindra View Post
    The weapons we craft are 476, in addition, the staff's are bound to our account. The fans are the sellable items. The shoulder enchants are easier to get, but a lower source of income than the spellthreads.

And I'm not just complaining about tailoring. Every other profession with a 1 day CD can use less spirits, Living steel is worth more on my server than a Scroll of Wisdom, yet it requires less spirits.
    The market prices of 1 day CD mats are based off of the original mats used to create them + a rarity cost. Most of these mats are being made with the original mats since SoH are worth more when used in other ways. So really living steel is worth ~6 Trillium bars + 100-200g and SoW would be 3 ink of dreams + 100-200g and 6 trillium bars>>3 ink of dreams. Even 8 bolts of windwool cloth is worth more than 3 ink of dreams, and the reason why tailoring epics are so expensive is that they require you to level to 90 and do 2+ weeks of dailies to get them. I was maxed an making DM cards on my lvl 85 along with making living steel on my 85 alts.

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 12:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talindra View Post
    Inscription has an initial push at the start of the expansion and will slowly slip as this expansion progresses, your belt buckles, spellthread, leg armor will stay around the same because of the spirit/CD while our shoulder enchants (even though we are the only ones producing them) will devalue slowly since they are just pumped with mats. Already prices have slipped to 300-500g while most other leg enchants are holding pretty steady.
    You would rather use your CD on shoulder enchants or SoH on them? The price would go up but then you wouldnt be selling as many because you couldnt make as many. Those other 3 enchants also require rep to obtain while shoulder enchants are learned from a trainer so that also puts a more premium price on them.

Also the worth of these items will go down with the price of SoH which is currently linked to golden lotus x 3, the most expensive mat you can buy with them. Once golden lotus is more common SoH prices will fall and so will items created with them.

What they really need to do is have more uses for the scrolls besides cards and BoAs which wont be useful in the next tier. They will probably have new staffs to craft but its not guaranteed and they havent had anything for JC to craft after the first tier since BC.