Poll: Your thoughts on attack ads?

Thread: Attack Ads

Attack Ads

Does it bother anyone else that "both" sides way of promoting themselves in advertisements is not through self promotion, but instead "I am the lesser of two evils"? Whenever I personally see an attack ad, all I can think is they are going to do "better" than the other person, but the definition of "better" for them means winning X ballot and nothing more.

Am I the only one sick of attack ads?
    Last edited by PvPisthelifeforme; 2012-10-20 at 08:39 AM.

Policies are fair game, the personal attacks are not IMO.

Oh, politics.

The whole american system is kind of flawed really,. Choose A or B,. instead of open choice like we have here in Holland.
    Not saying we got a perfect system either,. but what's up there is really,.. i can't fathom how it can keep working - after all - you somehow managed to get BUSH as a president... .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
    That alone is proof that the system needs a radical overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Oh, politics.

The whole american system is kind of flawed really,. Choose A or B,. instead of open choice like we have here in Holland.
    Not saying we got a perfect system either,. but what's up there is really,.. i can't fathom how it can keep working - after all - you somehow managed to get BUSH as a president... .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
    In an open system like yours, the winner is declared by plurality, not necessarily majority
    Bush was one of only two presidents in American history to be elected by plurality and not majority.

Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Oh, politics.

And just a few years later USA might get something that is more extreme and out of touch in Romney. Never thought we would see the day when Bush is looking like a liberal.