Deleted

Prayer of Healing addon

Hey there,
    I'm looking for an addon that shows me which targets I hit with PoH when I cast it on a player. Basically I'm just looking for anything that would be an indicator if I chose the correct target for my PoH spell since I find myself struggling with hitting more than 2 people on some fights in the new raid. Especially the ones where people are spread out and I want to preshield them with Spirit Shell.

I know Grid and Vuhdo can do this but I just can't get used to other raidframes. I don't feel comfortable using them and feel like the standard raidframes show me everything I need except for this one thing. So I'm looking for a standalone addon to help me with this problem.

I hope someone can help me.

Deleted
    Cant the standard raid/party frame show incoming heals? I have never used the standard raid frames, so forgive me if im mistaken.

POH has a 30yard range so even if they are spread out, you should be able to pre-shield them...I've not really had a problem with not hitting the entire group with my PoH. My raid frames gray out if they are out of range so I know who wont be getting my heals. I try to make sure that I am always in range of my guys...of course I raid 10mans and that might not always be possible in 25 mans.

there is an Aegis tracker on curse however I haven't ever used it. If the group gets aegis they should get SS as well.

Deleted
    Yes, I raid 25 man. I believe in 10 man it would not be a problem to just position yourself in the middle and just target someone next to you and yourself to cover the whole raid. The problem lies within the fact that I want to spam PoH in certain phases and can't really check where 24 other players are standing at that moment.
    The standard raidframes does show incoming heals, yes. But it also shows them if they are not even in range.

I would look into getting grid...

There's a powerful add-on for PoH for Grid.

And honestly, the standard frames aren't good enough.

Keep in mind PoH's range is 30 yards from the selected player, within that players group. So even if you are within 30 yards of everyone that doesn't necessarily mean the player you're targeting is within 30 yards of his group. Sometimes it helps if you work with your raid leader and ask him to put all the melee in the same groups, and the ranged in the same groups. Like Elegon if you have people taking left and right sparks, maybe you want all the melee on the right to be in group 2 and all the melee in the left to be in group 1.

Deleted
    Yea, seems ur raid groups aren't set up properly for PoH.
    Its 30yards and it normally should hit everyone in the same group, i never had issues and thus i never used a PoH addon for grid.

Than again i raid 10mans only.

i used to terrorize raid leader to let me sort groups, as i think priests (with their poh) been only ones to care since cata came out
    had melle grouped with melle and so on, so i had a guarantee to hit at least 4 ppl with poh

i recommend trying out an addon with a nice cluster view (you can see who will be hit by poh when you cast it on given target, before cast).
    i use vuhdo, it might be a pain to set up at the start (lots and lots of tutorials and youtube movies on it though), but once you set it up, you will fall for it.

Deleted
    Hey there, thanks for all the answers so far.
    I really appreciate your suggestions but I really don't like either Grid nor Vuhdo. I'm used to raiding with the standard frames and I don't really think they lack anything besides this one thing. At least that's my impression since I ranked 2nd disc on Feng25 last night. If my output was subpar I'd consider changing but I can't find any settings that really satisfy me.
    I can't really say what I don't like about them exactly but they just seem so out of place in my interface and I don't like the way they look.

So... I guess there's no standalone addon for this then. But I think I'll try negotiating with the raid lead to give me assist so I can change the groups. I didn't really think of that until you pointed it out.
    For Feng it really helped me to put 1 melee into each group so I would always hit the entire group when Feng is tanked in the center of the room.

I only really heal 10m and I use healbot. Luckily, I have assist so I can set up the groups to make most sense for PoH use. This is KEY for me! I tend to put melee in group 1 and ranged in group 2, unless it's a fight where the raid will be split up in a different configuration (Elegon comes to mind.) I try to position myself in a mid point in these cases and just cast it on myself.

Only vuhdo and grid are the ones I know of that will show you who you'll be hitting for sure, although I do have healbot set up to show incoming heals so that helps if I'm WAY off and won't hit more than 1-2 people.