Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because reviews do matter. Name the last time you purchased a big-ticket item like a TV, major appliance, movie or so on without looking at at least ONE review to see what others thought of it?

    Now when it comes to a series like this, most of us will purchase it because we liked it in the past. For those who were disillusioned by Cataclysm, they might want to see reviews before taking the plunge and hoping things changed for them.
    Reviews does not matter, otherwise bad games wouldn't get good reviews. All that matters is money.

  2. #22
    It's simple. People post reviews as if its factual information of the state of the game. For example:

    Let's post all of the ToR reviews of 9/10 before the game even launches. Therefore all of the WoW fanbois on mmo-champion (A WoW site!) will fear it.

    Let's post all of the WoW reviews after MoP launches of 8/10 (Average score, and how is that even bad?) to let all the WoW fanbois on mmo-champion (A WoW site!) that MoP is the worst expansion yet because it got a good score?

    This how the process works.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Only one smart person here.
    You mistake reviews for scores. Reviews are nice to look at, weight the good with the bad. Scores (% and x/y) are useless and need to go.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    32,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Suizid View Post
    Reviews does not matter, otherwise bad games wouldn't get good reviews. All that matters is money.
    There is a difference between real reviews from critics and users and paid-for-reviews.



  5. #25
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    I'd rate it lower.

    Its got some really good points, but its conflicting game design that makes it frustrating.

    they put sole emphasis on dailies, which are mind numbingly boring, they put in double rep grinds and lock VP gear behind them making them hae a double or tripple barrier to obtaining them.

    They put lots of players in one place, and yet the mechanics of wow discourage beign around other players outside of instances....

    Pandaria is good its just the retarded decisions Bliz has made to gate content in the most frustrating way possible and the way the daily quest hub work against the core mechanics of the game.

  6. #26
    People "review" products on Amazon with 1 out of 5 stars because they were too dumb to read a manual. People rate a game low because they lost in PvP. People rate a game low because there's a DLC out. People rate products high because there's a stylized apple on it. So, yeah, reviews - buurp.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    People "review" products on Amazon with 1 out of 5 stars because they were too dumb to read a manual. People rate a game low because they lost in PvP. People rate a game low because there's a DLC out. People rate products high because there's a stylized apple on it. So, yeah, reviews - buurp.
    That killed me. Thank you for that.

  8. #28
    If this were any other game... good or bad review. Everyone would be ranting of a "non-reputable source" or "bias review". Just an observation, that's all. I give MoP a 0% since I didn't buy the game.

  9. #29
    Sounds about right since arena and pvp in general is in a pretty bad state atm but everything else is somewhat fine, except dailies.

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire Vinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Climbin' In yo Windows
    Posts
    422
    Sigh... Threads like these what's the point?

    If you like the game you like it, you don't you don't. Can't people develop opinions for themselves? It's amazing how much time people waste trying to find or nit-pick whether or not a source is credible on their own ratings.

    And how the hell do you take something as big as MoP and turn it into a number rating? There's way too many aspects to be able to clump it into one percentage, and as stated before, It can be incredibly skewed by people who have had negative experiences in-game...

    e.g. "Oh This game SUCKS, I've done Sha of Anger 3 weeks in a row and I haven't gotten ONE piece of loot... this game is BS --- Off to websites to rate it"

    Edit: I think a sample size of 14 people is an accurate representation of how 10+ million people feel about a game. Give me a break!
    Last edited by Vinho; 2012-10-21 at 03:25 PM.

  11. #31
    Eugh, not really bothered what critics say, if I am having fun then I am having fun.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    Sigh... Threads like these what's the point?
    I don't really understand your question. I just informed people how MoP reviews look right now, whats wrong with that? I just want to know people opinions - if they agree with this score or not.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    People "review" products on Amazon with 1 out of 5 stars because they were too dumb to read a manual. People rate a game low because they lost in PvP. People rate a game low because there's a DLC out. People rate products high because there's a stylized apple on it. So, yeah, reviews - buurp.
    I actually agree with this guy. And I have never looked at a review for anything, unless it would mean sinking a rather large amount of money into something that I know nothing about.

  14. #34
    where is all the talk about blizzard not resetting MMR, no weps for honor or the increase number of bots? i hate reviews

  15. #35
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,452
    Game ratings have been horribly off most of the time for the past decade at least. Any hyped sequel to a popular game will get a high rating. An empty box with the words "Call of Duty" on it would get at least 80% just to not upset the fans. The only thing that ratings tell you is how big the PR budget was.


    And the whole point of having a 0-100 scale is of course lost when nothing ever seriously scores below 60%. On a more traditional 1-5 "stars" scale, 83% would be four out of five, which is a good rating.
    Last edited by Alltat; 2012-10-21 at 03:40 PM.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  16. #36
    Fluffy Kitten Callei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Δ Hidden Forbidden Holy Ground
    Posts
    10,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/64769...ria/index.html

    Almost 1 month after release, Mists of Pandaria have only 83.43% score based on 14 reviews. What do you guys think? Do you agree with this score?
    You say only like being less than 20% shy of a perfect score, blowing the median out of the water, is a bad thing...

    Awesome sig by Elyaan is awesome.

  17. #37
    Woah, only 83%. Since when is 8/10 a bad score? Well I guess it is if you judge from the metacritic style user score where new overhyped games like GW2 get 10/10 and an expansion for WoW with quitters who should have left long ago come to whine and give 0s on launch day due to connection issues.

    Stupid players giving stupid scores.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-10-21 at 04:04 PM.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

  18. #38
    83.43% based on 14 reviews sounds good!

  19. #39
    The Patient Meeria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    West Sussex, England
    Posts
    276
    To me reviews are only a small part of deciding if I want a game or not. I mean sure if everyone is saying how terrible the game is, then I might pass on it. To me the trailer and gameplay videos are the biggest factor. If the overall atmosphere of the game appeals to me and feels right, I'll buy it without thinking about it too much.

    It's the same with films really, like Sucker Punch got awful reviews but I loved it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    You say only like being less than 20% shy of a perfect score, blowing the median out of the water, is a bad thing...
    Comparing to score of other WoW expansions, 83% is low.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •