Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Which Weapon to go for for PvP?

hey guys

so i cant see myself being good enough to get the points to buy a pvp weapon as although i really like pvp im not that good at it.

I wanted to know until next season when there are honour weapons, what can i go for for pvp use? I dont raid either so pretty much just have heroics as an option or craftables!

Thanks for any tips, at the moment i have the staff from the level 90 challenge

Doesn't really matter. Most go with daggers because they don't have as much of the overblown enchant graphics.

Just avoid wands. They're a trap. They use your GCD when you autoattack with them.

If you just do BGs/cap in arenas every week you'll have it in a few weeks. No need to close yourself off from enjoying a powerful weapon through PVP. Any other weapons will come from dungeons or LFR, not PVP. So if you want to PVP, PVP. Even doing tons of a BGs every week will cap you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Just avoid wands. They're a trap. They use your GCD when you autoattack with them.
    Only if you play Demo... Wands are great for Orc since you get 1% expertise = 1% spell hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    If you just do BGs/cap in arenas every week you'll have it in a few weeks. No need to close yourself off from enjoying a powerful weapon through PVP. Any other weapons will come from dungeons or LFR, not PVP. So if you want to PVP, PVP. Even doing tons of a BGs every week will cap you.
    i dont have the time to get cap every week hence not raiding. so basically yes i am denied it as it would take all season to earn the points required to be eligible to buy the wep!

Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    i dont have the time to get cap every week hence not raiding. so basically yes i am denied it as it would take all season to earn the points required to be eligible to buy the wep!
    If you play Destro/Demo use the dagger from Mogu'shan Palace. If you play Affli use the wand from Scholomance.

I'm sorry dude but I only do enough games to get point capped every week. I believe it is 9 until your 1350 conquest cap is made higher due to rating. It takes us maybe 20 mins to 30 mins tops (2v2), and that's with losing 2 or 3 games because I am terrible at arena. It will take you a few weeks to get a weapon. If 20-30 mins during the process of 7 days is just to much play time then I can't see how you even play this game at all. How are you level 90 even?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    If you play Destro/Demo use the dagger from Mogu'shan Palace. If you play Affli use the wand from Scholomance.
    i play destro afflic so will need both i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I'm sorry dude but I only do enough games to get point capped every week. I believe it is 9 until your 1350 conquest cap is made higher due to rating. It takes us maybe 20 mins to 30 mins tops (2v2), and that's with losing 2 or 3 games because I am terrible at arena. It will take you a few weeks to get a weapon. If 20-30 mins during the process of 7 days is just to much play time then I can't see how you even play this game at all. How are you level 90 even?
    you need like 7.5k to be able to buy a wep, so at 1.3k a week max thats like a month and a half, i cant always get cap as i never win in arena so need to do random BG's, hoard never win in my bg so i have to farm points off lucky wins. ive played all day and only just gotr the challenge bonus for a win..

10+ Year Old Account
    Dagger/Oh is currently the best combo you can get at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by paulywally View Post
    Dagger/Oh is currently the best combo you can get at the moment.
    What makes it the best?

Staff, 1hand/OH doesn't matter. It's personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    What makes it the best?

Staff, 1hand/OH doesn't matter. It's personal preference.
    165 extra intellect doesn't matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Doesn't really matter. Most go with daggers because they don't have as much of the overblown enchant graphics.

Er so don't autoattack on a caster? You know the left mouse button is right next to the right mouse button...

165 extra intellect doesn't matter?
    Then why does the staff even exist if the stats aren't the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Er so don't autoattack on a caster? You know the left mouse button is right next to the right mouse button...
    You can't control this in meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    Then why does the staff even exist if the stats aren't the same?
    What would be the point of having same stats?

I was referring to the off-hand enchant that gives 165 intellect. In general, if you have a 1H+OH and a 2H with same ilvl the 1H+OH will be better because of that enchant, even if there's usually a bit more stats on the 2H.

Like in DS if you played a priest healer, there was a staff dropping from Warmaster and the other option being a Mace from Morchok and off-hand from Ultraxion. The staff alone had 28 more intellect, 5 more secondary stats and 3 less spell power. So the staff had better stats but the 1H+OH combo had the 40 intellect enchant making it slightly better.

This was in the final tier and on heroic mode. In the beginning of MoP the 1H+OH combo will be much better than a 2H with same item level for quite some time, since the enchant is stronger right now than it will be later on when gear gets higher stats. At the end of this expansion the decision is likely going to be based on what secondary stats you get instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Totems. Free 4k hits between casts. Welcome to casters. First day?

Deleted
    so guys i think im going to gridn the 5 weeks of cap to get a wep.

When i finally get there do i go staff or MHOH? I play primarily destro and some affliction

so guys i think im going to gridn the 5 weeks of cap to get a wep.

When i finally get there do i go staff or MHOH? I play primarily destro and some affliction
    165 int or no 165 int, your choice bro.

Deleted
    165 int or no 165 int, your choice bro.
    so obv one is better than the other, which has the bonus int?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtth View Post
    You can't control this in meta.
    Im using a /stopattack macro in front of touch of chaos, works like a charm.