Latest secret deathknight pvp nerf.

Dark Simulacrum can no longer be casted on people who you are not facing....

Good on Blizzard for not telling us we was nerfed once more...

Was mashing my DSC bind and nothing was working then I noticed "Must be facing target"...

This has been the case since the release of patch 5.0, so it's old news.

And yes, it sucks pretty heavily.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

10+ Year Old Account
    That explains why i was not able to sim anything of the frost mage yesterday when he had me rooted and was not infront of me... This is a nasty change indeed.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Deleted
    Yeah, 'cause it's so horribly difficult to twitch your mouse a centimeter or two to face your opponent... Meh, I kinda understand not appreciating Blizzard keeping it quiet, but it's not such a big deal imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bersaerk View Post
    Yeah, 'cause it's so horribly difficult to twitch your mouse a centimeter or two to face your opponent... Meh, I kinda understand not appreciating Blizzard keeping it quiet, but it's not such a big deal imo.
    Dark Sim is situational at best, any nerfs just make it that much less useful. Also have you try turning around when rooted, when fighting a frost mage you will be in that position most of the time and using dark sim wherever the mage is is quite useful.

As a whole i dont understand why would it be nerfed, its not like tihs skill is making us OP in any way, the best thing you can do is steal a CC or a heal, and in arena, chances of you duplication anything useful are 0.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found this quite annoying as well. Why change that? It was hardly OP in the first place.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty random to begin with. I'd rather like if it was tied to the class and spec you sim'd, not what random spell they happened to toss out at the time. At least it would be more reliable..

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh so it was changed. I swapped to my DK this expac and was wondering why my focus dark sim wasn't going off a lot (which is where I feel like it hurts the most). Was this in the patch notes anywhere? I don't remember seeing the change when 5.0 came out. I realize this thread was marked "secret nerf" but I don't recall hearing about this at all, which is surprising in a game with such a large community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by byouki View Post
    when are you ever not facing you target?
    Arena's? Where you cast it on your focus or when you have an arena target macro for it instead of turning your camera to click on enemies.

I mainly used it while running for a LoS, sometimes you got a nice blink, frost nova captured.
    Now that plan is down the drain, going to have to try the o'l hunter strafe.