Thread: Fury priority

Fury priority

The fury guide was a bit unclear on how we prioritize raging blow (RB) and wild strikes (WS)

Here's what I've got so far, bloodthirst > colossus smash > raging blow > non-bloodsurge wild-strikes: This is for maintenance and burn

1. Maintenance (building up rage for CS spamming)

Do we prioritize RB oorr bloodsurge proc'd WS?

2. Colossus Smash 6 sec window

Do we prioritize RB or BS proc'd WS?

3. Execute Phase

Whats the priority here? CS > Exe > BT > RB > WS? What about bloodsurge proc'd WS?

TLR - I prioritize raging blow and bloodsurge differently depending on how many stacks and time left on buffs as I view 'wasting' a proc to be a greater offense than a flat prioritization of one ability over another.

Personally I like to never miss/delay bloodthirst for the reasons that it A) provides the rage needed for everything else and B) allows me to form some semblance of a 'rotation' that looks like BT - Something - Something: repeat.

THAT said, my next choice is that I prefer to manage the actual procs more than follow a flat A>B>C. Said another way: I'm trying to fill as many 'something, something' windows with CSs, Raging Blows, and Blood-surged Wildstrikes while avoiding putting myself in a scenario where I am pushing bloodthirst when I already have 2 stacks of raging blow (worst) or bloodsurge already up (lesser offence).

So my actual priority, worded out, would look something like:

If 2 stacks of Raging Blow - Use one immediately + Dragon Roar/CS/2nd RB/Whirlwind (with raging wind glyph)

If 0-1 stack of Raging Blow + Bloodsurge Active - I will prioritize 3x Bloodsurged Wildstrikes knowing that I can still 'hold' another charge on my raging blow from the BT coming up but I CAN'T hold a second bloodsurge.

If 1 stack of Raging Blow but no Bloodsurge Active - I will prioritize Dragon Roar > CS > RB, depending on what's available, else I default to RB + WW (raging wind actually makes whirlwind hit harder than wild strike and the rage cost is the same [and if 2+ targets are nearby the gains are obviously even larger]).

If 0 stack of Raging Blow but no Bloodsurge Active - This is when I will attempt to use berserker rage and get myself into the previously mentioned scenario. If I can't then I will fill those 2 globals between bloodthirsts with the same Dragon Roar and/or CS, depending on if one, or both, are available and cleaning up any still yet empty globals with whirlwind (if I have a leftover raging wind buff) shouts, full cost wild strikes, and heroic throws.

Heroic strike is total garbage for anything BUT a rage dump.

Execute phase pretty much boils down to BT on cooldown, CS on cooldown (but around BT), and Execute as often as possible otherwise. If you find yourself between bloodthirsts, AND out of rage to execute, those are good globals for dragons roar, shouts, and heroic throws as these skills are either free or actually generate rage.

I don't believe spending rage on anything except execute is efficient below 20%.

Sorry if that comes across as overly wordy :P
    Last edited by Famine; 2012-10-22 at 07:48 AM.

execute phase is BT, CS, execute, being top priority so if in execute phase and no rage, use RB. During execute phase all rage must go to execute and nothing else for best dps but keeping BT on CD and CS up is top priority.

Just love seeing 220k executes !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy valmer View Post

Just love seeing 220k executes !
    You love seeing low damage executes ?

Deleted
    Mmhmh on elegon my 2 execute crits for 6.386.106(total amount). I felt so sad, only 2 crit under reck and banner
    Last edited by mmoc476704b91d; 2012-10-22 at 05:26 PM.

I'm having mixed feelings of the priority inside a CSmash window.
    RB > WS (proc'd > BT > WS?

RB is our hardest hitting ability aside from execute. So naturally it's our number 1 move inside the CS window pre-20%.

Now WS hits harder than BT so proc'd WS will be number 2.

So does unproc'd WS have priority over BT in the CS window? Also is it worth delaying BT for 2 stack RB or proc'd WS?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say BT> WS even procced as if you have 1 RB charge pre Csmash and you crit on Csmash, you can RBx2 then BT and if BT crits you just did 3xRB inside a Csmash, at least from my NeedtoKnow timer (has Csmash as lasting .5 sec longer than 6 seconds, could be an error).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    I'm having mixed feelings of the priority inside a CSmash window.
    RB > WS (proc'd > BT > WS?

RB is our hardest hitting ability aside from execute. So naturally it's our number 1 move inside the CS window pre-20%.

Now WS hits harder than BT so proc'd WS will be number 2.

So does unproc'd WS have priority over BT in the CS window? Also is it worth delaying BT for 2 stack RB or proc'd WS?
    Its not just what hits harder. You have to remember that BT has x2 crit chance, procs enrage, and generates rage.

If you spec for Raging Wind Your priority is Collossus Smash - Bloodthirst - Raging Blow - Wild Strike w proc - Whirlwind w proc - Wild Strike without a proc.
    Dragon Shout is used outside of the CS window as a rotational filler, if you don't have RB or WS procced.

If you are a Titan's Grip Fury Warrior you should spec for Raging Wind, procced it hits harder than Wild Strike, and on any fight with cleaves your damage will skyrocket.
    Apocalypse, Juggernaut, Engine of War.
    Piercing your chest with pure hate.
    Twisting within the great heart of all things
    Exist only to obliterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Heroic strike is total garbage for anything BUT a rage dump.
    Wrong. You should use it inside a CS.