Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by grandadypurp View Post
    still doesnt explain how my first 20 shards i was getting 1 every 800-1.2k some kills then all of the sudden when im looking for 21st i dont see any for 6.5k kills
    Just because you perceive a regularity it doesn't mean there is one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got two skyshards on the second day MoP came out. Haven't seen any since and I usually kill a silly amount of mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Blizz was going to limit how many you can get, why would they stop at 20?

You just got bad RNG (to make up for the good RNG you've had so far). Just keep killing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen the Blue Protodrake drop only twice, ever. They dropped during 2 consecutive UP runs, I won the first roll. I've seen the Drake of the North Wind drop 5 times in VP during the first week of Cata, I won none. RNG is a bitch and a %-chance is not to be confused with a guaranteed win after X-amount of kills. Wether it's kill #1 or kill #2984375293847, if there is a 0.15% chance of a shard dropping, it will be that 0.15% chance of a drop for every single kill.

Deleted
    Found one shard on my last day of dailies for hitting revered. Haven't gone back since.

well it was just bad rng and i just got my 21st shard

Alright so i have gotten a total of 20 skyshards. I have the mount for myself and i sold it to someone. Now im trying to farm a 3rd set to sell again but i havnt been able to get my 21st skyshard. Now i know people will say im having bad rng, but i don't think that's the case. during the first 2 sets i was getting a shard every 800-1.2k kills. after i killed alani for the second time i am currently 6k kills into farming and havnt seen a single shard. with a drop rate of .15% i should have seen at least 4 of them already. My only conclusion is that blizzard set a limit to 20 skyshards per toon.
    How much are you selling the mounts for?

I've got 3, and I got those 3 fairly, quickly, but since then, nada. I think they have nerfed the drop rate.
    Welcome to America. Here is your corrupt politician, complementary gun, and your fixed news. Hope you enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    well it was just bad rng and i just got my 21st shard
    Whats that you say?... 'Bad RNG'? but but, nm... congrats.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad RNG.. I kinda want to slap you in the face.. with a chair.. I'm near exalted and have yet to get 1, and i usually kill 100 or so extra mobs a day just to help odds.

(1-.0015)^6000 = ...

... = the chance you would experience 6000 consecutive 99.85% likelihood events.

And the number is .00012, which is .012 percent, which means you are one very unlucky dood, or you are on to something with the 20 shards rule, or the drop rate has changed.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got my first one of these today wrapping up Golden Lotus dailies. Didn't even know what it was at first.

As to RNG, yep, it's just that.

For instance, in 4.3, I wanted to get my Pally T4 for xmog, and I had a bitch of a time getting the Pally glove token off of Curator in Kara. Figure he ALWAYS drops a glove token, and I was soloing it so I didn't have to roll against anyone, it took me 18 weeks before I got it.

Now, 3 different tokens, which is a 33.333333% each attempt for him to drop it. Or a 66.6666667% chance that he would not. It took 18 tries, so 17 times not dropping.

.66667 ^ 17 = 0.1015% chance that would have taken 18 tries, but there it was.

So RNG is RNG.

very first time in MC got a binding. didnt see the other for a year.

rng is dumb sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got both Ashes of Al'ar and Rivendare's death charger after killing the respective bosses 30 times each. I obtained the azure drake two weeks after obtaining the blue drake from Malygos. I obtained the grey riding camel with my first mysterious camel figurine. I also have the fiery warhorse, raven lord, blue proto drake, both the old zulian tiger and raptor, white hawkstrider, black and twilight drakes, randomly happened upon poseidus, and got the eye of sulfuras on my first Ragnaros kill.

At the same time, in four years I have not seen any holiday mount besides the brewfest ram drop even once, have not won the roll for a single rare drop mount from a dungeon/raid while in a group, saw the DPS plate boots in lost city drop once in all of my runs (they were stolen by the healer,) have obtained, via heavy farming of silicate feeders in AQ20, EVERY piece from the glorious plate set EXCEPT the one I'm looking for (legplates) and have gotten a single skyshard after having killed thousands of mobs in vale of eternal blossoms (and it was from the golden lotus daily cache.)

So in summation, RNG is RNG. The chance for an item to drop-- any item-- is the same no matter HOW many times you kill an NPC. Think of it like flipping a coin... if you flip a coin and get heads, does that guarantee your next flip will be tails? Each individual flip of the coin is an independent outcome, just as killing an NPC for loot is.

Complaining that your 21st skycrystal wont drop, when you only need 10 for the actual mount, and are 21 more than your average person has, is as hypocritical as me complaining that my luck is bad because black war mammoth wont drop when I solo VOA.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.