Failing at making gold with JC/Enchanting. Need help

I was able to make a million during Cata doing the ore shuffle and cutting all my rare Orange, Purple, and Red gems into popular cuts and then using the green gems to craft rings/necklaces to DE. I didnt even bother selling scrolls because usually the mats sold for more plus they sold faster as people always undercut the hell out of each other with scrolls but they always bought lots of mats. But so far this expansion I cant make a damn thing. The only thing I have found to make gold was getting my DK to 600 inscription and just making a DMF card each day to sell because glyphs are even more brutal with competition than gems and I have a addon that can mass post and cancel and even reporting 5-6 imes a day I never sell more than 10 glyphs.

I have tried everything to make gold with my JC/Enchanter but I either break even or lose gold. This is what I have tried:

1. Tried normal shuffle and sold uncut rare gems. This was pretty good for the first week but now prices have tanked
    2. Tried normal shuffle and learned rare cuts to sell but I always learned the crappy ones and havent made much doing this.
    3. Tried normal shuffle and cut all my green gems into perfects that were selling for a lot and were also popular. I lost my ass on this as I fail at RNG and managed to only get like 12-15 perfects out of 5k worth of Ore. Also again with all the under cutting prices started out high but I lost gold because by the time all my gems finally sold it was for 1/5th of what they started at.
    4. Tried crafting rings and necklaces even though they took 3 gems each and then selling the mats. Lost gold
    5. Tried crafting rings and necklaces to DE then made scrolls. Took forever to sell due to undercutting and eventually lost gold.
    6. Tried crafting rare ilvl 450 rings and necklaces. I made 2-3 of each one and they started out at 1200-1500 each. I still have some left and they arent even selling for 250g each now. So lost gold.

Did Blizzard kill ore shuffle? Its really starting to piss me off that I only have 25k gold and I hate being poor. But no matter how cheap I get Ghost Iron for I still lose gold. Is there something Im not trying? How the hell could I make a million doing the same thing but now Im losing gold. Hell even when people thought the AH was dead the week before MoP launched I proved them wrong by going back to the same old Ore Shuffle and was making 10-15k every night the week before MoP went live. But now I cant make a damn thing selling anything.

I don't know about the ore shuffle, but enchanting money making is pretty much dead since we can now make any of the mats into any other mat and its really easy to acquire mats now...

I'd level a miner if you wanna do the ore shuffle, that way anything made is profit and you can sell ore too...

Deleted
    Tried the same you did, ended up with ~5% gain for like 2 hours of Prospecting, crafting and undercutting.

Since Spirits of Harmony are close to useless for JC/Enchanting I use them to buy Golden Lotus and sell it. Golden Lotus sells for ~200g each on my realm.
    I get 1.6 Spirits of Harmony per day on the farm, after dailies I usually end up with around 2 or 3 Spirits. 2 Spirits -> 6 Golden Lotus -> 1200g
    I could make a more if I sold a Sha Crystal every day but I keep them for the Weapon/Bracer enchants for my guild.

It's not much but it adds up after a while, I hope someone comes up with a better solution though.
    Last edited by mmoc8ac9755418; 2012-10-22 at 02:26 AM.

Honestly....alchemy right now. I can craft my living steel for about 200-400g (depending on Trillium xmute procs) and sell a belt buckle for 1k. 3 transmute alchemists means I'm putting out 3-12k (if all three proc 4 haha) a day with less than 1k put into it. Also took me about 1100g per toon to level 525-600 and made almost all that back in the pots i made.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KeirAdish View Post
    I'd level a miner if you wanna do the ore shuffle, that way anything made is profit and you can sell ore too...
    How exactly is this advice with regards to ore shuffling? You're basically saying "if you want to do the ore shuffle, get mining and sell ores" because there's no reason to prospect your own ores if you can sell them for more gold than if you were to invest time into getting other stuff out of it.

Anyway, it'll all eventually turn out alright imo. Jewelcrafting isn't exactly the hot profession at the start of an expansion. A lot of people see blue gear and don't want to spend gold on it, and a lot of casual guilds are still struggling with getting any bosses down (or leveling/gearing up). LFR is also not out for that long yet, and only 6/14 bosses. Same with reputation gear from valor points, or conquest gear; give it some time so that gear becomes more widely available and you should see demand go up (and with that most likely prices). Future patches with new content is always going to be nice for JC if you ask me as long as you stock up some beforehand. Obviously all of this may change from server to server.

But yes, things have changed compared to cata. I quite liked the way cata rewarded you if you had enchanting/alchemy as well to boost the ore shuffle for a nice extra. Now it's a lot more stand alone (or possibility to at least) than it was. You also need to take into account that on your realm a lot of people (too many?) are trying to find their spot in the JC market, they may give up once they realize what you are seeing. Another thing to think of is that the perfect cuts are also made while just leveling the profession. Even if there's people that just level it for the perks that the profession gives, they still have some valuable stuff instead of rather worthless green gems.

Personally I have 3 JC's, I just got all cuts and trying to spot cheap ores on AH and buy them. Not doing the disenchanting (swimming in mats from cloth-tailoring greenies) nor transmuting, just cut rare gems and cut uncommon ones, vendor the non-perfects. I sporadically post already, on weekly reset days the sales aren't too bad for my realm. Just waiting for a big boost once people will start buying more, then I'll make sure to have a reasonable stock of whatever I think will sell. I reckon it's the same on a lot of realm: market just isn't there quite yet, no real need to worry. People that put them now so low may also make a loss of it, or think incorrectly like the poster I quoted that "mats you gathered yourself are free".

Edit: also keep in mind that compared to 4.3, there's just a ton less sockets on gear. I'm talking like less than half of what we were used to a couple of months ago.
    Last edited by mmocfb5d9aca2a; 2012-10-22 at 02:56 AM.

I guess some minmal gold would be using the sha crystal cd witch will give you about 500g's other then that I know windsong was going well earlier when everyone was getting new weps not so sure now tho

Just wait two weeks and you will sell tons of gems with the new LFR.
    And make Shado-pan / August cellestials enchants

I'm not sure how you aren't making gold.

Even if you cut and DE the rings/necks you should still be making some decent gold. The raw gems usually sell for less then 1g so with the setting you're looking at around 4g to make one ring...that vendors for almost 9g if I'm not mistaken. Even if you DE the ring and get 1-4 spirit dusts, they usually sell for 3-5g each on my realm so while it's hit and miss on getting spirit dusts to cover the cost over the long run you'll get a few essences that may sell for 20+g along with the dusts so you should be making money just from a DE standpoint. I still make a few thousand a day profit doing it that way and would probably make more if I wasn't busy leveling alts.

And how on earth are you losing gold on the 450 stuff? Some of those just take a few regular green gems to make...and those green gems should be pretty cheap on most/all servers so you might be talking around 25g to make one item.
    Last edited by Marema; 2012-10-22 at 01:52 PM.