Thread: Shield Barrier

Deleted

Shield Barrier

Hello!

I am trying to find how is the absorb amount calculated for shield barrier, taking into account the rage aswell, not only factoring the 60 rage.

For example, i know that at 60 rage is the following: "Shield Barrier at 60 rage: max(2*(AP-Str*2), Sta*2.5)"
    But i do not know how much it would be at 20 or 30 rage aswell.

Also given that, i was trying to find an answer for the question. Should i "spam" Shield barrier, regardless of rage (obviously taking into consideration the minimum 20 rage cost) or should i wait till 60 rage, for a boss like Stone Guard for example.

Also i am not very good at Maths, so could someone pretty please set an example for the shield barrier calculation so i can understand a little better?

Thank you very much if you can help and for reading this.

PS: English grammar allert! Not my native language

Deleted
    I would suggest getting a tracker such as a script for weakauras to let you see exactly how much is left on Shield Barrier and how much time for fights you choose to use it on, its scaling is fairly linear so you can use it at low rage if you are taking or are going to be taking fairly significant damage before you hit 60 rage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    I would suggest getting a tracker such as a script for weakauras to let you see exactly how much is left on Shield Barrier and how much time for fights you choose to use it on, its scaling is fairly linear so you can use it at low rage if you are taking or are going to be taking fairly significant damage before you hit 60 rage
    So if i understand it as linear, a 100k Sbar at 60 rage, means that at 30 rage it would be 50k right? I also installed protwarbar addon, recommend in the sticky. Ty

At 30 rage your 100k sbar would be 33k, because it only uses 20/40/60 rage. 30 would just use up 20.

Deleted
    that would be stupid ;-P it uses everything you have over 20 and below 60 - however it does scale linearly as in at 20 you get less then at 25, and at 30... you don't get the same absorb amount for the 20-39 range >.<

Code:
    function SlamAndAwe:EstimateShieldBarrier()
        local curRage = UnitPower("player", "rage")
        if curRage >= 20 then
          local _, STR, _, _ = UnitStat("player", 1)
          local _, STA, _, _ = UnitStat("player", 3)
          local APbase, APposBuff, APnegBuff = UnitAttackPower("player")
          local APfinal = APbase + APposBuff + APnegBuff
          local sbMaxRage = 60

return floor(max((2*(APfinal - STR * 2)), ((2.5 * STA)*(min(curRage,60)/sbMaxRage))))
         else
          return 0
         end  
    end
    Awdi - US Illidan
    SlamAndAwe (Warriors)
    ShockAndAwe (Enhancement Shamans)