When to switch to fury from arms?

Hey guys,
    Been raiding as arms and have been doing quite well, but am wondering when I shood make the switchover to fury?
    Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anyeezi/simple
    I have the heroic 2h mace from shado pan as well as a second heroic axe of the same one I'm using. I also have one of the 1h axes off heroic jade serpent, and another heroic 1h sword. So I have the weapons to go tg or smf, but know that fury isn't as good as arms at lower ilvl. Is my gear/crit good enough to make the switch? And if so, to tg or smf?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phatpat View Post
    Hey guys,
    Been raiding as arms and have been doing quite well, but am wondering when I shood make the switchover to fury?
    Here is my armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...anyeezi/simple
    I have the heroic 2h mace from shado pan as well as a second heroic axe of the same one I'm using. I also have one of the 1h axes off heroic jade serpent, and another heroic 1h sword. So I have the weapons to go tg or smf, but know that fury isn't as good as arms at lower ilvl. Is my gear/crit good enough to make the switch? And if so, to tg or smf?
    Thanks
    I was in the same predicament as you until last night when my guild downed Elegon on normal and I won the 1-handed axe. Before I give my advice, be aware that it is based solely upon my personal experience in MV and running different Chardev gearsets through Simcraft (most of them set to 600 second fights because we were stuck on Elegon), so you might see different results depending on the fight.

In my opinion, Arms is the 'safest' choice for DPS with the 463 weapons. I ended up going TG Fury for Elegon to whirlwind/meat cleaver the Energy Charges and it worked fine. If you do decide to go Fury, then definitely go TG at this gear level for the extra secondary stats. SMF is better in normal and heroic BiS, but every Warrior in a top guild who was fury went TG if they had 463 weapons. Regardless, if you stay Arms or go TG, then you should farm the 2 handed axe in Scholomance that drops from Rattlegore. Lots of Crit and Expertise and you are an Orc. Furthermore, if you go TG (or SMF), make sure that your red sockets have crit/exp; blue sockets have crit/hit; and yellow sockets have straight crit. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. When I first hit 90 I farmed scarlet halls and scholo for a 2h axe (took like a week until one finally dropped) and so once I got the scarlet halls axe I stopped farming....I think it's time to start doing scholo again for that axe (especially since its only the 3rd boss). Would you suggest I try out tg in the upcoming raid week? I'm thinking of comparing my dps of the two specs on a dummy just to check, because I tried about two weeks (and 15ilvls ago) and arms had a huge lead so I stuck with arms.
    I'm interested in seeing if that has changed much

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a more detailed response typed but my phone ate it so I say replace your critless neck/cape/boots with honor/conq/ 463 stuff even though they are 476, get the Headpiece off headless horseman because it is once again overbudgeted, get windsong on your weapon, get the conq legs ASAP cause they are better than normal tier ignoring set bonus, and get the scholo axe or sword if your luck sucks.

I have the scholo hit/crit sword and shado-pan crit/mastery mace as TG human fury, and the Klaxxi exhalted swords as SMF and simcraft says SMF is 5% higher. I might want to sim it again.

The heroic leap glyph helps with mobility/AoE and if you are pro single target, and I personally like the victory rush glyph a lot for fights with adds like Gara'jal, Elegon and Will (have not seen it on normal yet) and its retarded good for 5 mans/ dailies
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-10-22 at 05:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I had a more detailed response typed but my phone ate it so I say replace your critless neck/cape/boots with honor/conq/ 463 stuff even though they are 476, get the Headpiece off headless horseman because it is once again overbudgeted, get windsong on your weapon, get the conq legs ASAP cause they are better than normal tier ignoring set bonus, and get the scholo axe or sword if your luck sucks.
    ....and go fury? Hehe

Quote Originally Posted by phatpat View Post
    Would you suggest I try out tg in the upcoming raid week? I'm thinking of comparing my dps of the two specs on a dummy just to check, because I tried about two weeks (and 15ilvls ago) and arms had a huge lead so I stuck with arms. I'm interested in seeing if that has changed much
    When I ran my sims for Elegon before the raid last night on my Warrior (473 ilvl at the time), Arms was pulling roughly 500 dps ahead of TG. I went TG because the raid leader had asked me to cleave the Energy Charges. I know there are many Warriors in top-end guilds right now who are sticking with Arms, so its just as "legitimate" as Fury is right now with everyone's current gear levels. So, it all depends on what you (or your RL) wants to do for a fight. You might want to test out Fury in some 5 mans or LFR to get a feel for it first.

One last thing, there are a ton of competing opinions on gemming floating about it seems. If you really want to know what is correct, then sim it. From my experience, Fury suffers a lot more from having Arms gems than vice versa. So, if you want to use both specs interchangeably, then gem for Fury.

Shameless post to my blog where I explain how to sim your own weights below.

http://skillherald.wordpress.com/

Last edited by Flexecute; 2012-10-22 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sorry go fury unless you get only 1 lfr/normal starshatter. Gems are cheap so dont be afraid to regem your stuff and experiment.

Also herbalism is trash for dps and gold so I would get Inscr instead, good 320 str bonus and it's a good moneymaker even if you just sell card cooldowns. Leveling from 0 might be a pain though, but 525 to 600 on release day cost me only 3k.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-10-22 at 05:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    I use this standard: play the spec you have best weapons for, and if equal, smf>tg>arms.
    Currently sitting on normal Starshatter and Fanged Crescent (>.>) so rolling arms until I get another one of either.

im personally going to switch to fury once i get raid weapons.

personally Ive stayed arms for our heroic progress, feels more comfortable to play at these gear levels and sim's higher for me than fury with 480 i level, still pulling higher dps than most other fury warriors so Im sticking with arms until maybe late heart of fear once my crit levels get up a bit. Arms feels very wep dependant though, if you have no decent normal i level wep then I'd say go fury it seems better with 463 weps especiialy 1h fury, but if you get a 489 2h from elegon id try arms as it seems to pull massive numbers