Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Welcome back Holymorph,

And indeed RIFT Lite will work with any version of the RIFT Client you get - they all go through the same patch server at the end of the day

Have fun!
    James "Elrar" Nichols
    Former Community Manager
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

Look at that, you even got a post from a Trion Community manager!

Hi Elrar, <3
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

I have to say the content rift offers blows wow out of the water but im haveing a hard time leaveing my 7 lvl 85s for rift is my only problem hard to let that go sigh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrar-Trion View Post
    Welcome back Holymorph,

And indeed RIFT Lite will work with any version of the RIFT Client you get - they all go through the same patch server at the end of the day

Have fun!
    WOW! A Trion CM directly responding to my post in a non-official forum... I feel special now haha

Right now downloading the client from Steam, I'll probably start my adventure tomorrow!

BTW guys, I have always been more in the role of melee dps or tank, which specs do you think I could enjoy the most? (played Retri Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight and Rogue on WoTLK and Cata).

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    I have to say the content rift offers blows wow out of the water but im haveing a hard time leaveing my 7 lvl 85s for rift is my only problem hard to let that go sigh...
    It's understandable. Just remember, in a year, you'll wish you'd started today.

Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    BTW guys, I have always been more in the role of melee dps or tank, which specs do you think I could enjoy the most? (played Retri Paladin, Warrior, Death Knight and Rogue on WoTLK and Cata).
    Clerics have 2 melee dps specs, 3 healing specs, 2 range dps specs and a tanking spec.

Warriors have 3 tanking specs, a support spec, and several melee dps specs (with a pet to boot). they are getting a ranged dps specs in SL.

Rogues have a tanking spec, 2 support specs (one with AOE heals being added in SL) and several MDPS and Rdps specs (with pets)

Mages have a healing spec (a melee spec in SL) and rest are RDPS specs.

I suggest you do some research prior to playing :P
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

WOW! A Trion CM directly responding to my post in a non-official forum... I feel special now haha

Right now downloading the client from Steam, I'll probably start my adventure tomorrow!

That's just the kind of company Trion is. You see Elrar here pretty frequently, we even had someone else from Trion post here one time. You can regularly see Elrar and devs online during Beta and testing events. When conquest came out they had a deal where Elrar and other devs were on live, playing conquest and if you participated in killing them you got a title. They have come kill the devs in PvP when they are testing new things. Usually once a week or so you'll see a GM in 1-29 chat talking with players, getting feedback and taking it to the devs. Not so much right now as they are busy with SL, but on the forums you regularly see the class leads posting, responding to questions. The devs are generally very active on the forums. Customer service is also great. Most issues I have heard about people calling were resolved in 5-10 minutes or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Not so much right now as they are busy with SL, but on the forums you regularly see the class leads posting, responding to questions. The devs are generally very active on the forums.
    It should be noted that the devs pop up constantly in-game during beta weekends, answering questions and updates on stuff. Sometimes they'll even put up server announcements with little more than "!".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'll start on Icewatch and see how things goes
    Welcome back to Rift, drop me a whisper in game if you want to join a Guild or press the G key in game which will bring up the Guild Finder and shows all the Guilds currently recruiting

First hit will be my Guild, Consortium, as it's the largest Guild on Icewatch...noticing plenty of slackers logging back on to check out the changes in 1.11 now, had +60 on last night..char name is same as Forum name, Slipmat

WOW! A Trion CM directly responding to my post in a non-official forum...
    Yeah you'll find Elrar and the rest of the team are awesome and always enthusiastic about the game, even after doing a 24-hour non stop game session for Charity over the past weekend, Elrar for Prez

I would like to ask if anyone knowes if transfer chars is possible since I want to move to another shard. Thx

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    if anyone knowes if transfer chars is possible since I want to move to another shard. Thx
    Yes, you can transfer to a new shard once a week, every week for free

I think you should i recently started a few weeks ago and am half way to level 50, and I have not been able to stop playing.

I love it because of the amazing graphics, and the talent tree's, so diverse.
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Deleted
    Thanks guys for the answers!

As a last question for you, I decided to roll a Warrior (since I have always been a melee player).

Which could be the best DPS combination of talents for the Warrior? (PvE wise).

Thank guys! Cya on Icewatch I'll probably whisper the guy who offered me guild, thanks!

Deleted
    yes.

Its probably the most innovative mmo out there. they really listen to the players and if possible put what the players want in game, It has a remarkably varied endgame with the best raiding of any MMO currently on the market.

Your choice if you like it or not, but its definatly worth trying.

Thanks guys for the answers!

As a last question for you, I decided to roll a Warrior (since I have always been a melee player).

Which could be the best DPS combination of talents for the Warrior? (PvE wise).

Thank guys! Cya on Icewatch I'll probably whisper the guy who offered me guild, thanks!
    right now there's two (seemingly great builds) for warriors as far as I can tell

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...riftblade.html - Riftblades
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...blade-dps.html - Spellblade

Please don't hesitate to ask on the official forums for guidance, no one will flame or troll you there for being new.

Thank you guys again, I think I'll start on Icewatch and see how things goes

I'm currently downloadint the RIFT client from Steam, will it work for the RIFT Lite? I prefer playing the first days/levels on a free account, then upgrading and paying the first month.

See you guys in-game!
    Should let someone Ascend a friend you. =) Get some nifty rewards for that.