Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Elegon 10man, freaking normal..

Alright here's the deal...

We're currently sitting on our 70th wipe on elegon, with only a couple of times making it to the burn phase.
    The tactic we're going for is 5-5 stacks, killing 2 protectors in the first phase, and 3-4 in the third phase.
    Our raid is divided into 2 groups during phase two, with each DPS assigned to an orb spawn.

Our setup is currently 2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 dps.
    Classes/specs: prot warr, prot pala, healer monk, healer shammy, fire mage, afflic lock, surv hunter, moonkin, spriest, rogue...

Here's tonights logs http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5526&e=5694

plus previous log http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-leccabjio43pp9e4/

I dont know what to do here, I dont how we can improve..
    If anybody has anything tip, idea, crazy ideas.. anything is welcome ...
    I'm close to slitting my wrists with rusty scissor, and ending it with death by 1000 paper cuts.
    Last edited by mmoc40b8fcafb5; 2012-10-23 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS could be better.... I'd honestly suggest going 5 sparks if you can, when my group started doing 5 sparks we got consistently better.

Deleted
    You need to shake your dps a bit, how are you dealing with 50% damage buff? Make sure your range dps from the rim and only restack when required and when add blows up. Also make sure you greed those few seconds before floor collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroomkin View Post
    oooooh, 5 sparks .. we can barely get 4 down, everytime..
    Isn't getting 4 down meaning you are getting 5 stacks? The buff is applied to the boss at the end of the cast of Draw Power, not when all of the sparks of a wave die. If you can get 5 waves down, you would end up with a 6th non-killed wave which would be 6 stacks on the boss. Am I correct here?

10+ Year Old Account
    you need 5 or 6 stacks each transition
    and not to say more dps .
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Deleted
    Yeah correct.
    We're trying to kill 4 waves of orbs, each time.. Leaving us with 5 stacks on the boss..
    But our mage, boomkin and spriest takes turns on missing an orb..

Tell us a little bit more about how you do the fight.

What's the reason your dying when you're not even getting to burn phase? If we don't know how you do it, we can't tell you how to improve.

4+4 sparks is fine, 5th round in each add phase is a small burn-phase on boss. Also, while in this phase, the monk has to make sure ReM is on all 10 targets, or at least 8.
    That way he heals all of them with little effort and the other healer can save some mana.

4th add in the third phase shouldn't be coming, try to work on that. Overall, you need a 10~k DPS increase from every player to beat the enrage timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozymandius View Post
    Isn't getting 4 down meaning you are getting 5 stacks? The buff is applied to the boss at the end of the cast of Draw Power, not when all of the sparks of a wave die. If you can get 5 waves down, you would end up with a 6th non-killed wave which would be 6 stacks on the boss. Am I correct here?
    Yes you are correct.
    @OP: Where are you wiping?
    What is causing the wipe?
    If it were enrage then I would say dps needs to step it up but you aren't dying to enrage you are not performing the fight correctly somehow.

Yea, there is a problem with your dps, they are quite low. My raid is made up of a DK and Druid tanks, myself (Ret), dps Monk, Enh Shammy, Priest and Shammy heals, Warlock and Hunter.
    So even my group being very melee heavy we still get a total of 9 sparks/orbs down, we choose to not get anymore, we could, but we decide to spend more time dpsing the boss instead.
    The fight is all about rotating personal and raid-wide defensive cooldowns, managing your stacks, never go over 10, and having very good Healers and DPS.

Deleted
    The cosmic sparks is what is killing you mostly. Be sure to have then disposed of quickly and you'll be sure to progress further.

Your raids dps is not to low to kill the boss ignore anyone who says otherwise here. Phase 3 with hero those numbers will jump up. I have no idea where you are wiping so saying dps is low makes 0 sense.

Once again what is causing the wipe. If dps was the problem you would be dying to enrage simple logic.

Deleted
    On our first kill we had people ranging from 90-100k, the week after that, 100-120k, and last week about the same. But yes, about a 10k DPS increase from every player to beat the enrage timer [clarification: not the enrage timer, rather having enough DPS to down him before the damage is unhealable - aka healers are oom]. I'm not sure if monk healers get Touch of Death, but if they do, they can use it to insta-kill an add that is about to reach the ends (I as a tank usually ToD the 5th or 6th one, depending on how many we are doing to help our others that may not fare as well).

Ok sparks. Once one totem/pillar is killed the boss starts casting mortar(adds pool on floor) faster (haste buff) so more adds will spawn if the totems are not being killed at the same time or close to it. Look at the achievement for this boss, you get the achievement for killing the boss correctly not for doing something out of the normal. We got the achievement on this boss our first kill. What ever spark dps is assigned to is also the pillar they should be responsible for.

As for the adds themselves have 1 tank on either side to grab them and take them to the middle once the floor is up. Having tanks spec into slowing talents helps also I believe our DK took chillblains. Once the floor is up get on it asap and AOE.
    Last edited by lockedout; 2012-10-22 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    i guess overall raid dmg is too low.
    we struggeled like you, had tons of wipes with no obvious reason.
    today we kicked out our two low dps (60-70k) and got some good guys (100-110k) and he was down within 5 trys...after 50 previous ones with the baddies.

also we did 12 stacks total. should be doable with a bit of tank help and cooldown timing.
    alsoooo i strongly suggest your mage to spec frost with his numbers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaak View Post
    Tell us a little bit more about how you do the fight.

What's the reason your dying when you're not even getting to burn phase? If we don't know how you do it, we can't tell you how to improve.

4+4 sparks is fine, 5th round in each add phase is a small burn-phase on boss. Also, while in this phase, the monk has to make sure ReM is on all 10 targets, or at least 8.
    That way he heals all of them with little effort and the other healer can save some mana.

4th add in the third phase shouldn't be coming, try to work on that. Overall, you need a 10~k DPS increase from every player to beat the enrage timer.
    Right now, we're forcing a wipe when we miss an orb.

I'm actually the monk, and with the raid spread out during orb phase, its impossible for me to ReM on everybody.. People are standing at the outskirts of the platform, so even if i'm standing on the boss, i cant reach them all.. But i'm sitting on roughly 85% mana left after each orb phase, and keeping me above 50k HPS.
    I'm rolling ReM blankets, combined with Uplift and spinning crane, topping tanks with EM before breaths..

1. If you are having trouble on orbs, make sure your tank is helping out your lowest DPS on each side. The tank/lowest dps should kill there orb fairly quickly and be able to help out on other orbs. In our kill, we put the tank and lowest dps in the middle on both sides. You can also do this with your healer and 2nd lowest dps on each side. Holy pallys have great dps for orbs, if you have one. **Also, make sure your people are in the bubble during this phase for 50% damage buff (Also, still need to reset stacks too)**

2. The "pillar" phase needs to be executed properly. We assign the same dps that are on each orb to the corresponding pillar. Each dps will dps down their pillar to 15% and stop until everyone has their pillar down to 15%. At 15% everyone burns their pillar. The reason we do this is because each pillar that dies increases the rate at which the adds spawn. If the pillars go down at the same time, then that means less adds and easier transition to boss.

3. Transitioning to the burn phase from the 2nd pillar phase has to be quick. Once the floor respawns, all dps need to be in the bubble and aoeing the adds down. During the burn phase, we reset our stacks at 6-8 depending on cds available. We had healers and ranged stack near the edge of the bubble because it provided more uptime for us on boss. Melee stacked on Elegon's butt and reset stacks at 6-8.

Last note: Once we got the pillar phase down we got a kill. Its important that your raid moves out of the puddles in that phase as well.

There a lot of subtleties in terms of positioning and uptime that DPS need to utilize on the boss.
    - Make sure to drag the Protector through melee so they can cleave for a second or two before it gets pulled out.
    - Make sure to push the damage at transition before the floor drops.
    - Drag the adds onto the boss before AoEing when the floor comes back up so the boss gets hit too.
    - Ranged can position themselves at the edge so that when they jump, their stacks reset to minimize loss of globals.
    - Ignore the charges when you feel one's going to hit. Focus that time on boss DPS.
    - DK can pestilence the boss to spread diseases to all of the sparks when they come out.

To push energy charges more consistently, assign your tanks to help the weakest charge dps classes (prob spriest and aff). Try to aim to kill 5 charges the first round, even if you only do 4 the next.
    Last edited by ergonomic; 2012-10-22 at 09:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeonde View Post
    DPS could be better.... I'd honestly suggest going 5 sparks if you can, when my group started doing 5 sparks we got consistently better.
    for us it was a bad idea to exceed 4 because at that time you are sacrificing boss uptime on add uptime and shorter phase overall.

OP your DPS can be better and also killing lil adds with CC/AoE and making that phase shorter is about the only thing you can really improve on. Keep trying you'll get it. We had over 100 wipes before we got it. That boss is really the hardest one imho ...unless you get a f'ed up composition of the 1st boss it really scales to form easy to a total cluster#$@!. Your strat is solid. Our group comp was very range heavy (we only had one melee) and that saves healing/improves DPS because range don't have to run out as far and can just dip in/out to clear stacks.

At this point it seems that your healers have nothing left for final phase so just try to make transitions shorter and clean up the add phase.

Quote Originally Posted by ergonomic View Post
    There a lot of subtleties in terms of positioning and uptime that DPS need to utilize on the boss.
    - Make sure to drag the Protector through melee so they can cleave for a second or two before it gets pulled out.
    - Make sure to push the damage at transition before the floor drops.
    - Drag the adds onto the boss before AoEing when the floor comes back up so the boss gets hit too.
    - Ranged can position themselves at the edge so that when they jump, their stacks reset to minimize loss of globals.
    - Ignore the charges when you feel one's going to hit. Focus that time on boss DPS.

To push energy charges more consistently, assign your tanks to help the weakest charge dps classes (prob spriest and aff). Try to aim to kill 5 charges the first round, even if you only do 4 the next.
    Positioning yourself for jumping on the edge to reset stacks is good on the pull but you will lose time after that trying to find the sweet spot if you don't get it perfect the first time at least for me.

Affliction locks have excellent burst as long as they have shards, dunno about SP ours has no problems. We kill 4 orbs per phase on normal.

Something Im noticing with your logs is that Tank Damage is abysmally low. With 50% more damage and Vengeance out the ass, tanks really should be hitting at least 60k. I suggest having them both press buttons more frequently.