Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    To give you some perspective, my job requires a postgrad masters and professional accreditation, I have been in it over 5years, I am on £22k. And I a taking pay cuts this year and next with a pay freeze fate that for the foreseeable future. I also pay a substantial amount into a pension which is being raided by my government to pay for private sector workers who get paid more, and who don't pay into a pension, and who fucked up the economy through greed.

Welcome to public service in the uk.

I like my job, I feel I contribute to society, but like an awful lot of this country, my wages are pants. That's ok, I don't live an extravagant life, but the reality is that anyone who thinks 100k is not a really high salary is so deluded it's not even funny.

Not you btw, I note you other comments, but the person above who said 100k was not a high salary.
    I know the current climate is proper shit for workers of all trades with companies being able to lower wages/freeze wages becuase they have so many people to fill jobs May I ask what job you have?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Well I hate it that I am trying to defend the family because I really do think they should get jobs, Obese people can work in call centers and stuff where being that size does not stop them working.

But

A family of four being totally new qualified soldiers would have a household income of 64k, The fat family have a combined of 22k thats my only point.
    Sorry I am not trying to be argumentative but for me with a family of four myself would not want to survive on 22k because you are certainly not living on 22k. (for 4 adults)
    "JSA for a single person is changed annually, and at August 3, 2012 the maximum payable was £71.00 per week for a person aged over 25 and £56.25 per week for a person aged 18–24.[27] The rules for couples where both are unemployed are more complex, but a maximum of £102.75 per week is payable, dependent on age and other factors. Income-based JSA is reduced for people with savings of over £6,000, by a reduction of £1 per week per £250 of savings, up to £16,000. People with savings of over £16,000 are not able to get IB-JSA at all.[28] The British system provides rent payments as part of a separate scheme called Housing Benefit."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unemplo...llowance_rates

Why are they getting 9 grand a year more than any other unemployed family of 4? Thats what really annoys me, they get more than others yet are still demanding more.

People on benefit get free and rent reduced bills, what the hell do they need more money for unless its just greed?
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2012-10-23 at 12:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    do you guys think they are just lazy and eat too much or do you think they deserve more handouts?
    stay friends with the fatties, when the raptors attack they'll be first to die and every war needs fodder like that so the real heroes stay alive

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    "JSA for a single person is changed annually, and at August 3, 2012 the maximum payable was £71.00 per week for a person aged over 25 and £56.25 per week for a person aged 18–24.[27] The rules for couples where both are unemployed are more complex, but a maximum of £102.75 per week is payable, dependent on age and other factors. Income-based JSA is reduced for people with savings of over £6,000, by a reduction of £1 per week per £250 of savings, up to £16,000. People with savings of over £16,000 are not able to get IB-JSA at all.[28] The British system provides rent payments as part of a separate scheme called Housing Benefit."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unemplo...llowance_rates

Why are they getting 9 grand a year more than any other unemployed family of 4? Thats what really annoys me, they get more than others yet are still demanding more.
    It does break down what they recieve in the article, Sickness/disability allowance etc not JSA.

But you know what the UK gov is like, They will not be paying a single £ in rent/council tax etc.. The problem is the system lets them get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    they claim to be only spending £50 a week on food yet eat 3000+ calories a day.
    Just want to point out that cheap food is much fattier and less healthy than expensive food.

Deleted
    I refuse to believe people are fat from genes. I know nothing about the subject but I'm going to refuse to believe it anyway because to me it sounds ludicrous, if someone wants to come at me with some definitive proof then go ahead, but until then, I'm sat in the "BS" corner. No they do not deserve more benefits.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Chawner family had their every own TV show, it was supposed to be about them losing weight but they would bullshit there way out of everything, they had sooooooooo much help from other people to help them loose weight but they just didn't care
    I've got 99 problems but A frostbolt aint one.

Deleted
    "Emma, said: "I'm a student and don't have time to exercise" she said "We all want to lose weight to stop the abuse we get in the street, but we don't know how."

That quote really cracked me up, they are just bone idle.

Deleted
    Hahahaha........

NO. Just no....

they deserve as many benefits as anyone else period. They pay their fair share of taxes and so does anybody else why should get more benefits than anyone else?

As a fatty myself... "too fat to work" my fat, lumpy, hairy ass. I work with people at least twice their size on a regular basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

I'd rather the money be spent on beating them into working.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Oh it's these people again. They seem to crop up from time to time.

Do they deserve more benefits? Absolutely not.

"and consume 3,000 calories each a day. The recommended maximum intake is 2,000 for women and 2,500 for men." Right there is a reason as to why they are fat. They say healthy stuff is too much money. I can agree with that, but do they need to buy bacon? Why not ham, that's less money and less fat. There are alternatives, but they are ignoring them because they want to live off of the dole.

Yes, fat can be in the genes, but it can also be managed. I know someone who has this heredity fat thing, and whilst they are overweight (and so is the daughter), they manage it and work too.

Fact is here, they can work. Plenty of jobs where you can sit down. This whole can't work because they are too fat doesn't exist - it's down to laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Alasuya View Post
    they deserve as many benefits as anyone else period. They pay their fair share of taxes and so does anybody else why should get more benefits than anyone else?
    No, they won't have paid any taxes for at least 11 years. You don't pay taxes when you're on benefits in the UK. The people that work are the people that pay the taxes to keep them sitting on their arses eating pie and chips all day.

Can we all stop the bullshit about how easy it is to lose weight? It's not, period and unless you've done it yoursel you have no clue what so ever what's needed. Because if it really was that easy to do anything, we would all be billionaires by now. On the other hand none of those people are to fat to work, we had a guy twice their size working at the last place I worked at, and while all he did was stationary work, he still did a good ammount of work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    Can we all stop the bullshit about how easy it is to lose weight? It's not, period and unless you've done it yoursel you have no clue what so ever what's needed. Because if it really was that easy to do anything, we would all be billionaires by now. On the other hand none of those people are to fat to work, we had a guy twice their size working at the last place I worked at, and while all he did was stationary work, he still did a good ammount of work.
    Its not easy to lose weight, its bloody hard work and takes will power, but it is very possible. Eat less calories than you need to maintain bodyweight and you WILL lose weight, some people just make up excuses rather than work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    Can we all stop the bullshit about how easy it is to lose weight?
    I lost 35 pounds completely half assing it. I only ate like a total fatty half the time.

Sham-bam-bamina, apply yourself, get results.

---------- Post added 2012-10-22 at 08:30 PM ----------

And also, food is fucking cheap in England compared to the US.

When I got back home, I was actually offended at the prices we pay here.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obese people are one of the fastest growing voter-bases. They will get quite anything they want (regarding health-care).
    Doesn't matter if "deserved" or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll admit that there are certain chemical imbalances and hormone issues that can cause obesity, but actual medical cases like that are few and far between. The majority of fat people are fat because of the lifestyle choices they make. I have an shit job, an unhealthy diet, and I don't exercise much, yet i'm not overweight. I could claim benefits but I don't out of pride (or arrogance, whichever).

15+ Year Old Account
    Id rather throw that kind of money into the ocean that giving it those lazy fat bastards...
    They have dug their own graves and r to fat to climb out of it, and their funding should be stopped and the money should be given to ppl that really need it
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Its not easy to lose weight, its bloody hard work and takes will power, but it is very possible. Eat less calories than you need to maintain bodyweight and you WILL lose weight, some people just make up excuses rather than work hard.
    The exact same thing can be said about becoming rich, famous or pretty much any other goal you can have in life Yet for some reason obese get told it's suddenly easy. If I told people here to get of their lazy asses and get a 7 digit salary job I'd probably be labled an asshole pretty damn fast.