Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment im buying ore for about 80-90g a stack and then prospecting, selling the gems (dont make the mistake of cutting most of the gems, uncuts of all colours are selling faster for me at the moment) then just making jewellery and disenchanting to make scrolls. Standard ore shuffle, im not making tons but at the moment im making maybe 5k a day from less than an hour logged in a day, not too bad for a low pop server.
    I admit if the ore shuffle wasnt profitable id be a bit stuck, too much stuff requires spirits of harmony to make which i find too boring to grind.

I'm making at least 10k a day just randomly doing professions and AH stuff. I still make gold doing the ghost shuffle, maybe not as much as cata but I also don't spend as much time doing it since I'm trying to level some alts and do some random achievements.

Quit trying to make a million gold in a day. Whats wrong with 2-3k a day? Do you spend 3k each and every day? No, okay then make what you can, over time it will build up. You dont get gold capped by playing the auction for a few weeks. I've been doing it since TBC and I've only gotten gold cap on my main, bank toon, and guild bank.

Also, use the undermine journal. I find 2-3 great deals a day on there. I picked up several of the level 80 417 blues so far for less than 1000g and flipped them for 5-12k. Flipping like that is where the huge money is, but it also requires a lot of time, or luck. Possibly both.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

I started the expansion with around 100k gold and now have almost a million. My biggest problem is to find new things to do so I don't flood the market. Anyway things I've done

1. I have multiple alchemists, all transmute spec. I make living steel every day and sell it. Yes, the price has fallen but with the procs it is still profitable. I am currently leveling up a Blacksmith so I can make the belt buckles.

2. I have multiple scribes. Another option is to buy the scroll of wisdom cooldown of others. Most of my money has been from the darkmoon trinkets. They don't sell for as much now as they did before but my costs to make are very low with herbs going down in price. With multiple scribes and lots of cards I don't have to worry about wasting cards since I make so many decks. I've worked out that even if trinkets dropped to as little as 10k I would still make a profit. And, if herbs keep going down then I could sell a trinket for even less and still be profitable.

3. Not wanting to totally put things in one basket on the scribes I have made the fans and the epic enchants and found those profitable as well. Again, can't flood the market on these.

4. I sell all the greens that I find questing and make a profit on those.

5. I leveled up tailoring, LW and BS -- just selling the proc blues more than made up the cost of leveling.

6. JC - this has been more of a struggle. But ghost iron is so cheap it is still profitable. Prospect the ore, transmute primal diamonds, go buy the level 450 recipes in Jade Forest and make some (check prices on your realm), cut uncommons until you proc a perfect and sell the perfects. Vendor the rest. Make the cheap jewelry and sell the rares that proc, DE the rest. This is all time consuming, but is profitable.

7. Glyphs - Yes you can make money in glyphs just don't sell below your costs. I don't baby sit auctions. I post a few times a day and don't cancel.

8. Enchanting - Just started on this. I leveled up a new enchanter and didn't make the typical cheaper enchant. I made a few of each enchant that I thought might work well on heirlooms or people leveling up. Again, selling these is surprisingly profitable.

9. Farm - keep an eye on vegetable prices. Some sell for astounding amounts of gold since people need them for tillers rep (to make dishes for quests)

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    There's plenty of markets that are doing well right now, you just need to find them. I'm still pulling down 5-10k a day, and with much less work than I put into shuffling in Cata.
    Ah, the token, I'm doing just fine. We're sure you are, so why don't you share? That way players can evaluate your markets based on their own server.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    Ah, the token, I'm doing just fine. We're sure you are, so why don't you share? That way players can evaluate your markets based on their own server.
    You could say that my profit focus has made quite a sea change.

Edit: And one I don't mind being specific with, selling inks (both dream/starlight) is actually pretty profitable right now. Yes, raw inks. The herbs are going for ridiculous prices due to bots on my server (Silkweed at 20g a stack lol) so really you're just selling the time it takes to mill the herbs and make ink. It's resulting in about a 500% market in value just going from raw herbs to inks on my server.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2012-10-23 at 08:38 PM.

You could say that my profit focus has made quite a sea change.

Edit: And one I don't mind being specific with, selling inks (both dream/starlight) is actually pretty profitable right now. Yes, raw inks. The herbs are going for ridiculous prices due to bots on my server (Silkweed at 20g a stack lol) so really you're just selling the time it takes to mill the herbs and make ink. It's resulting in about a 500% market in value just going from raw herbs to inks on my server.
    We don't have that type of pricing. Broad server average cost for Silkweed is 3.8g, so yours would be the exception. THAT is where gold is made... and first to market skills. Primal gems are huge on my server currently, the throughput outpaces the supply almost twofold. That said, the shuffle can't be sustain because of the artificially high ore prices.

Quote Originally Posted by chipsky View Post
    We don't have that type of pricing. Broad server average cost for Silkweed is 3.8g, so yours would be the exception. THAT is where gold is made... and first to market skills. Primal gems are huge on my server currently, the throughput outpaces the supply almost twofold. That said, the shuffle can't be sustain because of the artificially high ore prices.
    Just check prices for all herbs on your server and the find the one the bots are flooding. I'm kind of jealous that Silkweed is still that high on yours. You must be on a dead-pop server.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually been looking at some farming spots, including using Potions of Luck to farm for Motes and cookings mats, as my server seems to have HEAVY demand for fish, meat, vegetables, and motes would translate to Lotuses to sell or use for xmutes for the more expensive gems. Do any of you know any good spots since the turtle spot got nerfed the other day? And would I need skinning to make a large profit?
    Trying to level my druid right now, so farming mobs wouldn't be too painful, as he is full rested.

buy 10k worth of ore for 50-70g a stack
    prospect it
    send to alchemist with xmute spec to make primal diamonds
    the other rare gems you sell or use to make 450 items depending on server
    now you use up the tons of common gems you got to make rings/necks 415 ilvl and DE them
    and then you dont sell the mats since they are dirt cheap you just make enchants.

i know the margins on each are not amazing high, but i make about 20-30k from each 10k shuffle because i use every single last resource i get from the ore.
    and by the looks of the prices posted here im not even on an expensive server.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain dude. I had 150k at the start of the xpac and I'm down to about 50k and cant seem to recoup my losses. All of my old money making techniques are not working. And the "newer" ones have already been kinda done to death. I'm used to farming 2-3k an hour and now a few hours of farming seems to just put me deeper in the hole

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    I feel your pain dude. I had 150k at the start of the xpac and I'm down to about 50k and cant seem to recoup my losses. All of my old money making techniques are not working. And the "newer" ones have already been kinda done to death. I'm used to farming 2-3k an hour and now a few hours of farming seems to just put me deeper in the hole
    Good point by Stanislave about using everything.

Tells how can farming put you further into debt? It is pure profit (opportunity costs argument aside) and should be netting you 4 or 5k an hour irrespecctive of server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Also: I've been told that by the time the next Darkmoon Faire is around the trinkets won't be THAT appealing? Is it not worth it to be stockpiling cards to make decks for when its back in town?
    The DMF cards will remain appealing for as long as they're going to be upgradeable with valor (come 5.1). If blizz change their plans about making them upgradeable then ditch your cards, maybe if they go down in price this fair wait for the faire after 5.1.

But as far as people not being able to make money.../shrug. I mine ghost iron bars, send it to my xmute alchy, make trill bars (lots of procs), make my living steel per day, sell them and the excess trill in stacks of 6 for ~ 500-800 a stack (fluctuates a lot on my server). Works out to roughly 5-6k an hour depending on trill node spawns and trill xmute procs
    Last edited by Safetyoff; 2012-10-24 at 07:27 AM.

Just check prices for all herbs on your server and the find the one the bots are flooding. I'm kind of jealous that Silkweed is still that high on yours. You must be on a dead-pop server.
    Quite the opposite really, Kilrogg is an original server with a mid-high population. That said, its a mature group and we know how to manipulate the economy to a degree. That only means prices fall slower.

When you get a chance, look at my post. It may help if it is something you can do.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-posting-this

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    When you get a chance, look at my post. It may help if it is something you can do.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...r-posting-this
    Shuffling is dead on my server, enchanting mats are next to worthless and gems aren't a good return on ore prices. You're better off buying, smelting and transmuting to trillium.

Only part of the shuffle still seeing a good return is primal diamonds and you have to bust up tons of ore to get the mats for a sizable amount of those. I got super lucky last night and procced 4 off a transmute but that is rare.

Shuffling is dead on my server, enchanting mats are next to worthless and gems aren't a good return on ore prices. You're better off buying, smelting and transmuting to trillium.

Only part of the shuffle still seeing a good return is primal diamonds and you have to bust up tons of ore to get the mats for a sizable amount of those. I got super lucky last night and procced 4 off a transmute but that is rare.
    Thats what I do as well, but Livingsteel is only selling for about 500g on my server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vegetables & fish. Made 1400g on 2 veggie items last night and however many thousands over the past few weeks. Insane amounts for this crap. Browse your veggie and fish market and plant/fish accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuztum View Post
    I doubt this will happen. Didnt happen with the tundra mount/chopper. Didnt happen with the Vial of Sands mount. Prolly wont happen this xpack either and Ill tell you why inflation will continue.

The removal of daily quest cap. Dailies are 40g a pop right now, which doesnt sound like alot. But the are ALOT of casuals. Alot of casuals doing alot of dailies, spending their gold on the shit your posting in the AH.'

TO play devils advocate....gold deflation might hit with the Black Market AH. Novelty shit is what the millionares want. If a Plagued Proto drake ever hits the BMAH, its going for 1million if not more.

I'd sell my mage's kidneys, both of them, and all my gold plus ninja loot my gbank for a Black Scarab.
    Isn't the BMAH already operating though? I already weighed it in as an additional gold sink. Also it should have an indirect impact on the economy by giving people a reason to save up. This might not remove gold from the system, but from rotation, which will eventually have the same effect.