Achievement guide

Hello guys, I'm new here but I've been playing wow on-and-off since Vanilla. Recently I started playing again with my girlfriend, and I have a new account which is on US server. I decided I would play for Achievements, since I don't have a lot of time for hardcore pve/pvp and I don't want to get competitive without puting the time to get decent results.

I searched the web but I couldn't find any achievement guide. Maybe I didn't search well, but I think there is no good achievement guide for new players who just want to get all the achievements done quickly. There are indeed guides for individual achievements, but there is no way to know which way to start. My guess is that you need to start by leveling 6 characters (5+1 for all-professions achievement) so I'm working on leveling my characters right now. I'm also working on making money with the AH, as I have experience in this regard and gold is a good thing to have especially for the "expensive-items" achievements.

But then I don't know what I will work on. Do you guys have any suggestion on what to do after or while leveling? Any daily quests I should be doing? Any reputations I should be farming first? Any help is appreciated.

thanks!
    - Mactone

Quote Originally Posted by Mactone View Post
    Hello guys, I'm new here but I've been playing wow on-and-off since Vanilla. Recently I started playing again with my girlfriend, and I have a new account which is on US server. I decided I would play for Achievements, since I don't have a lot of time for hardcore pve/pvp and I don't want to get competitive without puting the time to get decent results.

I searched the web but I couldn't find any achievement guide. Maybe I didn't search well, but I think there is no good achievement guide for new players who just want to get all the achievements done quickly. There are indeed guides for individual achievements, but there is no way to know which way to start. My guess is that you need to start by leveling 6 characters (5+1 for all-professions achievement) so I'm working on leveling my characters right now. I'm also working on making money with the AH, as I have experience in this regard and gold is a good thing to have especially for the "expensive-items" achievements.

But then I don't know what I will work on. Do you guys have any suggestion on what to do after or while leveling? Any daily quests I should be doing? Any reputations I should be farming first? Any help is appreciated.

thanks!
    - Mactone
    yeah its a pickle i would start by getting exploration and the questing achis done you will make about 30-40k just by doing all questing achis and you will get abot nearly every zone done in regards to exploration meanwhile u will pick up some exalted factions and some nice titles while doing it.

i would then go into farming a set few reps daily due to no daily quest cap. doing this will also help you get dailies and normal quests done for even more awesome titles.

anf if you have the time go and Farm the insane title check this link they will also show you some guides to getting the title

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=2336

other then that i cant say just google certain achis you want to obtain and go from there.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

As a achievement hunter myself.
    First advice is to bookmark 'http://www.wowhead.com/'
    Wowhead has all the information you will need and is handled by players so information is correct

Pick 1 and go for it.

Eg. Do not bother leveling 6 characters yet.
    Take your main and go explore all the zones.
    Maybe Max all secondary professions. (Archeaology has sum fun toys to play around with)
    Do some dungeons with the rep tabards ON for 'exalted reputation' achievement.

Do the quest zone achievements (Will take you awhile and is pretty draining)
    When you finished all the stuff you can solo.
    Join pug raids to Uld/Icc or any raid you havenet been to. They are generally fast and easy to rack up some nice achievement point numbers and free mounts/titles
    Join Bg's and just do the achievements (Most are really easy)

Start with a goal of 9k Achievements. It sounds scary, but it isnt as bad as it seems

Take care
    And happy hunting

Hey guys thanks for the replies

Exploration and quests are my priority right now. I'm working on loremaster too and on getting all the dungeons achievement (I'm leveling some of my toons in dungeons, some others by questing). The insane seems really insane, but it's a feat of strenght : I'm not focusing on those yet, I'd like to get all the regular achievements first before going at this difficulty level

Wowhead is good I already used it and I'm impressed by the quality of the comments and the information I find there. I'm curious about why you don't recommend level 6 toons yet? It seems like a straightforward way to go, given that I will need to do it anyway and that it gives me all the professions for maxing gold production? Also if I level them all at the same time I get the max benefit from the rested period, and the loremaster more easily since I level different races. One of those will also probably be a DK.

thanks for the interest, I'm open to all suggestions, just looking to make the best use of my time with this goal in mind

By the time you leveled those Chars for the 100 or so achievement points.
    You could've gather 2k-6k- achievements.
    Unless you have no life at all and can manage to do both at the same time.

The choice is yours. I just gave you my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Mactone View Post
    the loremaster more easily since I level different races
    Ground mounting Loremaster?
    Just letting you know that Loremaster is easy achievement wise but a massive and tiresome ground.

Once again.
    The choice is yours.

I suggest being a solo achiever then level alts when you are a at dead end.