Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What do YOU want to see from Storm Legion beta?

After just my brain melting with Idea's of Hundreds and Hundreds of different video's I can do from Storm Legion beta, I just wanted to start a general request thread, Im trying to 'target' my video's at stuff people actually want to see or would be interested to learn more about from Storm Legion beta, maybe your an ex-rift player and want to know more about a feature you've heard about thats upcoming in Storm Legion, or maybe you just want to learn more about X feature or see a few of the most creative dimesnions, there are just so many possiblities!

Anyways this is just a request thread, Write what YOU want to see and I'll see what I can do!

15+ Year Old Account
    I think one thing that kind of confuses people is how to go about using the flawless source machine. I think the hardest part for me personally, is trying to find the best possible essences and how to create machines that are the best you can have for that said stat. I have this idea in my head but its kind of tough to explain it for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    I think one thing that kind of confuses people is how to go about using the flawless source machine. I think the hardest part for me personally, is trying to find the best possible essences and how to create machines that are the best you can have for that said stat. I have this idea in my head but its kind of tough to explain it for some reason.
    So if I am understanding this right, you would like a guide to what essences (A.K.A Best in slot essences) to put in your sigil to get the most out of it for each class and also how to aquire these essences?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    So if I am understanding this right, you would like a guide to what essences (A.K.A Best in slot essences) to put in your sigil to get the most out of it for each class and also how to aquire these essences?
    sort of, but there was more to it, but as i just reread the title of this thread, you wanted something to do with the expansion that these machines and essences while there will be new ones in the expansion they arent a *New* part of the game.

P.S. I work the graveyard shift and im writing this as im about to goto bed so my train of thought is a bit off atm.

it might just be the actual grind which makes it difficult for me to really get a handle on. i dont get a ton of time to play so trying to get all these essences and resist essences and stuff just takes me ages to do.

Here a couple ideas for you. They are things that I found really cool and I think people that have not been in the beta might like to see.

1) Graphical representation of shields on health bars and unit frames. This is an amazing feature and I haven't seen too many people talk about it. Would make for a really short video, but it is one of the really nice QoL features I saw while I was playing.

2) Adventure Dealer and showing how items upgrade now. This is really neat as well. I like the fact that you will no longer need to sift through huge lists on the planar vendors. While your at it, showing the looks of the gear available there and the PvP vendor as well. May as well include some of the other cool vendors in TB as well, like the swindler.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    sort of, but there was more to it, but as i just reread the title of this thread, you wanted something to do with the expansion that these machines and essences while there will be new ones in the expansion they arent a *New* part of the game.

P.S. I work the graveyard shift and im writing this as im about to goto bed so my train of thought is a bit off atm.

it might just be the actual grind which makes it difficult for me to really get a handle on. i dont get a ton of time to play so trying to get all these essences and resist essences and stuff just takes me ages to do.
    You'll probably be pleased to here that as of Storm Legion, you won't need to make specific resist sigils anymore as the new stat 'resist all' means that you don't have to farm one for a specific plane e.g Air/water/life etc etc

But yes, Something I will add to my channel/blog are BIS lists for all classes for their sigils and also how to acquire each essence when the level 60 essences are available and the stats on them have been finalized.

1. Class stability
    2. More open world content and zone events
    3. Raids released and heavily tested.
    4. More conquest battlegrounds in SL content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    1. Class stability
    2. More open world content and zone events
    3. Raids released and heavily tested.
    4. More conquest battlegrounds in SL content
    You clearly didn't read beyond the title of the thread to be exact the OP's post. /sigh

Seatin, have you considered putting together a video tour of the entirety of Dusken and Brevane? I know you have a few different videos that highlight different bits, but consider a Brevane zone-by-zone rundown, maybe with a general sense of the storyline for each zone, then do the same for Dusken? I'm not talking about 40 minute run-through from zone-edge to zone-edge, but a nice encapsulation of the feel and look of everything.

One of the best things anyone can do for Rift right now is advertise Storm Legion and what non-players could look forward to by subscribing. The quick glimpses in livestreams are nice, but they're more feature-based and tailored to the current playerbase.

I don't know if alpha testers are free to speak about everything or if there are limits to what can be shared just yet, so disregard if necessary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Seatin, have you considered putting together a video tour of the entirety of Dusken and Brevane? I know you have a few different videos that highlight different bits, but consider a Brevane zone-by-zone rundown, maybe with a general sense of the storyline for each zone, then do the same for Dusken? I'm not talking about 40 minute run-through from zone-edge to zone-edge, but a nice encapsulation of the feel and look of everything.

One of the best things anyone can do for Rift right now is advertise Storm Legion and what non-players could look forward to by subscribing. The quick glimpses in livestreams are nice, but they're more feature-based and tailored to the current playerbase.

I don't know if alpha testers are free to speak about everything or if there are limits to what can be shared just yet, so disregard if necessary
    Its essentially there were 3 levels of NDA which I like to refer to as NDA-ception. There was an NDA within a NDA within another NDA, Now the first layer of the NDA has been removed (50-56 Zones) so we can talk about that as much as we want and do video's and stuff, but the other NDA and the NDA within the NDA, We can't talk about anything in that.

basically anything in open public beta now, I can do video's about ^^

But yes... I like the idea of sort a dynamic tour of each zone, I'll play about that...

Just as a heads up I have a new computer arriving which means that not only can I significantly increase the quality of my video's in terms of visually and the general smoothness, I can also render and upload them more efficently ^^

So at this current point in time, I'm just wrapping up a few of my older video projects and getting some idea's together for what to spend this weekend doing!

I wasn't too impressed with the Hunt Rifts. Neat concept but sorta easy and repetitive. They were all basically the same.

However, I only did the rank 1-2 Hunt Rifts. Would like to see higher ranked Hunt Rifts and if they change any.

I'd like to see a guide to which reputations are going to be useful for raiders, what level of reputation and what you need to do to attain rep. Maybe one video for raiders, another for just cool shit available via reputation (items, pets, recipes, etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I wasn't too impressed with the Hunt Rifts. Neat concept but sorta easy and repetitive. They were all basically the same.

However, I only did the rank 1-2 Hunt Rifts. Would like to see higher ranked Hunt Rifts and if they change any.
    They don't get to much more interesting I'm afraid :/, but I do plan to do a video overviewing the whole Hunt RIFT progression

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    I'd like to see a guide to which reputations are going to be useful for raiders, what level of reputation and what you need to do to attain rep. Maybe one video for raiders, another for just cool shit available via reputation (items, pets, recipes, etc).
    I definitely want to get round to this one! the only problem at this current point in time most stats on items are not finalized and some faction vendors aren't implemented yet and others are in 56+ Which are under NDA :<, but I'm keeping on a close eye on this!

Yea, I stand by what I said in another thread then- Raid Rifts. Bring 'em back and make them difficult. I'm talking original Fire Raid Rift difficulty.

These Hunt Rifts are super lame. >.>

Its essentially there were 3 levels of NDA which I like to refer to as NDA-ception. There was an NDA within a NDA within another NDA, Now the first layer of the NDA has been removed (50-56 Zones) so we can talk about that as much as we want and do video's and stuff, but the other NDA and the NDA within the NDA, We can't talk about anything in that.
    Ah, that makes sense and explains why the only things I know about are the bits I've been privy to testing out. thanks!

They don't get to much more interesting I'm afraid :/, but I do plan to do a video overviewing the whole Hunt RIFT progression
    What about the great hunt rifts? Or are those still under an NDA?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    What about the great hunt rifts? Or are those still under an NDA?
    They have the locked symbol next to the lures last time I checked. Only hunt lures available were the first tier and raid rift lures.

Deleted
    Housing. Missed that feature from modern MMO's for years.

I'd like to see a decent run through of the new souls, with a bit of explanation of the talents and skills, showing them in action, and how they mesh with the current souls. I know its beta and subject to change, but I'd still like to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

PET BATTLES!!

jk
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -