Deleted

Can someone give a quick rundown of Halloween Event activities?

I logged into the game last night in order to partake in the new Halloween Event.

However I'm feeling a little lost in all the stuff going on and I'm feeling like I'm missing out.

I'd appreciate if someone could give a quick rundown of all the Halloween specific activities.

Some pointers:

-I've discovered all the Sugar Candy Nodes and have been mining a number of them. You can eat them yourself or feed them to kids. I also understand they are for crafting something, but I'm not sure what.

-You can get skins and other items from Black Lion Chests. Since I'm not much of a "skin hunter" and don't wish to buy Gems I'll pass on these.

-There's an event in the center of Lion's Arch where you get an item from the Priory/Vigil/Order to scan for something. I've messed about with it a bit but haven't quite figured out what they want me to do.

-People have been talking about some sort of scavenger hunt for various books about the Mad King that ends up rewarding you with a new cape.

-not sure about the rest

I'd like to know as well. I have been collecting candy corn but have no idea what I would use them for. I saw crafting patterns for food but would like to see if there is more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Act I of Mad King Thorn event:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...with_pictures/

*NOTE: This is a total spoiler/guide, if you'd like to try to puzzle the event out yourself and just want a hint to start, go to Magister Tessa near the Lion fountain, obtain the handy dandy candy meter thingamajig and scan right next to Tessa. It will spawn the ghost Serene, she will give you the first chapter. Each chapter has hints on the tooltip to find the next chapter.
    Serene can be hard to see if players are standing on her, look for her nameplate or just look for a "Talk" tab. Also, use your Ctrl button to toggle interactive items on your map.

Halloween weapon skin recipes for the Mystic Forge:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c...oween_exotics/

*NOTE: These skins can be crafted year round, just some of the items only drop during the event. If you want want of these skins, focus on collecting the Halloween mats now and you can create the skin later when you have the other items.

General discussion/overview of events/acheivements:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...hread-spoilers

Haven't read through the whole thing, not sure if it mentions the new dungeons in Dredgehaunt Cliffs & Fireheart Rise.

---------- Post added 2012-10-24 at 04:46 AM ----------

Whoops! Almost forgot the patch notes!

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...rst#post506037
    Last edited by Karizee; 2012-10-24 at 11:47 AM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    God the people crying on reddit about costumes costing too much and the price of skins is sickening. Are they all trolls or really just that retarded? Excuse me while I go vomit...

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, you can use your candy meter at various places to spawn various things, still in discovery but here are a couple:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/c..._bags_for_the/

Just tried it, they work! The fire rings off the Diving Board are super fun
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    God the people crying on reddit about costumes costing too much and the price of skins is sickening. Are they all trolls or really just that retarded? Excuse me while I go vomit...
    Um its godly overpriced for a Halloween item. 250 obsidium ingots and a dungeon gift is part of a legendary so I would rather use it to work on that.

No I don't think Halloween items should be "rare" not the way Anet is doing anyway. I'd rather it be a rare drop then an overpriced rare crafting. TBH I don't think they should be rare at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Um its godly overpriced for a Halloween item. 250 obsidium ingots and a dungeon gift is part of a legendary so I would rather use it to work on that.

No I don't think Halloween items should be "rare" not the way Anet is doing anyway. I'd rather it be a rare drop then an overpriced rare crafting. TBH I don't think they should be rare at all.
    It's a once a year event... of course it's going to be rare..... so much fail in these posts wtf. Has been this way for years in GW1 with halloween costumes/masks