Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Am I doing something wrong?

Hey guys,
    I'm not usually a guy to ask questions about why I'm doing low dps, but I legitimately can't figure it out (or I'm overlooking something).
    I've been raiding since BC on this rogue exclusively and am used to being in the top 3 of my raid on the dps charts. Now, I realize that won't always be so but now I'm struggling to stay in front of the tanks.

I follow this rotation generally:
    Stealth and open with Ambush - Revealing Strike - Slice and Dice - Sinister Strike to max - Rupture - Sinister Strike to max - Eviscerate
    Keep Slice and Dice up, Keep Rupture up, Eviscerate otherwise.
    Cooldowns: Use Adrenaline Rush and Shadow Blades together (Usually at the 30% damage buff), Killing Spree at low energy when not in Adrenaline Rush, Arcane Torrent whenever I can.

I am a guild leader and, frankly, it's getting a bit embarrassing. I can't post URLs just yet on these forums but my information is as follows:
    Xanchta - Blackhand (US)
    World of Logs - Guild Name: Omerta, Blackhand (US). Just take a look at the logs from yesterday (10/23/12)

Thanks in advance for your help.

you can't top meters with combat on all fights only on cleave ones if you want to be competitive try mutilate or sub spec for encounters like feng,spiritbinder,elegon,kings and endboss
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

10+ Year Old Account
    How are you doing relative to the other DPS? With Vengeance, it's not really fair to compare yourself to the tanks until the DPS get decently geared. In dungeons and early raiding while people are still gearing up, tanks are kicking a lot of people's asses.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

"Peace is a lie"

hows your gear? rogues scale well compared to most classes. in weaker gear, you will be terrible. higher gear you will definately do better.

mut is definately better single target DPS, however you shouldnt have an issue winning on stone guard with blade flurry :-/ given.. it looks like you were rupturing quite a bit? blade flurry dosnt transfer rupture, and you should be able to blade flurry this entire fight.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post

You're reaving strike uptime is a little on the low end. And if you're aiming for rupture, that uptime is a little low as well. Your haste is meta low as well. SnD is under 90% uptime on most fights as well. That's what I can see from about 5 mins looking at logs.

I'm going to look at you logs after I type this but right now combat is only good on one fight, lion one, and really bad on just about every other one. I swap from combat to assassination after the first boss. Combat just does almost no dmg when not using cds.

---------- Post added 2012-10-25 at 01:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Ok so I only looked at Feng because its as close to a tank and spank fight we have. The up time on your rupture and revealing strike seemed fine, your S+D uptime is low but not horribly so. Having looked at your gear and logs I would say you are running about avg for a combat rogue. 45k in your gear isn't any fault of your own, its the spec. So if you want to do more go muti, should jump 5-6k at least.

Deleted
    You could do better with your gear, on feng around 10k more. But you really need some better weapons. Just why do you use rupture at the first boss? I won't cleave... :x

Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post
    I'm going to look at you logs after I type this but right now combat is only good on one fight, lion one, and really bad on just about every other one. I swap from combat to assassination after the first boss. Combat just does almost no dmg when not using cds.[COLOR="red"]
    Combat does a very good job on both Elegon and Emperor's Will too. Depending on where your guild struggles maybe a better one than mut. Talking about normal modes of course. Just don't look at the top 10 players of every spec, look at the top 100 to get better numbers.
    I've done 125k at Elegon in combat spec, sadly we didn't log it, would have beaten the vodka rogue . And I'm not a hardcore player.

I can only advise, go with the better weapons you got to choose your spec, and of course look what your guild is planning. We are starting Stone Guard HC this ID, so I stay combat for this. But then... prob mut for the next heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl91 View Post
    You could do better with your gear, on feng around 10k more. But you really need some better weapons. Just why do you use rupture at the first boss? I won't cleave... :x

Combat does a very good job on both Elegon and Emperor's Will too. Depending on where your guild struggles maybe a better one than mut. Talking about normal modes of course. Just don't look at the top 10 players of every spec, look at the top 100 to get better numbers.
    I've done 125k at Elegon in combat spec, sadly we didn't log it, would have beaten the vodka rogue . And I'm not a hardcore player.

I can only advise, go with the better weapons you got to choose your spec, and of course look what your guild is planning. We are starting Stone Guard HC this ID, so I stay combat for this. But then... prob mut for the next heroics.
    Elegon can be good depending on A. cd use and B. how often you get to cleave the add, Problem is on sparks you won't contribute much because SS hits like a wet noodle and you probably won't have enough time to get an evis off, though if you do its dmg is even more pathetic. The key on that fight for meter topping as combat is going to be that last phase. If you get to that phase with all cds up and you kill the boss shortly after AR ends you will be doing a sick amount of dmg. I did 95k on my first kill and that was without my cds in the last phase.