10+ Year Old Account

463 weapon VS 489 weapon for 2H frost

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the dps increase would approx. be when upgrading from a 463 ilvl weapon to a 489 ilvl weapon as 2H frost?

I'm trying to look thru logs and compare my dps to other dk's close to my ilvl on each fight, but most of the ones that are close to my ilvl on this server already have the weapon off elegon and I haven't been as lucky.

I know it depends on current gear, and which 463 weapon you have (I have the Expertise/crit one atm) but I don't mind rough numbers if you have them.

I know how to work with stat weights from main stat and secondary stats but the number crunching when dealing with weapon damage I'm not sure how that works when crunching numbers.

Appreciate the time you took to read this tyvm

Import your character to simcraft and sim it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Import your character to simcraft and sim it.
    I'm actually pretty new to simcraft, and I don't have the weapon. How do I sim it with the weapon I don't have yet?

I would have tried this earlier but Idk how.

Also... I have a sneaking suspicion simcraft is off, because I'm putting out more dps then it's saying I should by like 10-12k... Did a 10min test on a boss test dummy and was 87k at the end, when simcraft puts me at 73k. IDK if that's just RNG or what.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty significant. Even switching from a 463 Gleaming Ravager to an LFR Elegion with a 463 OH is 4k ahead (and DW sims behind 2H in the first place, so it's about a 6-8k increase, and its only half a weapon and half a tier ahead)

Don't ever take dummy testing seriously. There are too many factors that go into raid dps that you're missing when hitting a dummy. It's not in any way an accurate assessment of your performance or potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    It's pretty significant. Even switching from a 463 Gleaming Ravager to an LFR Elegion with a 463 OH is 4k ahead (and DW sims behind 2H in the first place, so it's about a 6-8k increase, and its only half a weapon and half a tier ahead)

Don't ever take dummy testing seriously. There are too many factors that go into raid dps that you're missing when hitting a dummy. It's not in any way an accurate assessment of your performance or potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbycakes View Post
    10-15k.
    10char
    Thanks! That helps kind of put things into perspective. I'm actually 484 ilvl but my weapon is my only 463 left to replace and I'm actually doing less dps then a 479 ilvl dk. I think his rotation IS better then mine slightly (disease uptimes and more oblits then me on average, but only slightly) but he pulled 130k on elegon and I was only at 114k when I died (about 20 seconds before elegon dropped)

So I was trying to put into perspective how he was doing so much more damage at a lower ilvl, that weapon if I'm understanding your guys replies correctly is most likely it.

Thanks for the help =]

Also if anyone actually feels bored enough to post how to sim your char with a weapon you don't have I'd love you forever. I'd like to see what the difference is in a simulation. Thanks bunches!

I went from 463 Ravager to 502 Starshatter and simmed ~14k higher. I assume 489 would be around 9-12k.