Request for Elemental Simming Help!

Hey guys... So I downloaded simcraft and put in my character and ran a whole bunch of stuff... I did this mainly due to the comments that our stat reforging priorities change spots and are not always haste > mast > crit...

Anyway do we reforge straight from scale factors ?? Because even if I change my gear around a bit I still get haste significantly higher than mastery higher than crit.

Also how do we use reforge plots? They don't really make a lot of sense... Not labelled sufficiently and seem to contradict the scale values...

My character is Furah on Jubei'thos if anyone has time to run a sim and comment on the results.

Im not trying to be a dick by this reply just that you seem to be asking for a lot of info. I would recommend hitting up totemspot and looking into their guide as it helped me out a lot.

reforging acording to scale factor are usually pretty efficient if you're not shuffling too much stats (ie if you have a lot more haste than crit, and suddently simC tell you that crit is better, it might not be a good idea to blindly switch all your haste to crit), best would be to try and reforge "virtually" (you can use http://chardev.org/ or rawr to "easily" edit a profile, and then import it back to simC), and try the new reforge, and check if the statweight changed a lot or not : if they didn't you're good, otherwise you'll have to think a bit more and try going for a "middle ground", by siming a few possibilities and trying to find the reforge that yields the best dps (notice that this is usually really time consuming and won't give you any "sizable" advantage, if two stat are _really_ close to each other you can consider them equal and still do really fine)

for reforge plots : try doing only two stats at a time (ideally the two you're having the most problem about deciding). Try to start from a "reforge" that would allow you to reforge in both direction (if you do a reforge plot between haste and crit, but you already reforged all the crit you had into haste, then all the "crit to haste" part of the plot is "wasted"), and then try to find the maximum of the plot : if it's in the "haste to crit" part of the plot, then it mean you should reforge some haste to crit, otherwise you should reforge crit to haste...

The 3-stat reforge are a huge pain to read, and take a lot of time to compute, I really don't ever bother with them...

edit : also when doing plot, be sure to make quite a lot of iteration each time (25k+ ideally). It does take a lot of time to compute (even with mutithreading, best would be to launch a computation before going to bed/work), but at least the plot should be readable. If the plot is really "spiky" and not smooth at all, it's most probably because you're not doing enough iteration, and should discard the result and try again with a more precise plot
    Last edited by Bethan; 2012-10-28 at 02:32 AM.

Bethan described everything pretty good. Reforge plots are most valuable if you have two stats with near equal marginal gains. The plot allows you to find the exact "sweet" spot where the two have equal marginal gains.

Scale factors are by default calculated with a delta of 1000 rating, and are thus better suited as general guidelines of how to gear, gem and reforge.