Gara'jal 10H need some advise

w w w.worldoflogs.com/reports/o89cyjj2g6trqc6y/

There are the logs from my guild's first real attempts at Gara'jal 10H. I know we are short on dps we spent most the night working on totem rotations and killing the adds. By the end of the night we got some better attempts we just started getting roflpwned by the shadowbolts.

ATM we are looking for all the help we can get. We have prot pally and warrior, Mistweaver, Disc priest, Resto Druid, Ele sham, rogue, ret, mage, BM tard as our comp. We are working on timing our raid and healing CDs to maintain coverage for voodoo damage but our pally seems really squishy.

Thanks in advance for any advise.

There really isn't much to say about the fight, other than you need near-perfect execution at this point in progression.

We killed him about 100 attempts, another guild on the server took 180. You need maximum uptime on the boss while killing all the mobs you can in the spirit world. We were using heroism at the beginning, and we had priority queues as to who would go in the spirit world. Our boomkin were the top ones to go in, whereas I (enh) would be the last.The first time we hit enrage we took him to 30%, that I think was around attempt 30 or so. Then we took him to 20%, then 10% and we killed him with about 5 seconds to spare.

Enrage is instant by the way, so don't think you can take off a bit of his health while wiping.

Everyone has to prepot. Everyone has to eat the expensive (300 stat) food. Everyone had the damn expensive weapon enchants on blue weapons. This is a HUGE dps check, and it's a fight that'll be ridiculously easy when it's outgeared. We found 2 shamans for 4 stormlash was a very good dps burst, but that of course depends on how geared your shamans are. This is a fight that demands perfect execution, just practice until you get there. Since you're wiping quite early, I guess you're not killing the spirits inside the spirit world efficiently, well this really has to happen and people must probably save some personal cds for that, or the damage will also be too much to heal.

As an enh shaman, I used personal cds to top the raid in the last 30 sec, always used my personal damage reduction cds to reduce incoming damage, and everyone in the raid did the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had multiple ballclenchingly close wipes, just stick at it. You'll get better and better the more you do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Just as Zwwiel said, everyone and everything needs to be minmaxed on this fight. And most importantly go get as much gear as ppl / gbank can afford.
    We were wiping on this at around 20% last week, and last night after last weeks normal loot + LFR epics we wiped on 11% first try on the evening, and then after a couple of 0.6%, 1%, 0% wipes we downed it with under 10 attempts.

Atleast your hunter seems to be all decked out for this fight.
    BM is quite strong on this one, since you get (with full stacks) ~22% crit AND 22 mastery from going to the shadow phase. which is a major DPS increase for BM.
    If he is used alot in the portals you might want to tell him to save Bestial Wraths for after the shadow portal.

example: at start -> do normal opener with all CD's + readiness CD's prepotted -> if possible save him for the 2nd portal, as his BW will be up when coming out of the portal.
    How I did it:
    After this I did a normal rotation till the end, with only exception beign that BW will be off CD around every new portal so I did not use it for 1-3sec just to make sure I was not going inside the portal. If I was not called in, BW instantly, if I was called in, I saved BW for after portal.

After 28% boss HP we ignored the portals, and as our other tank had to go in alone, with "big adds" he died, and we just ressed him instantly and went with it.
    Last edited by Naaw; 2012-10-25 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    two heal it
    This. We were getting to enrage at 8-9% with 3 healers, switched to 2 and killed it. It's pretty easy mechanically (but a nasty gear check) if everyone can stand still and press their buttons properly.

Killed it tonight and our group has been unlucky on drops. Mainly a few of our dps has gotten most of the drops while the rest is moderately geared.

Anyways we 2 healed it (shaman and paladin) with a shadow priest, moonkin and elemental ready to go and heal the spirit realm.

We had a DK tank which is the hardest to have.

When you understand the rotation and how the debuff and totem works and when voodoo lines up it basically falls into place. Generally the one totem you need to watch for is 4th, assign two people ahead of time and then call out in vent who is back up. Otherwise most all of the totems fall into place. Getting inside the spirit realm as fast as possible should be highest priority. Figure the 3 out before it spawns.

Once you get the totems down and you start hitting enrage or 20% wipes, then you will need to fine tune your strat. The biggest thing is obviously the buff inside. Once your healers get the DPS to 22 stacks every time, you will start to see sub 20-30% enrage wipes.

Now you're probably going to hit a wall where you start asking if you have enough gear. When you do, you need to figure out the BEST way to handle the spirit realm. Eventually we figured out it was best to have 1 person (BM hunter) become the priority on getting 22 stacks first ASAP and getting out of spirit realm. Because bestial wrath is 1minute it is usually always up at the end of the spirit realm. DOT classes should obviously stay in there the longest to clean up.

We had many 5-6% wipes and finally just got it.

As for everyone else, just wait until next week and this boss will be a joke.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2012-10-25 at 11:37 AM.

we 3healed it and were about 5-10sec off of enrage... we tried 2healing but i think having a disc priest in dps gear smite spamming and using healing cds when needed works best... if u don't have a disc priest... i wish u luck