15+ Year Old Account

What is your suggestion for T16 WW 2-piece

Since there seems to be an argument on it's implementation, what is your suggestion for T16 WW 2-piece. Keep in mind it has to relate in some way to Combo Breaker since that is what Blizzard is trying to aim to work around.

What about if it added Combo Breaker: Rising Sun Kick, which resets the CD on RSK when it procs, would probably need to keep the chi cost though, otherwise it would be really OP.

I like the current 2-piece, assuming the numbers will be tweaked a little bit. Combo Breaker increasing the damage of its procced ability was actually the easiest solution to our Mastery I was suggesting back in 5.0 to combat the GCD issues.

I don't know why people think the set bonus shouldn't be boring. It's a 2-piece, not a talent. If we look at other 2-pieces from t16, we see a similar trend. Balance Druids get bonus bolts shot during Eclipse. Very passive minor damage boost. The Warlock 2-pieces are all passive damage boosts. Ret gets "When Art of War activates, all damage is increased by 5% for 6 sec." Minor, passive damage boosts are not bad 2-pieces. I prefer our 2nd iteration so much to the GCD-clogging nightmare it was initially going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkner View Post
    What about if it added Combo Breaker: Rising Sun Kick, which resets the CD on RSK when it procs, would probably need to keep the chi cost though, otherwise it would be really OP.
    This would be way, way too overpowered for a 4-piece, let alone a 2-piece.
    "I realized it is the struggle itself that is the most important. We must strive to be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards." -Data

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the newest version, kind of boring but if they buff it a little i'll be happy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    Ret gets "When Art of War activates, all damage is increased by 5% for 6 sec." Minor, passive damage boosts are not bad 2-pieces.
    Actually that doesn't sound like a bad way to implement it. "Whenever a Combo Breaker is used, all damage is increased by 5% for 6 seconds. Stacking"

I would like the 2pc to buff tiger palm so that it does as much damage as BOK. That solves two problems

- Smoothing Chi spending when you get weird RPPM with RoRo (assuming Blizzard doesn't break it)
    - Reducing the penalty of using TP, but not so much that it is technically a DPS loss still due to lower chi spending.

Other silly suggestions:

- Reduces the cast time of Fists of Fury by 2 seconds
    - Have Fists of Fury apply the TP buff (can you tell that I want FOF to be interesting)
    - While Tiger Strikes is active, your damage is increased by X%

Quote Originally Posted by Saltycracker View Post
    I would like the 2pc to buff tiger palm so that it does as much damage as BOK
    Why would anyone ever cast BoK again if you can get the same damage for half the chi?

Or do you mean the Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkidy View Post
    Why would anyone ever cast BoK again if you can get the same damage for half the chi?
    If you cast Tiger Palm instead of Blackout Kick, you would generate half as many Tigereye Brew stacks, which would be a significant DPS loss.

Seems like the original idea was like the Balance and MW 2pc; chance to proc a free shot of of one of your normal abilities. The problem is that for WW they did it as a Chi refund that you have to spend a GCD to use, rather than as a straight damage proc on gaining/using CB.

I dunno, I like the CB:RSK idea. Chance on gaining CB:BoK (and/or CB:TP?) to gain a charge of CB:RSK instead, which can be used for an 0-chi RSK. Doesn't interact with the regular RSK cooldown at all.

RSK does 1.8x the damage of BoK, so this is basically just a fancier way of doing "chance for CB:BoK to do 80% extra damage and have a different animation". The old way was "chance for CB:BoK to do 100% extra damage but cost an extra GCD". If +80% damage is still too much then they can adjust the proc rate until they're happy with the numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconslicer View Post
    Seems like the original idea was like the Balance and MW 2pc; chance to proc a free shot of of one of your normal abilities. The problem is that for WW they did it as a Chi refund that you have to spend a GCD to use, rather than as a straight damage proc on gaining/using CB.

I dunno, I like the CB:RSK idea. Chance on gaining CB:BoK (and/or CB:TP?) to gain a charge of CB:RSK instead, which can be used for an 0-chi RSK. Doesn't interact with the regular RSK cooldown at all.

RSK does 1.8x the damage of BoK, so this is basically just a fancier way of doing "chance for CB:BoK to do 80% extra damage and have a different animation". The old way was "chance for CB:BoK to do 100% extra damage but cost an extra GCD". If +80% damage is still too much then they can adjust the proc rate until they're happy with the numbers.
    Yet generally something like that would be placed in a 4-piece. Blizzard tends to make 2-piece set bonuses as a small incremental upgrade that doesn't necessarily adjust your play style. But they like to use the 4-piece as a play style adjuster. Giving a Combo Breaker: RSK would be a play style adjuster and would be used for a 4-piece set bonus.

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as it's not like our current 2PC the idea that chasing orbs of energy around in the melee jungle we sit in was just bad planned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Mm, true, it does involve watching for it and claiming a free RSK instead of a free BoK.

I guess to make it really simple they could make CB launch a SFB bolt at your target when consumed, the same way that the MW 2pc launches a non-bouncing Chi Wave. That'd be basically +70% damage on CB:TP and +30% damage on CB:BoK.

I agree with what Requital said. Almost anything is better than collecting yellow balls. I dislike them and most of the time I just ignore them. I know it's a dps loss to just ignore them and that I shouldn't but that's what I usually do, especially in heavy movement fights.

What comes to the 2-piece bonus of T16, what if CB:BoK/TP procs would have something like a 33% chance to proc Tiger Strikes? Would it be too overpowered damage-wise? What if the proc rate would be 15/20/50%? I know it's a proc off a proc-situation but we're just throwing some ideas around, right?

Consuming Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm increases damage by x% for 10 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times. In addition, Combo Breaker: Tiger Palm now stacks up to 3 times, with one use consuming all stacks. (possible + Expel Harm now has a 12% chance to trigger Combo Breaker)

Solves CB:TP being a waste of a global half the time, adds something to look out for, duration allows you to get 2RSKs with some leeway. Can't be saved forever because of the need to refresh Tiger Power. One use consuming all stacks stops the damage increase rolling using CB:TP at 9 seconds twice. Rounds out nicely to involve all 4 chi spending abilities in the tier set, as well as fitting the theme of a small damage increase with procs for most melee DPS this tier.
    Last edited by Quotey; 2013-06-21 at 02:13 AM.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

I thought it would be interesting if they did CB:TP lowers the CD of RSK by .5 seconds and CB:BoK lowers the CD of RSK by 1 second; and if RSK was up, it would just provide a small DPS increase (Maybe 5%?) instead of lowering the CD. I'm not sure if they could actually code that in or not, and it sounds a bit overpower but any suggestion that comes through my mind will make us too strong heh.