Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thank you for the reply for some reason armoury is currently now work

I have full season 13 gear including weapons reforged to mastery

I'm guessing that Is my problem? But I was told full pvp gear is fine

Or am i better speccin combat?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly suspect that (as assassination) you should be approaching the point where you can completely ignore the ground, go flying, and kill her before phase change. Max stacks with the magnificent haste buff will allow you to spam mutilate with 100% envenom uptime, and poison damage (all crits at the end) should be through the roof. Leeching should overcome any incidental damage.

If not, gear might be a bit of a wall for you. If it is, keep on those LFRs and grab more VP gear; a few ilevels (especially in weapons, of course) goes a LONG way.

Name & server works in place of an armory.

(The warlock commented above is currently in 481 gear, not sure what that was in December when the video was uploaded; 477 as mut should yield siiiimilar DPS? Hard to say exactly, aff gets a lot from that buff -- but the EU armory is indeed half-broken, so I'm not checking right now)
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-04-04 at 09:03 AM.

Should of really posted in the rogue solo mega threat. But with a 470-480 item lvl when I first did it i was having problems and had to tank alysrazor after burn out. Now im killing her before burn out :<

Deleted
    A friend of mine told me to post this :

so does anyone have any tips on soloing Kologarn 25 on a assassination rogue 492 item level

Quote Originally Posted by Ome918 View Post
    so does anyone have any tips on soloing Kologarn 25 on a assassination rogue 492 item level

Last time I tryed(like 505 item lvl) I could not kill it. I might beable to now. But I don't know. He hits hard. very hard

if you try again sometime please post if you r able to kill him

Deleted
    Halfus 10 (kill vid) with Nether+Whelps+Time. Not really hard, you only have to survive and to burn all 3 adds to tank boss with leeching. He's much harder with Slate (ms) but doable, it's just a matter of rng about the stun proc + being engi to drop ms stacks (brought him quite low but couldn't be arsed trying over and over and over while it's only rng stuff).

Did Al'Akir too, same idea, survive until there's enough Feedback stacks to be able to tank the boss with leeching + getting free recuperate ticks every 10 seconds by going out of melee range. I think there's a video out here.

Deleted
    No problem with Reliquary of souls.

but am i the only one getting my butt kicked by council in black temple

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post

Focus the paladin, and no one else. I'm Assassination and I just blow my CDs and focus the Paladin. 500 ilvl btw.

Yeah. I focus down the priest and burn all cd and kick heals.

I'mmmm gonna make a few videos today of some ulduar and BT bosses for people.
    Last edited by Enhshamanlol; 2013-04-21 at 10:01 PM.

As others have said,just focus Gathios. I had trouble with them when i first started soloing BT and i came to this thread for help aswell. When its all said and done,that fight is a simple dps race and it comes down to the quality of your gear,theres no real trick to it or anything.

I first managed it at around ivl 476 with agi flask,agi pre-pot and scroll of fortitude in Combat spec. Also used Glyph of Evasion and talented Combat Readiness for good measure.

Simply turn on Blade Flurry for cleave,focus on Gathios and go nuts. Pop Shadowblades/Adrenaline Rush/Trinkets/Racials/Killing spree and use Evasion,CR and smoke bomb to mitigate incoming damage. By the time its done they should be down to 10-20% hp. By that time,you can use Prep for second evasion and a master healing potion if its needed.

Honestly though,all that is just for below 480 ilvl...after 480 it becomes totally trivial. You'll be able to nuke them down with no effort =)

Updated a ulduar stuff. been playing around with 25 ulduar and got 5/14 so far. I need a combat weapon before I try more tho.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Was your warbringer solo video before or after they made them immune to everything? :O Just checking before I head out and get stomped by one.

I still solo Warbringers all the time on my rogue. spec burst of speed, ST, DT and have a pvp trinket. normal kiting, trying to keep ST buff up, and BoS (use sprint when you're low on energy) up at all times, trying to stay max range. If he starts to cast the fear and you're close to him, precloak it, if cloak is on CD and you cant out-range, you have the pvp trinket for a back-up. It's harder, but not really all the difficult once you get used to it.

---------- Post added 2013-05-07 at 01:02 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Moritsume View Post
    Was your warbringer solo video before or after they made them immune to everything? :O Just checking before I head out and get stomped by one.
    Didn't see that. What Kinker said. you can be undead as well and just have trinket will and cloak for fears. IT works as well

Just thought I'd contribute my method for soloing Reliquary of Souls, since the thread the OP links to has been deleted.

The only phase that causes any grief is the Essence of Desire phase in which he reflects damage. The Spirit Shock used to be the killer here, but he no longer spams it, so even of you let one go off, it's not a wipe. The biggest key is just to dps briefly with elusiveness feint up, then stop and let recoup top you up a bit, then dps some more. This method is simply what I found to work after one short lived attempt, there are other methods I can imagine working, like bringing an add in to @focus shiv leeching on, but this works for me.

Used to solo all the old raids weekly on blood dk/hunter/pally, but with the gold nerf, I've only recently started on my rogue purely for the sake of transmog/interest.

Anyone looking at soloing Kael, the keepers may seem challenging, but don't be deterred, in any decent gear ie normal tier 14 gear or tier 15 LFR + it's really quite faceroll.

ANy fight that has adds, I really do enjoy Marked for Death, especially since I've been playing as Assassination, so a quick free envenom makes for some burst AoE form envenom buffed foks.

Quote Originally Posted by lexotron View Post
    Focus the paladin, and no one else. I'm Assassination and I just blow my CDs and focus the Paladin. 500 ilvl btw.
    Also, stay out of aoe, especially the flamestrike. Keep up recoup and cycle defensive cooldowns.

Staying on the pally is a good idea because he never bubbles but WARNING: if you do not damage all four of them sufficiently they will despawn without dropping loot when they die, this happened to me the other day and I had a GM confirm it. So start the fight by FoKing the four of them for a bit to make sure they are all tagged to you properly.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-05-19 at 02:45 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Texxi View Post
    A friend of mine told me to post this :

-snipped double posted video-
    It's nice to see content being soloed by rogues but BoS with DT/ST is a bit meh, could probably solo most bosses this way if you can outrun them.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-05-19 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whether it's a "meh" tactic or not the question is about what can be soloed, in what gear, using what tactics; it hardly invalidates the information.