Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Mob of catholic-school nigerian teens killing someone over a "territorial" dispute.

I'm neither shocked, nor surprised it happened in the UK.

This is the 21st century alright.
    [rest of this post redacted in the interest of not giving trigger-happy mods an excuse, or insulting pathetic thin-skinned people on the internet of all places]

Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    In the US we would have used guns... looks like you need more legislation...to prevent this sort of thing. yea more laws could have prevented this.... if only melee weapons where banned or some how restricted.
    Ohwait... Not sure if serious?

Good thing somebody was carrying a concealed weapon to sto...oh, sorry, wrong country!

Horrible, horrible story. Hopefully the punishment is harsh.

Probably gang and drug related, while this is nothing new, the stupidity to do it in a highly surveyed area is.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    2 groups of teenagers, 1 group fled, one member of the fleeing group was caught and killed.

Sounds like a racial conflict. I think the victim might be muslim.
    I don't think muslim is a race

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tjanson View Post
    Or one armed citizen. I meant subject, my bad.
    Okay, okay. We don't need to start taking snipes at nationalities. Keep it constructive. Especially since I agree with you on both comments. I do not like the monarchy and would much rather be a citizen with a written constitution to uphold my rights, not a monarch's subject with quite a messy and confusing definition of people's rights (thankfully, at least for now, we have the EU rights to cover us). And I think the law should be reformed to allow for real self-defence and intervention to prevent murder.

I'm not sure guns would be my answer, because then it becomes just as likely that the gang might also be carrying guns, but something that made people more comfortable to stick up for themselves would be good.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-10-25 at 10:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Probably gang and drug related, while this is nothing new, the stupidity to do it in a highly surveyed area is.
    Nope, even more trivial than that.

The motive for the violence – like those found at the root of so many disputes which claim the lives of young people – was trivial, the court was told. It was not down to school rivalry, more a battle of territory in and around Victoria station, where groups of teenagers would gather in the evenings in fast-food outlets on their way home from their various schools.

The day before, there had been a spat between the same two groups of teenagers, one group from St Charles, the other from two or three west London schools, including Henry Compton, where Sofyen was studying for his GCSEs. In the dispute, one young man, Melvin Mensah, had been left with a bloody nose before the two groups were parted by the British transport police

This is why guns should be allowed in Britain.
    If they descended on me I would go out blasting their body to pieces with a handgun.

Sub human people like them don't belong in society and should be put down as such.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    I get a picture of this scene in my head similar to the fight in Anchorman.

Pretty messed up, can't believe these kids would actually go through with this.. 18/20 of them were A level students O_o
    Damn you for making me laugh. On a more serious note, why is it that surprising? Just because someone's a good student doesn't mean they're incapable of violence.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Only in Americ.... Oh wait.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Deleted
    This is some seriously fucking mental shit. The people involved should be locked up for life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Horrifying, on closer look, it seems that the 2 groups might have agreed on a fight, only one group came in greater than agreed numbers and armed.

Its interesting to see that even though pretty much everything they used in that attack is illegal in Britain, yet a bunch of school kids were able to acquire all those weapons.

On the onlookers subject: you must realise that in GB, you are not allowed to carry anything for self-defense, not even a baton or pepper spray (really stupid in my opinion, but well). And I am really not going to blame anyone for not going with bare hands against a knife or sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

did they know the kid they murdered or was it a random attack because he was in the wrong area at the wrong time?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    Damn you for making me laugh. On a more serious note, why is it that surprising? Just because someone's a good student doesn't mean they're incapable of violence.
    sure, smart people arent immune to violent tendencies... but they made a social media event of it, committed the preplanned crime in front of god knows how many cameras. they created mountains of evidence, with absolutely no attempt to conceal anything. id consider that pretty astounding for people that are supposed to be intelligent

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    All I have to say is I was absolutely shocked this happened in London. They should put that gang of kids on the gallows.
    Really? London is rife with gang related crimes, weapons, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    sure, smart people arent immune to violent tendencies... but they made a social media event of it, committed the preplanned crime in front of god knows how many cameras. they created mountains of evidence, with absolutely no attempt to conceal anything. id consider that pretty astounding for people that are supposed to be intelligent
    Good student =/= intelligent. Besides, people tend not to think in the middle of action like this, they act more instinctively.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Made me think of the subway scene in Green Street Hooligans, where the 2 firms line up and start fighting. haha

Rip for that stupid kid getting killed my other stupid kid over stupid things (most likely). They probably didn't like the same clubs, weren't in the same gang, or worst case stole money from them big deal.

What the effing eff?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Of 20 poeple charged:

3+5+2+7 = 17.

20/2 = 10. 10 != 17.

3 of Murder, 5 of manslaughter (which is an unplanned killing), 2 of conspiracy to injure or kill, 7 of violent disorder. which probably means they brandished weapons in public.

All of the above will serve time of some sort, have a permanent mark on their record, will likely be expelled from their universities/colleges, and have a hard time finding work that requires a background check.

Most of these people were minors when the crime was commited: they said trial took place across 18 months, (3yrs) and thier ages range from 18-20 today. (making them 15-17 at the time of the murder)

I'm curious what the motive is, for such a public and poorly planned murder. they planned it literally the day of.
    An unplanned killing is second degree murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    Good student =/= intelligent. Besides, people tend not to think in the middle of action like this, they act more instinctively.
    if the article is accurate, this was well prepared for by the armed group. they even arranged the purchase of more knives and other weapons via text the evening before, and planned to commit violence. but for the veritable mountain of evidence they created i would be inclined to agree with you, think it was mob mentality and adrenaline overriding their intellect. the amount of planning to commit violence and none toward getting away with it when this many people are involved is actually pretty puzzling