Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm glad other people have said that they have this problem as a 2H Frost player. I do often find myself suddenly concentrating too much on my runes and RP at 35% to try and fit in a SR. It gets even more difficult when you have SR up and a Killing Machine proc, or you get SR up and use it a split second before Killing Machine procs and you lose the chance of a Killing Machine proc. I have done the same as what the OP has but on considerably more fights and I'm finding that my Obliterates not only do bigger crits, but generally I get more of them in on the last 35% than I do when solely gaming for SR on cooldown. In essence, I'm doing more damage in the last 35% but just sticking to my usual priority with Killing Machine procs. In a nutshell, SR makes no difference to my DPS, and is sometimes a loss, but the main difference being a rotation without SR being a lot smoother (at least for 2H, I haven't tried DW). As such, I just stick to my usual priority list and use Obliterate every time and ignore SR and I've never noticed a difference. So I'm sticking to what I'm most familiar with and what has the most natural flowing feel to it. Hope that helps.

I've read more than a few times that under 35% KM Ob vs KM FS is just a FCFS thing. Anyone else not bothering to hold for a KM Ob and just FS'ing if they have the RP?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartst View Post
    2h frost is a retarded shit spec and that's why SR is dumb in it.
    I actually agree

How to use Soul Reaper:

Over 35%? Ignore.
    Under 35%? Combo it with plague strike (assuming you're frost - I have no idea when it comes to unholy/blood)

It's not like you can do much with a frost rune on its own - I only use Icy Touch for when I'm not suppose to HB, and I only HB when it's free, so... use it then.

The problem is mostly dealing w/ 2H frost. It's a bit clunky for us

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still surprised there aren't more threads praising this. We have an execute that hits really hard and our execute phase is sooooooooooo long. Come on enjoy it!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

hard to enjoy when its overall pretty shitty for 2h frost

Quote Originally Posted by Yells View Post
    I'm still surprised there aren't more threads praising this. We have an execute that hits really hard and our execute phase is sooooooooooo long. Come on enjoy it!
    Can't enjoy it when it doesn't work >.>

Deleted
    I don't have any problems with SR being a 2h frost. Probably I don't use it on CD because of KM OB and RNG but I still prefer SR over everything else (beside KM OB).

10+ Year Old Account
    if your losing dps by using SR, your doing it wrong, play better!

Deleted
    A fix for PvP would be to turn Soul Reaper into a dot that lasts 5 seconds, hitting every sec for the 1/5 th of the total damage.

Can only be applied below 35% and keeps doing damage if the target gets above 35%.

Or can be applied whenever you want but only does damage below 35%.

First would probably be the easiest.

This doesn't really solve frost spec issues though.

i agree SR is kinda dumb.. the first time i hit 87 on dk i thought.. omg i finally get this beast ass move that lasts 10 seconds.. sadly it only lasts 4.. or 5 whatever.. but jesus christ i can see why they'd not give it 10 seconds but make it atleast 6.... or 7.. the haste buff is practically useless if your target is dead anyway. timing SR isnt that hard as blood but im sure not gonna have a fun timing messing with it as frost.. ill proly just go dw right away.

Deleted
    Yep, not particularly happy with SR considering other amazing executes like locks and warriors have. As mainly a pvper, SR is an ability that I essentially never use due to the 5 sec wait, which just makes it feel awkward and clunky - without it would be far more effective. It would help make us more the glass cannon of plate melee specs.

Honestly, I have looked at this ability a lot and what it needs is a damage exceed ratio, once you do X damage to a target with soul reaper on it, it should pop its damage. It would make people actually be scared of a DK once they have that ability on them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyoff View Post
    if your losing dps by using SR, your doing it wrong, play better!
    Im sure everyone wants to thank you for your contribution here. I am curious if you even raid with your DK. As the majority of raiders think SR is stupid as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Im sure everyone wants to thank you for your contribution here. I am curious if you even raid with your DK. As the majority of raiders think SR is stupid as it is now.
    No... no they don't. If you use it right it's a DPS gain period, done, end of story. The only spec it's even slightly annoying to use correctly is 2H Frost and even then it's not even remotely complicated. For DW Frost (which sims are showing as the superior spec now by the way thanks to the priority being fixed) it's easy since you're just replacing an HB and for UH you're just replacing an SS. For 2H frost you're replacing half an OB but thanks to our permanent Death Runes it doesn't actually cause any rune issues as long as you don't use it with 2U almost full and only 1F/D up. That situation is incredibly rare and in that case you just delay the SR and OB to use the U and SR on the D that's coming up.