Page 1 of 18
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

If a war broke out..would you volunteer to go to war?

Like actually get a rifle and go kill some person? This war is not happening in your own city or town but some foreign country. Would you take up arms and go to some foreign country because your government thought it was worth fighting for?

I don't think I would because I don't like to kill people ..unless they were invading my neighbourhood and my family was at risk. That's just me I guess but the thought of flying over to some strange country and killing people seems absurd and ridiculous.

Maybe I'm a pussy or not man enough but if it's not another world war I don't really see the point of killing people.

No, I hate my country.

I actually think a war with my country would help the "society" in this place to be... "polished"

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    When I say volunteer I mean...actually volunteer and not be an employee of the armed forces.

Deleted
    Having been deployed twice(Iraq, Afghanistan), I can only say yes. Some people believe in what they're signing up for. Some people are just soldiers for a living. Some both. I honestly believed I was making a difference for people who needed it, and that's worth fighting for.

Edit: noticing the post above I'll say that where I'm from deployment is a choice you make, not mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    no

rather wait for the troops too barge into my house and shoot me down then go out into the battle and die even sooner then i would otherwise

I'd defend my home soil...but no I'm not gonna go off and shoot people on their land.

If they would take me, yes.

Yes... when 911 happened. i know I'm not physically fit to be a soldier, but i can dam well drive an ammo/fuel/food truck through a combat zone.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Having been deployed twice(Iraq, Afghanistan), I can only say yes. Some people believe in what they're signing up for. Some people are just soldiers for a living. Some both. I honestly believed I was making a difference for people who needed it, and that's worth fighting for.
    inb4 some political douche.

I agree with you - but I would only do it to prevent another Hitler-esque situation
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go to war, for sure (as active duty military, I wouldn't have much of a choice!), but I wouldn't be much of a use with a rifle in my hands. Every time I've qualified on the M-16/M-4 since I've been in, I've failed and been required to attend remedial training. I'm pretty much just a terrible shot. So I'd be way better off with sticking to what I know, and supporting the war effort by fixing the helicopters that put the troops who can shoot on target.

10+ Year Old Account
    depends on the country if im actually needed sure if its against a weak nation that they dont need me for no
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    I'd defend my home soil...but no I'm not gonna go off and shoot people on their land.
    you wouldn't fight against nazi germany?

Deleted
    I dislike war, so I won't support it. I'm actually quite bad at it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    I thought this was 2012, not 1939. You may as well ask me if I would go fight in Carthage.

No. I suspect I'd be terrible in actual combat.

If I felt the cause was important enough I might volunteer to help in other areas. Surely they need people who are good with technology, or analysis. I'd be much more valuable at that than pointing a gun at someone.

Depends if it was something i think is worth fighting for, i would.

About my country, if any country invades us, Portugal, i would go without thinking twice, no matter how stronger than us they are, Spain for example attacked us many times with ratios like 4:1 and my ancestors fought and won to give us the country we have today, i would do the same for our future children and to preserve our history.

Depends on the war. If the continued freedom of my countrymen were at stake I would do what I could, though I'm not fit for combat duty. Another Vietnam? Fuck. That.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    No.... i would stay in my home... eating pizza and playing videogames until someone come and kill me

Unless... someone close to me get into danger... then i will try to kill the one that is doing that to my family/friends... and die....

Deleted
    Volunteer as what? You can do many things to help the army.

Oh yes. Nothing like killing people to showcase the superiority of my nation's interests. Truly an admirable mindset.
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."